Topic: WIKI Leaks

Wiki Leaks, this website might have blood on its hands. Blood of our troopers and civilians alike.

This site may have endangered US national security. How many other countries' security could be endangered by this site.

What do you guys think?

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

Re: WIKI Leaks

i think it's time to move to canada

I disagree. I think information needs to be shared to the public. Thank goodness there's a means for it AFTER something has happened.

I think the line to draw is only where it's before something is happening and it's shared maliciously, intended to hurt people.

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

4 (edited by Karson Fett Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:47 pm)

I just think that US military business should be US military business only. Classified information is not meant to be shred with the public. I don't care if is before an operation or after an operation, he information should still be classified. The only thing that the public needs to know is if it was a success or a success. Even after an event happens the information is still extremely sensitive and should only be issued on a need t know basis.

My father, who is a highly educated, former US Army National Guard Major, said that if he was president the guy who posted US military secrets on the internet would be dead. He would have had him terminated the day after the man put this kind of thing on the internet. Again, my dad has 20 years of service under his belt, including 2 years of being a stationed at U.S. Army Forces Command or FORSCOM at Fort McPherson GA. He was so good there they have called him back out of retirement, but thats another subject. I think that he knows a little bit about US national security. But like me, he isn't always politically correct.

You shouldn't mess around with an countries' secrets, unless you are at war with them.

First, I don't believe it's the president's job to "kill" someone. This is America, not some military regime.

Second, are you referring to the helicopter footage of American troops talking while shooting civilians (and a photojournalist) who appear to be in a group?

BFFC Admin wrote:

First, I don't believe it's the president's job to "kill" someone. This is America, not some military regime.

I never said that it was the president's job to kill someone, no no no, that'd be too messy. I believe if anyone in the world messes with US National security or he should be taken out. I am a nationalist.

Your right its America, and America as we know is decaying rapidly. We have gone soft.

The Ends Justify the Means.

I'm gonna be honest I haven't seen the info they released but imo as long as it's not something that will compromise any current operations or anything I don't think it's that bad. I think it's important for the public to have some knowledge of what they're up to but then again Wikileaks isn't a very good source either since they seem pretty biased.

these reports had a lot of names on them, names of people who the army had spying for them and collecting the information seen in these reports, people of all sorts of nationalities. and now their confidentiality is no more. classified is classified for a reason.

Fett_II wrote:

these reports had a lot of names on them, names of people who the army had spying for them and collecting the information seen in these reports, people of all sorts of nationalities. and now their confidentiality is no more. classified is classified for a reason.

This is also what I've heard, and if true then there really is a situation of possibly aiding and abetting the enemy.  Disclosing information of current information sources and their contacts, especially in Afghanistan where I believe these particular sources are located, could be a very serious blow to our operations in the region.  Not to mention a breach of faith with those contacts, and another reason for the civilians over there not to trust us or want to help.  Why should they if wanna-be do-gooders are gonna post their names on the web and place themselves and their entire families at risk? 

I don't know enough about the website to say whether or not I think it should be taken down and/or if its founder needs to be arrested, but I know some ppl are really considering it.

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Yeah that's pretty bad then, did they find out who got the information for wikileaks? Was it someone on the inside or something?

Fett_II wrote:

classified is classified for a reason.

THANK YOU!!

Ralin Drakus wrote:

This is also what I've heard, and if true then there really is a situation of possibly aiding and abetting the enemy.  Disclosing information of current information sources and their contacts, especially in Afghanistan where I believe these particular sources are located, could be a very serious blow to our operations in the region.  Not to mention a breach of faith with those contacts, and another reason for the civilians over there not to trust us or want to help.  Why should they if wanna-be do-gooders are gonna post their names on the web and place themselves and their entire families at risk?

Your right, there buddy

12 (edited by Karson Fett Tuesday, December 7, 2010 4:05 pm)

Finally! This guy has been taken off the internet

I find it reckless. To me, it doesn't seem to be about "Big Brother " keeping secrets from the public.This is more like the douche on the play ground who walks up on someone playing hide and seek and is like, "LOL, TIMMY'S OVER THERE!" Much heavier consequences, of course.

"Next time I'll just reach over and pull somebody's head off."

14 (edited by turnitaround Wednesday, December 8, 2010 10:13 pm)

Karson Fett wrote:

IMy father, who is a highly educated, former US Army National Guard Major, said that if he was president the guy who posted US military secrets on the internet would be dead. He would have had him terminated the day after the man put this kind of thing on the internet. Again, my dad has 20 years of service under his belt, including 2 years of being a stationed at U.S. Army Forces Command or FORSCOM at Fort McPherson GA. He was so good there they have called him back out of retirement, but thats another subject. I think that he knows a little bit about US national security. But like me, he isn't always politically correct.

You shouldn't mess around with an countries' secrets, unless you are at war with them.

I was about to type, "thank god we don't have your "highly educated," imperialist dad running the country" but I'd be wrong--that's the capitalist bloodbath. You must be one of those "take america back" guys. Yawn.

In all seriousness, none of the latest leaks are all that surprising to anyone..

15 (edited by Karson Fett Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:50 pm)

America is about and eighth of what it was during World War II and after it.

My Dad its about to get his second Doctorate degree. What do you have? 

I am a Nationalist. Our welfare should come before other countries welfare.

If you haven't noticed it isn't just the US who is having problems with this Wiki Leaks site. Its tearing the world apart.

It also seems that Wiki Leaks has cloned their site so, this isn't solved yet

How many deaths have the Wikileaks stories caused? (The memos mostly reveal widespread Iraqi civilian deaths.) Is it valuable to know the truth about diplomatic relations? Or how easily obtainable all of that was? Is it comparable to Dick Cheney revealing CIA spy Valerie Plame for political purposes?

Food for thought. Discuss.

17 (edited by Karson Fett Thursday, December 23, 2010 1:10 pm)

With all due respect, Governments are not meant to be open, sir.
United States citizens live in a Republic, not a democracy contrary to popular belief. While we have democratic ideals mixed in the government but we are not a democracy.

I said that to say this.

As a Republic nation our government's business is the business of government officials. That's the way our government works. We elect people to make our decisions. Thats the purpose of Congress. If you want to know whats going on in Washington D.C. join a political party and run for office.

And these "leaks" are going to be the start of a war. Mark my Words.

This is not freedom of speech. This is defying law

You don't need to be a politician to know what's going on. Thank goodness we do have a free press.

As for "Wikileaks" causing a war, give me a break. It didn't take this much to start war-mongering in Iraq. Besides, the leaks are real accounts.

As for the republic comment, the United States was founded as a republic. There's a lot of navel-gazing debate about republic vs. democracy. The bottom line is that checks and balances are part of our system, thank goodness.

As for Congress, that's not always the case. A lot of elected officials vote on party lines, not what their constituents want. There's also a thing called lobbyists.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, isn't Wikileaks out of the news for now? How many "wars" did it cause this month? OK. Thought so.

I'm not surprised at all with the poster of this topic and their reaction to the topic lol

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so." - Lucas McCoy

Well at least you know me...

21 (edited by Karson Fett Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:57 am)

BFFC Admin wrote:

You don't need to be a politician to know what's going on. Thank goodness we do have a free press.

As for "Wikileaks" causing a war, give me a break. It didn't take this much to start war-mongering in Iraq. Besides, the leaks are real accounts.

As for the republic comment, the United States was founded as a republic. There's a lot of navel-gazing debate about republic vs. democracy. The bottom line is that checks and balances are part of our system, thank goodness.

As for Congress, that's not always the case. A lot of elected officials vote on party lines, not what their constituents want. There's also a thing called lobbyists.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, isn't Wikileaks out of the news for now? How many "wars" did it cause this month? OK. Thought so.

Sir, with a due respect,

The point I was trying to make was that we have people in D.C. to make decisions for us. Lobbyist don't vote do they?

Its going to cause one if we don't science this site. Just because a war didn't start this month doesn't mean one won't start next month.

These rights are being abused and you know it. Honestly, what can you and me do about something like Obama Care? Unless an election is coming up...nothing.

The memos mostly reveal widespread Iraqi civilian deaths

I have meant to comment on this also...

Civilains die in war, thats why nobody likes war.