Topic: RPG - Avatar:The fight for Pandora
In a far-distant future, the U.S., Japan, and Korea have joined forces and found the planet of Pandora. This world is a lush and sentient-inhabited jungle-covered satellite of Polyphemus, one of three gas giants that orbit Alpha Centauri A, 4.3 light years from Earth. After the discovery of Pandora the U.S. discovered the Na'vi, the original inhabitants of Pandora and to there trust and communicate the have made the Avatars.
1. You may create any character you want but follow the guide above. Clarify their name and species so others can follow their actions easily. I will be moderating.
2. You can kill characters you create but you can't kill other people's characters unless they say they have been killed in battle with you. However you can wound them.
3. You can have any weapon you want but you can only have what your character could physically carry - otherwise they wouldn't be able to move. Also it must be of this time. You can have newly developed weapons from your coven or pack.
4. Be consistent, eg if someone says they blew up a building, don't suddenly be assaulting it.
5. If you have sustained many wounds you will have to weaken and possibly be killed, healing factors can reduce this. If human you will need to seek medical help or you will die.
6. Follow the storyline, sure add a few twists and turns but allow others to see where you want to go so they can help you get there.
7. Have fun.
Na'vi:The Na'vi are naturally peaceful creatures that live in harmony with their surroundings, but they can become quite ferocious when it comes to combat. Culturally, they are comparable to Native Americans as well as elves from Earth's folklore. From a human's perspective, the Na'vi are seen as quite primitive when it comes to technology, but they are far more physically capable and more cunning in their jungle environment.
RDA:is the largest single non-governmental organization in human space. It's power is such that it outmatches most Earth governments in wealth, political influence, and military capability. The RDA has monopoly rights to all products shipped, derived, or developed from Pandora and any other off-Earth location. These rights were granted to the RDA in perpetuity by the Interplanetary Commerce Administration (ICA), with the stipulation that they abide by a treaty that prohibits weapons of mass destruction and limits military power in space.With millions of shareholders, the RDA is the oldest and largest of the quasi-governmental administrative entities (QGAEs), but its origins are far more modest. The entity that would become the RDA was little more than a Silicon Valley startup in the early 21st century, when its founders borrowed money from friends and family to begin the company.After only a few decades, the company had the capital and stature to propose the construction of a world-spanning rapid transit system that would allow entire population groups to conveniently commute hundreds or even thousands of miles to perform work where it was needed, without impinging on the cultural values of host populations. This led to the current global network of maglev trains that require the superconductor Unobtanium for their continued operation.The company's early expeditions to Pandora were seen as a colossal risk; the construction of the ISV Venture Star alone put an enormous strain on capital resources. But with exclusive mining rights to Unobtanium (which is valued at $20 million per kilo), and potential profits from countervirals, biofuels, and cosmetics, the enormous capital investment has paid off.
Avatar:human mind transferred into a genetically engineered body of a Human/Na'vi hybrid. Humans use this method because they cannot live on Pandora without breathing gear, because the atmosphere is toxic, containing lethal levels of ammonia, methane and chlorine. The Consortium is trying to bridge the cultural gap with the aboriginal population, which has been difficult to communicate and negotiate with.
Weapons:M60 Machine Gun
Ryder made his way up to the stage in front of all the selected marines of the AVATAR system, "Welcome fellow avatars" he began "Now your probably saying what the hell is this blue thing doing up here, well right now im an AVATAR a human mind transferred into a genetically engineered body of a Human/Na'vi hybrid and you better get use to it cause in a couple of minuets you'll look just like me, my name is Ryder and I will be the one leading all of you new AVATARS." Ryder made his way off the stage and went into his cabin.