Re: Anger management thread

nope

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

552 (edited by Miba Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:43 am)

Karson, are there any other kids in your area who wouldn't mind an in-formal game? I know I've played 6-person baseball before.

Terra, We'd do our school books after breakfast usually sometimes we got a later start, and it didn't matter a whole lot about getting up early. No strict schedule. If we took a day off (or a week if we went on vacation) it didn't matter. And we could do it in the summer too, or over the weekend. I remember some saturdays I just sat down with my science book for a while. And if I felt like doing english first one day, great, if the next I wanted to do science first, great. What I think I liked best was the ability to take as long as needed. Math is my weak point, so if I had to spend over an hour of it I could. We got about the same subjects I think, math, english, science, etc. I had started biology but I don't think the others had yet, when I left home. Some subjects were just unnecessary so we didn't do those, such as advanced math, none of us learned that, and we didn't do a whole lot of physics study. See, my mom's weak point is math as well, but my dad is awesome at math but he left when I was 9 so even my grasp of multiplication is shaky. My mom taught us to cook and play piano (though I sorta stopped learning piano I can still play a little though), and she can actually play pretty much any instrument so one of my brothers learned guitar and I thought about taking up violin cause it's not hard (to me anyway, after a 10 minute lesson I played a beginner's duet with my mom). We were always in the library and sometimes my mom would pick historical books for us to read (I really got addicted to the Dear America books). And she would read to us every night, usually from the classics. We traveled a lot so she taught us how to read maps. And in our travels we went to places like the space center in alabama, and various museums, once we went to DC, and we went to a lot of zoos and parks. We almost always had a garden so we learned about weeds and stuff. And my mom taught us how to build, like, chicken coops and such. (we've almost always had chickens) But our schooling was a bit more informal than some people's. I've known other homeschoolers who do have a set schedule. And some who pushed their kids hard to get them GEDs at 16. And some who bought all these tons of books (whereas we mostly got ours from the library or were donated to us from local schools) and programs and stuff.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Look I am done with it.

This is the story that was in the newspaper:

BOE approves 2 personnel actions, but not until after an executive session

By Chris Norwood

The Talladega City Board of Education voted 3-1 Thursday to approve two personnel actions at Talladega High School as recommended by Doug Campbell. The vote followed a 50 minute executive session.

Board chairwoman Mary McGhee cast the dissenting vote, and Board member Shirley Simmons-Sims was absent.

Board member Bonnie Miller voted to fill the two positions, but said "I am not happy with this situation. I just want the system to move forward. I want that in the record. I am not happy with this situation, but I want the system to move forward."

The vote was to hire John T. Hill as English teacher at Talladega High School and Phillip Smith as a health teacher at the same school. McGee had objected to Smith's resume being considered because it had not been updated in two years.

"This is an ongoing problem," McGhee said. "We just don't know anything could have happened during those past two years. This is an eyesore for Talladega, and we've been getting black eyes on this kind of information for some time."

The board normally keeps applications on file for two years before shredding them, unless the applicant calls and asks for an extension. According to secretary Phylis Large, that was the case in this instance. Smith said he had nothing to add to his updated resume.

Board Member James Braswell proposed discussing the resume in executive session under the good name and character exception. The Daily Home objected, and the discussion remained public for a few more minutes.

Talladega High School Principal Darren Anglin offered to explain the late submission of Smith's resume, but McGhee initially cut him, saying, "You have been untruthful with us in making recommendations in the past. You have done a disservice to me and the other board members, and you have hung some big problems on us."

"I am sorry you feel that way," Anglin said. "I had a recommendation ready to go forward (for the health position) during the administration meeting last Thursday. The English position had just popped open with a last minute resignation, and I had to leave the administration meeting early. That was when Mr. Campbell told me he had a problem with my recommendation."

He[Anglin] said he had delegated finding a last minute replacement to assistant principal Bobby Tittle, sense the Annual Yearly Progress reports had just been published.

"You had a fully qualified applicant, and I am going to this length because I think that what was done to him was morally wrong. He was qualified, he had worked here for three years, and coached last year for free. He moved here, expecting to get tenure. He was a good man, a track champion and scholarship winner. And he was thrown out like trash, for no good reason that I have been given."

At this piont, a second executive session was called for, and this time was approved.

McGhee said she anticipated it would last "about 10 minutes."

Anglin and Tittle remained behind closed doors with the board and Campbell for about the first 39 minutes, and Tittle was called back in for a few minute shortly before the meeting was adjourned.

The vote was taken immediately after the public meeting reconvened, with no further discussion prior to the vote.

Both position had come up previously during a Tuesday meeting, but had been tabled.

The board also agreed to cancel the meeting scheduled for Monday evening.

DUDE, the drama up in this place lately. What the heck happened while I was gone???

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

@ Karson

Yeah that's some BS right there, so did he coach any other teams or just football? And what's gonna happen with your team are they gonna try and find a temporary replacement or anything for now?

557 (edited by Karson Fett Friday, August 20, 2010 3:52 pm)

He coached track.

@ F-blood miba left and told what she really thought about us...

558 (edited by fairyblood Sunday, August 22, 2010 1:59 pm)

Yeah, I saw that but it seemed like something that had been building since before I became active again a few weeks ago.

Ah well. Stuff happens. Let's have fun. <3

Yepp Sith happens

Arghhh my back aches. Nearly three days ago I slipped on the ice when I was taking the wee ones to school (I landed badly) and my back is still hurting (I could barely move this morning)

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Awe, get some rest and some icy hot

Thank you smile when I woke this morning it was aching really badly, but it has got better throughout the day. I think I must be sleeping badly. I will be happy when it stops aching though (it has now ached for nearly four days)

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

563 (edited by Terra Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:20 pm)

My Heart wants to complain about the last attempt for something decent, men-wise. It hasn't been satisfying in the least and Heart did not see the point to stress It out for something (someone?) so loveless and shallow. And to think I had already covered the subject of Narcissism Disorder over 10 years ago. And at age 27, it is NOT normal to have an imaginary friend... especially when said imaginary friend exists as a person and you could speak to HER instead.

...and Batman underwear is for kids.

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)

Terra wrote:

My Heart wants to complain about the last attempt for something decent, men-wise.

Thanks for reaching out to all of us here. Tomorrow is a new day. You are wonderful, Terra! Anyone should be so lucky to get to know you.

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

565 (edited by Terra Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:25 pm)

BFFC Admin wrote:

Thanks for reaching out to all of us here. Tomorrow is a new day. You are wonderful, Terra! Anyone should be so lucky to get to know you.

Hey, glad to be back, Aaron. This is sweet of you to say. Missed you.

I'll try to not "quit for good" too many times, lol. Yesteday was already a new day, but thanks. tongue

Cast iron and treadmills? Oh yes. Still sculpting me to what I really want to be, and I love it. :)