Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

cool pics. i won't get this game unless they release it on PC. i'll gladly go to my friend's house and play it there, but unless it goes on PC, no buy from me.

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Fett_II wrote:

cool pics. i won't get this game unless they release it on PC. I'll gladly go to my friend's house and play it there, but unless it goes on PC, no buy from me.

I too wish they had released it on the PC. I would have been able to play it without too much troubles (the save problem with the Wii has really put me off sad )

Having said that I cannot play it on the Wii at the moment anyway, as my darling daughter decided to ram a disc into our Wii. And while we have managed to get the extra disc out The force unleashed can not be unleashed from me Wii (sorry I could not resist that one wink ) I will have to take the Wii apart tomorrow to see if I can get it out. Hopefully it has not been damaged.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Thats not good. I hope its  fine.

Beat it today, light side. The ending was good, and the darkside ending (via youtube) wasn't half bad either.

The Jedi Adventurer robe and Jedi Ceremonial Robes are both awesome, and while I have the black saber, I lost my Sith Robes, and want to use it with them. So yeah.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

The thing I liked about the Xbox version were some of the achievements you could get.  I've become addicted to trying to get a bunch of the achievements in the Xbox 360 games now.  I finally almost got them all in Halo, and they all of a sudden decide to add a bunch more you can get.  I almost screamed.  I also love trying to find all the "Kilroy was Here" graffitti in the Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway game.  Some of those are hard to find.  Anyway, off on a tangent.

Anyway, at the opening of the game, when you're playing as Vader, you can get the aptly named (if anyone's ever watched Chad Vader: Dayshift Manager) "Worst Dayshift manager ever" achievement if you take out enough stormtroopers. 

Have you guys seen any of the easter eggs in the game?  When you're in the first level, in the Tie Fighter manufacturing plant, when you first go out into the open walkway where they have the TIE's flying around and shooting at you, go to the end of the first walkway on the right, jump up on all those boxes at the end of the walkway, and there is a Scorch helmet hidden on top of the area up there.

They also have an X-wing on Raxus Prime you can lift out of the muck, a nod to the Dagobah scene in Empire (it just sinks again after you let go----do or do not...there is no try), as well as some C-3PO pieces on the ground when you first land on the planet, in pieces like he was in Empire.  When you escape from the Imperical, they announce that "subject 1138" has escaped.  On Imperial Kashyyk, check out the hut with all the trophies.  It has Jar Jar in carbonite (justice is served), and some other famous Star Wars creatures heads mounted on the wall, like Salacious Crumb, those mosnters from the Ewok Adventure, a Krayt Dragon, a Dionoga, and some others.  On Imperial Raxus Prime, you can also see a Millenium Falcon style freighter in the wreckage, as well as some of the prequel style star destroyers.  Very nice touch. 



So, which level do you like the least?  I know trying to kill off that 2nd Jedi was hard as crap for me.  What sicko designs these things?  First you almost kill him, then comes the trash monster droid, you have to almost kill him again, then another monster droid, then you finally can kill him for real.  I almost put my controller through the TV on that one.  Shaak Ti was surprisingly pretty easy.  Haven't gotten to the Star Destroyer yet, but they said the thing to do is hide behind the pylons so you don't get hit from TIE Fighter fire, then catch one when it gets close enough, then hurl it into another TIE fighter until they're gone, so you can force grip the star destroyer.  Rinse, repeat, until it comes crashing down.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Sadriel_Fett wrote:

The thing I liked about the Xbox version were some of the achievements you could get.  I've become addicted to trying to get a bunch of the achievements in the Xbox 360 games now.  I finally almost got them all in Halo, and they all of a sudden decide to add a bunch more you can get.  I almost screamed.  I also love trying to find all the "Kilroy was Here" graffitti in the Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway game.  Some of those are hard to find.  Anyway, off on a tangent.

Anyway, at the opening of the game, when you're playing as Vader, you can get the aptly named (if anyone's ever watched Chad Vader: Dayshift Manager) "Worst Dayshift manager ever" achievement if you take out enough stormtroopers. 

Have you guys seen any of the easter eggs in the game?  When you're in the first level, in the Tie Fighter manufacturing plant, when you first go out into the open walkway where they have the TIE's flying around and shooting at you, go to the end of the first walkway on the right, jump up on all those boxes at the end of the walkway, and there is a Scorch helmet hidden on top of the area up there.

They also have an X-wing on Raxus Prime you can lift out of the muck, a nod to the Dagobah scene in Empire (it just sinks again after you let go----do or do not...there is no try), as well as some C-3PO pieces on the ground when you first land on the planet, in pieces like he was in Empire.  When you escape from the Imperical, they announce that "subject 1138" has escaped.  On Imperial Kashyyk, check out the hut with all the trophies.  It has Jar Jar in carbonite (justice is served), and some other famous Star Wars creatures heads mounted on the wall, like Salacious Crumb, those mosnters from the Ewok Adventure, a Krayt Dragon, a Dionoga, and some others.  On Imperial Raxus Prime, you can also see a Millenium Falcon style freighter in the wreckage, as well as some of the prequel style star destroyers.  Very nice touch. 



So, which level do you like the least?  I know trying to kill off that 2nd Jedi was hard as crap for me.  What sicko designs these things?  First you almost kill him, then comes the trash monster droid, you have to almost kill him again, then another monster droid, then you finally can kill him for real.  I almost put my controller through the TV on that one.  Shaak Ti was surprisingly pretty easy.  Haven't gotten to the Star Destroyer yet, but they said the thing to do is hide behind the pylons so you don't get hit from TIE Fighter fire, then catch one when it gets close enough, then hurl it into another TIE fighter until they're gone, so you can force grip the star destroyer.  Rinse, repeat, until it comes crashing down.

I saw the trophys and thought they were great! Jar Jar especially.

Im STILL stuck on the SD. I think they should have made part a bit different. Like less TIEs, or easier to get the ship into position, or have it stay where to put it. Thats really whats got me kriffing mad and made me want to stick my fist through the 360.

This is my open call for tips! ( or cheats even... i just want past it at this point....)

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I beat the game last Tuesday, and then I spent a while sniffling and feeling depressed.

I have the Wii version, and I love it! My favorite power is anything to do with lightening. big_smile heheh... burn, buuurrrnnnnn!!!!!! fire fire fire burn burn burn heheh....

I'm reading the book now and it's very good!!

I had a question about a level, but I'm not sure what our spoiler setting is right now in this thread? Anyway, just in case: SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Why were there Mandalorians in the Cloud City level? Especially seeing as how in that point in time there were no Mandalorians...

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

What Mandalorians? I don't believe they were in the 360 version. But they were around then. They were just weak. The Mandalorians never really died.

Si, when the TIEs come, go off to the sides, and grab them as they go by, and try to throw them into each other. That's what I did. And you don't even have to get the SD to Raxus's surface, just grip it a bunch, following the arrow directions, and eventually it comes down. Pretty randomly too. Like it was floating up there, I grabbed it, and was wrestling it, but it was still straight in the air. It was weird.


I didn't like Raxus, Act 1. Kazdan Paratus was one of the harder bosses in the game. Umm...some of the Imperial levels weren't as fun.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

133 (edited by True Warrior Sunday, September 28, 2008 8:04 am)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

GOD this game is the BEST! I cant believe the detail in the game! The gameplay is extreemly fun as well! big_smile I beat it yesterday on my friends Xbox.........and I chose the CANON side.......which is the light side. This is probably one of the best Star Wars games ever made.

What me and my friends find interesting, is that if you choose the dark side........you become Sidious' servant until a new apprentice comes along. Of course this isnt canon, but it brings room for a whole new Non-canon Force Unleashed game. It would probably start off after your in the suit you aquire after killing Vader, and you start missions for the Emporer. That would be cool.

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

A Mandalorian was the boss for that level, and you have to take down several other ones throughout the level. I don't know why they wouldn't be in the 360 version, who's the boss in that version? In the Wii one he's riding a Basilisk (or whatever, the flying droid things) and everything.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Miba wrote:

A Mandalorian was the boss for that level, and you have to take down several other ones throughout the level. I don't know why they wouldn't be in the 360 version, who's the boss in that version? In the Wii one he's riding a Basilisk (or whatever, the flying droid things) and everything.

I havent read the book yet, but I have played that level on the 360, are we sure they are Mandos? I thought that they were more of like sith acolytes, like in KotOR. Or they could be special Imperial Guards as their helms have slit like helmets too.


I've taken a break from it to calm down. I was getting crazy obessed with it, wasnt passing the SD level yet so ...... I'll be trying again as I HAVE to beat this game.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Nope, just some of Palpatine's Senate Guards and a Shadow Guard. Nobody much.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

one thing we should have all learned by now is theres never "no mandalorians"

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so." - Lucas McCoy

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

The Basilisk thing is the Uggernaught and driven by ugnaughts.  I'm pretty sure that's what you mean...

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Nope, Wii version has totally different gameplay locations. The Mando she's referring to 's name is Chop'aa Notimo. He also did make use of a Basilisk War Droid, sucks he wasn't in PS3 or 360 versions. sad

"This IS my signature."

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Lord Revan wrote:

Nope, Wii version has totally different gameplay locations. The Mando she's referring to 's name is Chop'aa Notimo. He also did make use of a Basilisk War Droid, sucks he wasn't in PS3 or 360 versions. sad

Yes, it certainly does.  That's the level I'm on now, and I was looking forward to seeing what they look like.  Anyone have a screen shot of these guys?  I'm surprised they don't have one on here yet.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chop%27aa_Notimo

Later.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

so its only on the ps2 version?

"Those with the ability to lead, have the responsibility to do so." - Lucas McCoy

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

And Wii, at least. Not sure what else.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

143 (edited by Commander Appo Monday, September 29, 2008 3:31 am)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Notimo is on the PSP version too.

(This is my 900th post. Just 100 more until my 7th star)

And Si, the easiest way to bring down the TIE fighters is to double jump and then use force lightning when the targeting icon appears.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Good, so I wasn't imagining that they looked like Mandalorians and had the word "Mandalorian" as their enemy target title.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Nope. That'd be hard to imagine. big_smile

Commander Appo wrote:

And Si, the easiest way to bring down the TIE fighters is to double jump and then use force lightning when the targeting icon appears.

On the Destroyer part, I actually found it easy to run to the right, grab them and throw them into each other. But I hadn't tried lightening.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Same here...cept i ran to the left.

I still havent killed a TIE fighter with lightning yet...

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I never tried throwing them into each other.

The cutscene after you bring the SD down is awesome though.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

I like throwing, because its at least one, sometimes two, with one grab. And I tried lightening on one in the Tie Factory, and it just sparked. I dropped it, and two hundred yards down it was still alive.

I might play through as dark, on Sith Lord, but I'm not sure.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

The lightning sometimes chains between the fighters when they attack you, so you might get 3 if your very lucky. Most of the time I got 1.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Well then I knew I wasn't crazy for wanting the Wii edition.....

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."