Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

BFFC-Draco wrote:
peter wrote:

How can you argue with science! All these people say that science is wrong yet take their meds when they are sick and give money to charities so the same people who say they are wrong can try and find a cure for cancer! These same people think that there is an invisible person that created all of life and these people listen and give money to other people that say they talk to someone that they can't prove exists! And people say I am crazy! If God is real he forgot about us a long time ago! Yet science can tell me when and how an animal died ten thousand years ago..................... which one sounds like a safer bet?

Because if God did everything for us life and faith would be pointless. We have to do things for ourselves.

Very well put, Draco.

Appo wrote:

And when has God been helpful ever since the beginning of the Earth, even if he did create it?

Ask a Devout Orthodox Jewish Scholar that, and he'd give you plenty of times.

But like Draco said. God isn't going to force us to do things. That would defeat the purpose of us CHOOSING to worship him, and he doesn't want automatons following him. He wants us to chose his love.

So all those things, done "in the name of Christ" weren't his will, they were the actions of misguided, sinful, power hungry, confused, and depraved humans, who used God's name as a way of "validating" their actions.

A lot of people will wave the Crusades and the atrocities there in the collective face of Christianity. By the same token, you could do the same with the current Jihad radical Muslims are waging. But what they preach is NOT was the Koran actually teaches, its a twisted and distorted view. Likewise, acts like the Crusades were not done based on Biblical teachings, but because the Church, run by men (Popes and Cardinals), needed a way to keep the Christendom they had created from falling into chaos.

I hope I'm not overly confusing.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

I am a Christian and believe in intelligent design.
I'm with Miba here.  Debating this kind of stuff on a Boba Fett forum is completely out of place and will get nowhere.  It always goes back to useless debating between a few people who argue their own opinions back and forth and never make headway for or against.  I'm going to keep my mouth shut because I've said things other places without a whole lot of prior knowledge and it only succeeded in making people angry.  Since I hate being, wrong I have since read up more.  But how much knowledge can a 16-year-old retain?  tongue

So I'm just going to stay quiet for this one and encourage others to just say what your view of the topic is and maybe a little stuff but try to not argue because it will get you nowhere.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

SOS is atheist and he keeps insulting chiristianity. very annoying.

I either think evolution is false or agrre with Draco.

What is this about devil being 666?

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

In Revelation it states that there will be beasts that come from the Earth.  It states that the second one will 'have a number' which is 666.  So Bible scholars have been trying to find out what exactly this means.

But for now 666 is affiliated with evil and the anti-christ as no one knows exactly what it means.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

It's just a number. Nothing special. Just like 13, it's supposed to be unlucky but it's not, it's just a number like all of the others.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

31 (edited by Sev Fett Thursday, September 4, 2008 2:42 pm)

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Commander Appo wrote:

It's just a number. Nothing special. Just like 13, it's supposed to be unlucky but it's not, it's just a number like all of the others.

Which of course is a matter of perspective.  Just like my view.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

32 (edited by Valthonin Thursday, September 4, 2008 4:47 pm)

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Sev Fett wrote:
Commander Appo wrote:

It's just a number. Nothing special. Just like 13, it's supposed to be unlucky but it's not, it's just a number like all of the others.

Which of course is a matter of perspective.  Just like my view.

I must agree with Appo. The '666' is only a number. It is a symbol of evil. Symbols are only as powerful or as meaningful as people can make it. If we all didn't care about the number, or realized that it is just a number, its significance would end.

Personally, back to the actual topic, I'm not sure what to believe right now. Sometimes I think that evolution and science is so much more real and believable. The facts are there, they tell you what is real. And most of the time, the facts are against God. "Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth. If it's truth you're looking for, Dr. Tyree's philosophy class is right down the hall." Indy once said, and it is true. Fact is different from Truth. Truth involves searching your own feelings and beliefs, but it is not fact. Thats why at times I think that actually searching for truth within yourself, and believing in a God when the odds are against him is the actual test you need to pass. Thats what essentially gets you into heaven.

I don't really know. But for now, I hope no one sells the other side short. People shouldnt believe in something just because their parents did. Decide for yourself. Just as well, people believing in science shouldnt sell short a faith that has made billions of people happy around the world. They shouldnt sell short something as powerful as the love that God spreads. Now if you have a problem with the church, thats different. God is pure and loving in concept, when human beings (who suck btw) screw up his image, take it out on them, not God.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Valthonin wrote:

Now if you have a problem with the church, that's different. God is pure and loving in concept, when human beings (who suck btw) screw up his image, take it out on them, not God.

Amen to that tongue I had religion shoved down my throat as a kid and pushed it away. I don't feel comfortable in churches mainly because I hate having someone else push their ideals on me. I think religion is a very personal thing and it's something you seek out if you want it. You can't have it thrust upon you. Since being away from church and bible bashers I've been much happier in finding God on my own terms.

Besides what's so bad about evolution? As I said before, people of the time when the bible was written couldn't have comprehended evolution. So that doesn't make what's written in the bible a lie, it's just written in terms for the people of the time to understand. If the bible was re-written now, I think it would be very different because we understand so much more about our world.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Val and Sev have done a better job writing what I tried to. I'm sorry about the church problem for you Mel. I get to choose, and my church tries to help you understand the Word of God; not force it upon you.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Thanks MH, the only time I enjoyed scripture was when I was in kindergarten and we had a lady sing with a guitar and have figurines on the board to describe the story, after that it went south in a big way tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

I disagree with the church and their views, they have been corrupted in the past, whats to say they are 100% pure now? I just disagree with the bible mainly, I believe in god, but i don't think everything happened like it was presented in the bible.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

37 (edited by MandoGirl0415 Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:35 pm)

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

I agree with Draco. I believe that God INDUCED evolution. In the creation of the universe, the Bible says that God created it in 7 days...who knows how long 7 days is to God? For all we know it could have been BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of years that the Bible is refering to.

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing."
                              -Optimus Prime

38 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:08 pm)

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

YES. my views shared by others. with a few minor differences

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Hmm all this speak of the literal/ non-literal meaning of day sounds familiar.  Almost as if we had this discussion before...

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Doesn't it? But while don't know how long those initial 7 "days" were, or if God induced evolution, I still believe in him. The odds of evolution just happening are so ridiculously small that its not even funny.

And a lot of Churches in America ARE misguided and/or corrupt. I won't argue with that. People don't look to the Bible, they look to man, and man's teachings are fallible.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yff3jH8NECs]"Touch my Awesome Button."[/url]
--Captain Dynamic--

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Well the bible was written by men, so therefore it can be corrupted and wrong, I seriously dont like to think about the possibility of us just being random chance. I like to think that there is a god who made us, but I also believe that evolution is correct as well because theres so much evidence for it.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Did you know that human evolution is a races concept. It states the white folk evoled for black folks. So they are saying whites are more evoled than blacks.

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Where does it say that? It's not true. Humans evolved into different races to cope with their environment. In Africa it's hot, so Africans have more melanin (spl?) in their skin. And what is "it"?

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Nothing, you should be able to see that it is a pronoun. Hence, the noun in the other sentence might give you your answer.

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Human Evolution does not state that white people are more evolved then black people. Humans evolved to cope with their surroundings.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Okay what ever.

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Evolution is beyond humans, it's based on the start from single cell organisms from the ocean that made it to land. Sounds like someone twisted Darwin's theories to suit their own purpose and that's where you've heard about it, Karson.

There are a lot of people who are against the evolution theory who don't know what it's about so they bagged it out and say what they think it is.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Okay, okay1 Just forget I said anything.

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Karson has a point, technically black people were the first poeple to roam the earth.
Now i am not saying this for all black people, but black people have more health problems than white poeple, look at actor bernie mac, he was only 50 and he had asthma so bad he died from it.
Most white people dont die from asthma.

Another point, look how horrible africa is, are there any white people in control over there?
Also, look at what diseases come from africa where it is 98% inhabited by black people
AIDS HIV More i can think of right now

Me and karson arent racist, we just know that if evoultion really happened, then this must have some kind of truth.

Re: Do you believe in God or evolution?

Actually if you read the Bible, first humans were in The Garedn of Eden, which is now Iraq. If you believe in the Word Of God, then the first humans were actually Arabs...who have now have ideas of Holiness into their own twisted ideas. Just like Hitler and those of the Crusades.

"I swear by the soul I don't have, I am going to kill you."
―Boba Fett