Topic: September 11, 2001 Anniversery

Seven years ago today, terrorists flew four planes into the World Trade Center, Pentagon, and a field in Shankeville, PA. I remember exactly what I did that day, and what I even had for lunch and where I ate it that day. I just wanted to say to the Americans on this board Never Forget and curious to know if anyone remembers where they were when it happened.

http://z.about.com/d/manhattan/1/0/4/E/wtc_lights_DOD_Dana_Gould_1.jpg

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
                              -Optimus Prime

Re: September 11, 2001 Anniversery

Ya know, I get the chills whenI watch Friends and I see a shot of the Twin Towers.....I remeber my mon telling me what happend when we got in the car to go home. Of corse I didn't understand it I was only 6....I read in the Daily Home (local newspaper) about it.....sad...just....sad.
   When ever I see pictures of New York with the World Trade center, I get cillls......I remeber watching the fotage when I 6........but good things came out of it...We found out who wanted to get us was got them.......Remeber, all those who are called acording to God purpose,good things will come for bad.....Good thhings came from it....now  matter how hard it is to see through the fog......

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

I will never forget that day. That was when I swore I would join the military.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

thanks for making this thread MandoGirl415,
Its always important to reflect and remember those who where lost.  I was in a Med library at the hospital where i worked and did not even know the U.S. had been attacked until i saw all my co-workers were huddled around the tv.
A very surreal day, my brother was there but got out in time, he still is very distant when you ask him about it. His recollection of the day is quite gruesome.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Most people who have been through war or somthing like that are...

Great thread MadoGirl.  I really felt bad when I realized what day it was.....had completely spaced on it in the days up to now.

I was in Cape Cod at the time...we were supposed to fly home the very next day.  When I woke up i heard something about a plane hitting the World Trade Center, and the first thing to pop into my mind was some tiny, single engine plane had probably bumped into one of the buildings, and the newsies were exagerating as usual.  But when I turned on the TV.....all the smoke.....and then just a minute after I turned it on the second plane hit...................just turned my world upside down

Was the day I really began to seriously consider joining the military myself...

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Good thread MandoGirl and a very moving picture. Such a terrible thing to happen.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Personally I can remember feeling shell shocked, it was a work day for me. Don't remember much more than that because it felt so surreal.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

BFFC-Mel wrote:

Personally I can remember feeling shell shocked, it was a work day for me. Don't remember much more than that because it felt so surreal.

It was like that for me as well. I will never forget that day.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

I can't belive it happened...Even after 7 years, my thoughts around it...it just couldn't be real.

―Boba Fett

I remember spending the entire day thinking of ways to kill Osama. I would still love to.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

BFFC-Draco wrote:

I remember spending the entire day thinking of ways to kill Osama. I would still love to.

that would be an awesome thread.......

If you get the chance to try out some of your ideas on him, can I come?    big_smile

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Ralin Drakus wrote:
BFFC-Draco wrote:

that would be an awesome thread.......

If you get the chance to try out some of your ideas on him, can I come?    big_smile

Invite me, too. I would absolutely enjoy torturing that evil bastard to death......

I remember exactly what happened that day. I was in kindergarten and my mom had come downstairs crying, telling me to turn on the news. My dad had worked a block away from the WTC, so she was worried that he had died. I turned on the news and I saw the Towers fall. It was the most horrible thing I have ever seen.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

I would rather cause him a slow, painful death. Taking away piece by piece of him, until he realizes that he deserves it...

―Boba Fett

15 (edited by Commander Appo Thursday, September 11, 2008 5:28 pm)

Commander Appo wrote:

I would absolutely enjoy torturing that evil bastard to death.......

I said that I wanted to give him a slow, painful death.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

And I meant piece by piece. Starting at the toes, and work the way up

―Boba Fett

17 (edited by MandoGirl0415 Thursday, September 11, 2008 7:26 pm)

Cujo wrote:

thanks for making this thread MandoGirl415,
Its always important to reflect and remember those who where lost.  I was in a Med library at the hospital where i worked and did not even know the U.S. had been attacked until i saw all my co-workers were huddled around the tv.
A very surreal day, my brother was there but got out in time, he still is very distant when you ask him about it. His recollection of the day is quite gruesome.

I was sorta nervous about making this thread. I wasn't sure if it would be allowed. However, I am glad I did now.
I am very happy that your brother was able to get out, and please tell him that every September 11th I'll be thinking of him.
My Aunt worked 5 blocks from the Trade Center she saw everything. We were so scared for her. My dad would have been under the Trade Center in the train station when the plane hit, but he took off for my brother's first day of school. God knows what would have happened had he decided to go into work. One of my best friend's mother went into work late to take my friend to school, so she was never able to make it into the city...she worked in the second tower on the floors the plane impacted. She lost all of her friends that she worked with. By the will of God she is alive today.

Ralin Drakus wrote:

Great thread MadoGirl.  I really felt bad when I realized what day it was.....had completely spaced on it in the days up to now.

I was in Cape Cod at the time...we were supposed to fly home the very next day.  When I woke up i heard something about a plane hitting the World Trade Center, and the first thing to pop into my mind was some tiny, single engine plane had probably bumped into one of the buildings, and the newsies were exaggerating as usual.  But when I turned on the TV.....all the smoke.....and then just a minute after I turned it on the second plane hit...................just turned my world upside down

Was the day I really began to seriously consider joining the military myself...

Everyone pictured a small single engined plane when they first heard the news. We thought it was an accident at first, but it was obvious once the second plane hit.

BFFC-Draco wrote:

I think we all would love a crack at him. I couldn't agree with you more Draco.

Commander Appo wrote:

I remember exactly what happened that day. I was in kindergarten and my mom had come downstairs crying, telling me to turn on the news. My dad had worked a block away from the WTC, so she was worried that he had died. I turned on the news and I saw the Towers fall. It was the most horrible thing I have ever seen.

I am very sorry you had to experience this event at such a young age. I am very happy that your father made it out safely though. I will think of him every September 11th, it must still bother him at times. Especially when the anniversary comes around.

-Optimus Prime

I was 5 when it happened so i don't remember but i have seen footage and heard of it.

Very sad. They should build a monument for the people who died(the inocent ones, not the terrorist)

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

I remember watching what happened and thinking that so many people died for something that they didn't understand or had no part of. But then I come here and see people, especially BFFC Draco, spewing out verbal crap, trying to be a tough guy and am lost! I know that I will most likely be banned from this site and that upsets me as I love starwars and Boba Fett. But what makes u different from them when u say stupid things like that! What happened was the most shocking thing I have witnessed in my 27 years of life. But what you say is wrong, these people don't have the lives that you lead. They believe that your religion is wrong the same way you think that they are wrong. What difference is there that they killed Americans on home soil when you send a troops over there to kill insurgents on their soil. No one is right, each side loses! I cried when I saw what happened in New York but people are still dying! No-one wins!

" Hi!"

peter wrote:

But then I come here and see people, especially BFFC Draco, spewing out verbal crap, trying to be a tough guy and am lost! I know that I will most likely be banned from this site and that upsets me as I love starwars and Boba Fett.

no doubt such a subject as this will bring the truth out of people and revenge is a kneejerk response.  No one gets banned for voicing an opinion, and yours is shared by many.  Unfortunately, this war- the conflict over oil, all this is som10 few will agree upon.
It does make me sad that few really remember the day only seven years later- it might be the defining event of our time.  it has definitely profoundly affected the face of the world today.

[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

peter wrote:

I remember watching what happened and thinking that so many people died for something that they didn't understand or had no part of. But then I come here and see people, especially BFFC Draco, spewing out verbal crap, trying to be a tough guy and am lost! I know that I will most likely be banned from this site and that upsets me as I love starwars and Boba Fett. But what makes u different from them when u say stupid things like that! What happened was the most shocking thing I have witnessed in my 27 years of life. But what you say is wrong, these people don't have the lives that you lead. They believe that your religion is wrong the same way you think that they are wrong. What difference is there that they killed Americans on home soil when you send a troops over there to kill insurgents on their soil. No one is right, each side loses! I cried when I saw what happened in New York but people are still dying! No-one wins!

As much as I'd love to challenge you on nearly everything you said, I'm going to overlook this post.  This is a thread to remember the day that should live forever in our minds, and Honor the innocents who died.

If you can't see any difference between Osama Bin Laden and his murderers people like Draco, Appo, Hunter, and myself, well then I'm sorry for you and all the hundreds of thousands of Americans that I know see world and this country in the same light you do.  If you can't just pay your respects and share your thoughts on that day that is on topic with this thread, then I suggest you create your own.  You can bet I'll be one of the first to post there...

22 (edited by MandoGirl0415 Friday, September 12, 2008 8:03 pm)

peter wrote:

But what you say is wrong, these people don't have the lives that you lead. They believe that your religion is wrong the same way you think that they are wrong. What difference is there that they killed Americans on home soil when you send a troops over there to kill insurgents on their soil.

Ok...I really need to comment on this because this post bothered me a lot. God forgive me, but the religion they follow IS sick and twisted. What kind of God requires that you kill THOUSANDS of INNOCENT people to get into heaven? The leaders of this group used (and still do) their religion to brainwash people into willingly dying to kill thousands.

And Osama Bin Laden DESERVES to die after what he did to us. I can name at least 5 FAMILIES that I know personally who LOST someone. I know PERSONALLY at least 15 people who were there 1-10 blocks away from the WTC on that day. You're going to tell me that a mass murder like Bin Laden doesn't deserve to die? Especially since he is PROUD as HELL for what he did.

And you want to know the difference between killing these people on American soil and killing soldiers on a battle field? Its the fact that those people that died that day. Their jobs wweren't to die for their countries. Their jobs weren't to defend their country, their families, and their freedom. Those people that died that day were innocent, everyday people. Whereas killing soldiers on a battle field in a war (as absoluely horrible as it is) is different. Those people have decided to become soldiers and to die for what they believe in. On 9/11 those were the innocents. I know too many people who lost someone that day and I almost lost too many people to ever agree with this post.

This thread was meant to share your memories of that day, your feelings about the day, and, most importantly, to remember all those who have died. RD is right, if you want to start a thread on this topic then go ahead.

-Optimus Prime

Ralin Drakus wrote:
peter wrote:

As much as I'd love to challenge you on nearly everything you said,

Then I will.
Their religion is twisted. Their 'bible' says to KILL or convert some one to Islam, if they are not one, plus it says that there is Only ONE religion, and it is Islam.
   The normal person doesn't know enough about the gosh darn war to be a critic of it, and neather do I, or the Polititions, or the Press. They only people who have that righ are the people who have actally been in combat, or at war and Only an Amreican soldier who actually has insight on the Opperation can be critical! You and I are just Civilains watch from the Presses Twisted Point of View.
        The stupidty of the Press in Iraq has totally ruined they way that we fight a war. We can't kill Osama because it isn't Politicly correct. There are too many people in this country that are soft. Now instead of leting a sniper kill an enemy where he stands, they have to radio in and ask can I kilol this guy....Stupid...This country has gotten to soft. To win, some times you have to blow  someone up. But thats not Politicly correct....Why the heck did Poltics get into warfare?...what goes on over in Iraq in the soldiers' business, not the Presses' not, the Polititions' and certainly not the average persons'.
  And no, they lose, just like Japan! They messed with us, and they got the crap beat out of them. But like I said America has gotten too soft sence 1945. You Peter said something stupid not Draco......Now back to topic.

lets throw a blanket on this fire.
this thread is not a soapbox for us to sort out anyone else religion or politics, much smarter have tried and failed.
this thread is a memorial for your own memories on the day, and to remember those that fell.
and be nice.
smile

Yes, lets....sorry about that outburst, I just get fired up when some one try to critize the war....