Topic: Spin-Off Feature (About Boba Fett, Han Solo, Yoda...?)

Let this be a thread on all things preliminary for the spin-off film, which is not considered Star Wars Episode 7, but is a live-action feature film for theaters nonetheless.

In the 2/9/2013 Los Angeles Times, ESB/ROTJ writer Lawrence Kasdan, who's also an accomplished writer/director for other films, has an article by Noelene Clark (@NoeleneClark):

Kasdan would not confirm reports that the spinoff films would center on iconic characters Han Solo, Boba Fett or Yoda, but said he wasn’t focusing on his previous scripts or on the extended “Star Wars” universe in his approach to writing the new film.

“I’m trying to start fresh,” he said. “There are certain pleasures that we think the saga can bring to people that they’ve been missing, and we’re hoping to bring them that, and at the same time, have them feel that it’s all new.”

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Re: Spin-Off Feature (About Boba Fett, Han Solo, Yoda...?)

Personally, I'd prefer it if the spinoffs weren't about Fett.  I prefer a mysterious Boba that we know nothing about.  It makes him that much more intimidating.  Han Solo though, that'd be interesting.

I'm ecstatic about the Boba Fett film. Boba has been ridiculed for the Sarlacc incident in ROTJ long enough. His redemption is at hand. Also, I wanted a Boba Fett vs Cad Bane film, because I feel it would be an epic rite of passage for Boba. However, it seems the film will take place during the OT.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

I would love to see a spin-off on Fett. Perhaps one about Han Solo and Fett. All of that animosity would make it awesome.

Verd ori'shya Beskar'gam.

DarkOne wrote:

I would love to see a spin-off on Fett. Perhaps one about Han Solo and Fett. All of that animosity would make it awesome.

Great point. That's how things are looking, but it seems Episode 7 will come first.

I feel a spin off is inevitable but I have absolutely no idea how they will go about it. As long as they don't turn it into a sappy love story or whiny orphan thing I could be happy. I just want more bounty hunters, and like...space pirates.

"A thousand years of space and time and I have never come across anyone wasn't important." -- Doctor Who

I prefer the stories on obscure characters that were in the background of the films. I'd rather they leave Boba out of it as I felt they ruined the mystery of his character with the prequels.

The trail blazing bounty hunter...

BobaFett101 wrote:

I prefer the stories on obscure characters that were in the background of the films. I'd rather they leave Boba out of it as I felt they ruined the mystery of his character with the prequels.

Excellent point. It would be nice if he's just a supporting character, as ESB and ROTJ created the mystery after all.