Topic: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

i want to start this topic to discuss likes and dislikes of the movie.

saw it last night, it was pretty awesome, better than the first, but there were many things wrong with it.....many.

SPOILER WARNING
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


alright, im a white guy, but i was still surprised and mildly offended by the 2 incredibly stereotyped and racist robots. does anybody feel the same way or was it just me who thought that went too far?

(devastator was killed too quickly)

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

I want to know how you get to see so many movies so quickly. I have such a hard time of it!

I'll let you know what i think if i get to go. I doubt i'll get to, since i doubt there'll be anyone to go to this movie either.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

I really want to see this; I'm one of those few girls into robots and explosions. However, theres the problem of the fact that "Ice Age: Drawn of the Dinosaurs" comes out next week and I really want to see that too! ><

But on the topic of Transformers, did you know they filmed a couple scenes here in my city? If theres anything to do with an airport or possibly a field of airplanes, they were filmed here.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

Can't wait to see it.



CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

If theres anything to do with an airport or possibly a field of airplanes, they were filmed here.

That's really too cool!

[url=http://www.lithdesigns.com]LD[/url] / [email=billielith@hotmail.com]E-[/email]

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

Regimas wrote:

i want to start this topic to discuss likes and dislikes of the movie.

saw it last night, it was pretty awesome, better than the first, but there were many things wrong with it.....many.

SPOILER WARNING
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


alright, im a white guy, but i was still surprised and mildly offended by the 2 incredibly stereotyped and racist robots. does anybody feel the same way or was it just me who thought that went too far?

(devastator was killed too quickly)

i thought it was pretty good- a noisy action ,ovie w/ little to no acting or likeable characters to keep it together.  but yeah the stereotyped twins were pretty bad, not surprising. i liked the SR-71. but overall it has not been the best movie of the summer. star trek still holds that title IMO.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

BFFC Cujo wrote:

i thought it was pretty good- a noisy action ,ovie w/ little to no acting or likeable characters to keep it together.  but yeah the stereotyped twins were pretty bad, not surprising. i liked the SR-71. but overall it has not been the best movie of the summer. star trek still holds that title IMO.

I have to say that I feel the same exact way. Also, the thing that really bugged me more so than the twins was the gratuitous destruction of Ancient Egyptian structures and artifacts. It could just be me, being the way I am (the whole archaeologist thing), but they seriously leveled Egypt in this movie. And im almost positive that archaeologists would know if there was a massive doomsday machine inside one of the pyramids, yeah thats not escaping notice.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

Another thing that I noticed was when they were calling for backup in Egypt they called Jordan.  Umm from a military perspective that makes no sense whatsoever.  There is a little country called Israel that has infinitely more military power than Jordan.  Just a small thing I noticed. 

And of course they played up the Megan Fox aspect once again, but what can you expect.  Some of it was a bit excessive.  Other than what everyone else has said I thought it was good.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

***SPOILER ALERT***

I am a Transformers fan (G1 cartoons) ANd just seeing the robots annoys me. They totally screwed up Devastator (not that they didn't screw up everybody), and that really annoyed me. The title definately didn't fit the story line, because in the end, the fallen didn't have much revenge did he?

it was the same as the first one to me - all the decepticons die brutal deaths as the autobots go either unharmed, or come back to life tongue

It was worse than the first one, in my opinion. I could go on for hours about all the things that annoyed me, but I don't think anybody wants to listen to that.

Carry on my wayward son!

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

If anyone ever watched Transformers: Armada, I hope you remember the character Jetfire. He was an Autobot. Yet I am seeing (I haven't seen the film yet) that he is a decepticon in this film.

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

Sev Fett wrote:

Another thing that I noticed was when they were calling for backup in Egypt they called Jordan.  Umm from a military perspective that makes no sense whatsoever.  There is a little country called Israel that has infinitely more military power than Jordan.  Just a small thing I noticed. 

And of course they played up the Megan Fox aspect once again, but what can you expect.  Some of it was a bit excessive.  Other than what everyone else has said I thought it was good.

First off, I loved this movie. Prime taking out those three decepticons solo was awesome. And did anyone at all notice the new vette? Holy crap! Awesome! He was the new autobot whose only line was "damn I'm good" after cutting a decepticon in half. Sweet. I agree about Israel. It's just mike bay is too liberal for that. And about megan fox? R U SRS? She and OP are the only two reasons I saw and will see this movie again! You can't complain about seeing the hottest woman alive on the big screen.

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

I've yet to see this, but I've heard rumors about those Twins. I was annoyed about Jazz being a stereotype, and now they seemed to kick it up a notch.

Also, I heard things about a pair of "wrecking balls" being shown. What's up with that? If that was someone's idea of a joke, it was about as funny as the lubricating scene in the first movie.

Anyway, I guess I have to see it before I REALLY start talking about it.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

i loved ravage and soundwave

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

Heres something everyone who is commenting on this topic should see:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/smg-tra … tions.html

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

Wow, Micheal bay seems to have gone out of his way in order to mess up Transformers.

Carry on my wayward son!

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

I personally loved it. It had awesome action, CGI, and plot. I was personlly un-offended by th twins and thought they were quite funny.

i thought it was better than the first. And I have a new found respect for Optimus for it. I will admit that I kind of...cried when they killed him...yes I am weird but the friends I saw it with reacted the same way so I can't take all the blame

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
                              -Optimus Prime

Re: Transformers-revenge of the fallen

Really good, but I liked the 1st one better. I was expecting more from Mr Megatron, and I didn't think Optimus was particularly brilliant in this one. I thought he required a lot for his little contribution.

Still loved the movie though, enough to want to own the DVD.

[url=http://www.lithdesigns.com]LD[/url] / [email=billielith@hotmail.com]E-[/email]