Re: Do you go to church?

Might want to amend the title then, because it and what you say the thread is about really aren't the same

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Uh yeah. That.

Also, slavery was never right from the beginning.

Karson Fett wrote:

I would like to say that this thread is about the christian religion honestly, questions and comments about Christianity go here, anything about the Bible goes here. Thats the hole reason why I created this thread.

And my role as a moderator, sir, is to moderate threads which have devolved into flames and forum drama in order to better facilitate fan discussion between forum members. I fail to see any real value from anything in this thread other than you expressing your opinions and beliefs, but this is not your blog, nor your own personal site, this is the Boba Fett Fan Club.

I am asking Aaron to review this thread and it's possible lock/deletion, take it up with him.

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so."

Okay, I will, Sir. Have a blessed week.

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

OK. Reviewing this thread and its last 100 posts here.

1. Let's not debate slavery here. By "here," I mean anywhere on this site.

2. The topic "do you go to church?," while it's about religion (which is always a touchy subject for public discourse on a non-religious website), is fine for connecting church-going Boba Fett fans with one another. Let's please focus on that topic specifically herein.

3. As my colleague here noted, let's all focus on better facilitating fan discussion between forum members. We keep topics like this open in order to be inclusive, not exclusive. Maybe we'll all be open to ideas outside our own, OK? After all, not everyone gets the opportunity to connect or befriend people who know or believe in different things than themselves. And I think that's what makes this site a little different and more friendly than the rest.

Thanks.

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Thank you, Sir

Thou believest that there is on God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."~~~James 2:19

“Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.” ----1 Corinthians 14:34-35

Paul wrote Corinthians (both of them) as letters to the people of a church. This belief was held steadfast by the Puritans of New England in the colonial time in America. While some churches (very few) still enforce this rule, many do not.

Many people pull this out of the Bible and dont understand circumstances of such a strict policy of Church.

The people of Corinth had fallen from the straight and narrow after Paul's Departure. These letters were meant to whip (if you will) the church back into its place.

And I plan to be in Atlanta over the weekend to see my Dad who is stationed at Fort McPherson wink

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart."
Ephesians 6:5-6

Slaves were normal when the Bible was written

in that case it seems like a lot of mortal men put their words and opinions into a book supposedly dictated by god

i go to church

crocodiles cry when they eat they're prey

BFFC therealmccoy wrote:

in that case it seems like a lot of mortal men put their words and opinions into a book supposedly dictated by god

They were directed by God to write as they did. There is a lot of things in the Bible that are politically incorrect. If you wish to dig them all up please do so. At least you will be reading the word of God.

so that means god is not as great as he seems.

BFFC therealmccoy wrote:

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from your heart."
Ephesians 6:5-6

I believe that this particular verse was used to intimate that we should submit to our legal authority.
The slavery refered to was a means for people who could not pay what they owed to work off their debt. It was not slavery as we know it but more like being forced to be a servant for a time. Also these "slaves" were treated in a particular way no beating or starving or anything else that we would usually relate to slavery. The point was that people had to pay up, and that they couldnt leach off of their society. After they did seven years of service they were free to go and the debt was eradicated.

"Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting justice."
―Boba Fett

turnitaround wrote:

25 pages? That's a whole lotta' thread just to talk about irrelevance.

We keep this topic open because other people would disagree with you. So, to each their own. Whatever makes people happy.

Let's keep it positive here.

Yes, boss. I'll surely let the lemmings squabble over their fragile egos. I'll just keep it posi.

Talk about egos.....

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

Fett_II wrote:

Politically Correct doesn't mean morally right.   

turnitaround wrote:

Yes, boss. I'll surely let the lemmings squabble over their fragile egos. I'll just keep it posi.

Watch how your talking to folks buddy, that guy is your Superior he deserves your respect.

621 (edited by Fett_II Sunday, November 14, 2010 9:22 pm)

Uh, Karson, there was no "politically correct" back then.

Karson Fett wrote:
turnitaround wrote:

Watch how your talking to folks buddy, that guy is your Superior he deserves your respect.

Karson, it's OK. We try to just keep it cool around here. Moving on, moving on.

:-)

Salam alekum. (Sorry if my spelling is totally off. I only speak a little and have no idea how to write it even in english.)

"Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting justice."
―Boba Fett

Karson Fett wrote:
Fett_II wrote:

Politically Correct doesn't mean morally right.   

turnitaround wrote:

Morals? Superiors? What is this, an after school special?

Man, without Morals the world would be in a lot worse shape.

And Fett_II, while your are right that as far as my knowledge goes, there was no Politically Correct in that day and age, there is now. The Bible is hardly ever wrong in its morals. While the way of society has changed, the Bible hasn't and it never will.