Topic: Dr. Who

There have been so many Dr. Who topics, I wanted to make an all-around topic. So, discuss anything Dr. who related here.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Dr. Who

It's Class for starters!

And there have been so many cool monsters and aliens in it.

1. The Daleks
2. The Cybermen
3. Judoon
4. Nashta Verada
5. The Nodes ( AHHHH! )
6. The Weeping Angels ( AHHHHH!!! )

and many more! neutral

I Love it! 10/10! big_smile

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Re: Dr. Who

meh, not a fan of it. british tv is weird.

Re: Dr. Who

Actually, my Step-dad has been to America, and he said that is not that excellent.

Everyone loves British TV because it's understanding and funny/cool.

It is not weird. smile

Some people say it is the best. America may have things like Monster Truck shows and aimne and cool cartoons but British TV is much better as a matter of fact.

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Re: Dr. Who

actually, British TV is by far some of the craziest crap to ever exist (you weirdos and not censoring anything). Good ol' American television is proven to generally brighten your day.

Re: Dr. Who

Masterchief wrote:

Actually, my Step-dad has been to America, and he said that is not that excellent.

Everyone loves British TV because it's understanding and funny/cool.

It is not weird. smile

Some people say it is the best. America may have things like Monster Truck shows and aimne and cool cartoons but British TV is much better as a matter of fact.

Oh so you guys over there have Futurama, Sienfeld, Star Trek: The next Generation, also Voyager, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Full Metal Alchemist, Planet Earth, Hogan's Heroes, Mythbusters, Ninja Warrior, Attack of the Show, X-Play in the BBC too? Oh thats right...you dont.

I was gonna say that saying "British TV is much better as a matter of fact" is very opinionated, but im going to talk in a language you better understand Green. AS A MATTER OF FACT, AMERICAN TV IS INFINITELY BETTER THAN BRITISH TV. DONE. I WIN. YOU LOSE. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY. AMERICAN TV IS BETTER.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

7 (edited by Fett_II Sunday, July 6, 2008 1:29 am)

Re: Dr. Who

Valthonin wrote:
Masterchief wrote:

Actually, my Step-dad has been to America, and he said that is not that excellent.

Everyone loves British TV because it's understanding and funny/cool.

It is not weird. smile

Some people say it is the best. America may have things like Monster Truck shows and aimne and cool cartoons but British TV is much better as a matter of fact.

Oh so you guys over there have Futurama, Sienfeld, Star Trek: The next Generation, also Voyager, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Full Metal Alchemist, Planet Earth, Hogan's Heroes, Mythbusters, Ninja Warrior, Attack of the Show, X-Play in the BBC too? Oh thats right...you dont.

I was gonna say that saying "British TV is much better as a matter of fact" is very opinionated, but im going to talk in a language you better understand Green. AS A MATTER OF FACT, AMERICAN TV IS INFINITELY BETTER THAN BRITISH TV. DONE. I WIN. YOU LOSE. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY. AMERICAN TV IS BETTER.

or Invader Zim, Trigun, American Gladiators, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Kiss Saves Santa, Law & Order, Jackass, instead they have Teatime and Biscuits with Cockney Accent Dude Whom We Can't Understand 'Alf The Time. And don't get started on movies... oh yeah how could i forget these great shows: BATMAN, SUPERMAN, THE JUSTICE LEAGUE, ALL THOSE MARVEL AND DC COMIC BOOK CHARACTERS

Re: Dr. Who

It's actually not.

I may be wrong, but that's what my step-dad said.

Anyway....

* Back on topic *

and to be honest, we're acting like children ( though I am one ) and fighting over something as silly as TV. tongue

You've gotta admit it's quite funny. wink big_smile

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Re: Dr. Who

Valthonin wrote:
Masterchief wrote:

Actually, my Step-dad has been to America, and he said that is not that excellent.

Everyone loves British TV because it's understanding and funny/cool.

It is not weird. smile

Some people say it is the best. America may have things like Monster Truck shows and aimne and cool cartoons but British TV is much better as a matter of fact.

Oh so you guys over there have Futurama, Sienfeld, Star Trek: The next Generation, also Voyager, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Robot Chicken, Full Metal Alchemist, Planet Earth, Hogan's Heroes, Mythbusters, Ninja Warrior, Attack of the Show, X-Play in the BBC too? Oh thats right...you dont.

I was gonna say that saying "British TV is much better as a matter of fact" is very opinionated, but im going to talk in a language you better understand Green. AS A MATTER OF FACT, AMERICAN TV IS INFINITELY BETTER THAN BRITISH TV. DONE. I WIN. YOU LOSE. I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY. AMERICAN TV IS BETTER.

I miss my old cable... then I could get all those. I realy dont like most brittish TV, I honestly cant think of any good brittish shows of the top of my head, but its been a while

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Dr. Who

Yeah, I'm sorry everyone. Not everyone likes British TV. I don't mind. smile

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Re: Dr. Who

I don't like British TV, Dr. Who included. British humor is a man in a dress half the time, isn't it? Plus we have the Simpsons. You can't say UK TV is better is a fact, because that is an opinion.

Anyways, I don't like Dr. Who, but what do the rest of you think.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Dr. Who

oh wait, British television did manage to produce one good thing: Monty Python's Flying Circus. That's it.

13 (edited by Devil Girl Sunday, July 6, 2008 2:38 pm)

Re: Dr. Who

Fett_II wrote:

oh wait, British television did manage to produce one good thing: Monty Python's Flying Circus. That's it.

Not the only thing.

I think Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Still game and The vicar of Dibley are fantastic as well.

I do however think that both America and Britain produce great TV shows (as well as dud shows and while I know that Britain has produced some rubbish so has America) In my opinion no one is better than the other. We just produce different styles of shows.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Re: Dr. Who

Yeah there's been a lot of British TV I've enjoyed, I loved Father Ted, that show was great. Here's a clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foFXj7pEj4g

Allo Allo is also one of my all time faviourites. The pilot part one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkz1ecxr … re=related

One thing is for sure, Australian TV totally sucks tongue Hence so many American and British shows on our TVs...

And yes I do enjoy Dr Who, gotta love Captain Jack and the spin off of Torchwood which has an American as the star tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Dr. Who

As much as I would love to say Father Ted is British it is actually Irish.

Allo Allo is class as well big_smile I have also taken to Dad's Army recently. I always thought it was not funny but now I think the scrips are very funny big_smile

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Re: Dr. Who

Plus there's Top Gear and Scrapheap Challenge, which was later introduced to the US as Junkyard Wars...

Here's the Top Gear Motorhome Racing clip: http://www.topgear.com/content/videos/v … ction.html

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Dr. Who

Top Gear is cool.  But I'm agreeing with Fett_II on this one.  Monty Python is the best British TV I have seen by far.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Dr. Who

Ah monty pyton....how did I forget that...

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Dr. Who

Fett_II wrote:

meh, not a fan of it. British tv is weird.

im with fett, British tv is really weird.
some good shows(i saw a awesome dr. jekyll and mr. hyde show)
overall British tv shows are more civilized and therefore inferior. wink

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

Re: Dr. Who

You guys just watch the wrong shows tongue

Anyway I believe this was supposed to be about Dr Who... tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHQbGI9 … re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUUZyNv2 … re=related

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Dr. Who

I like the old docter who's
the William hartnell years through to peter davidson.

but in my opinion they got silly after that and i find the new ones charmless and more banal than the classical ones

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

Re: Dr. Who

Doctor Who for me continues at Christmas.

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Re: Dr. Who

Masterchief, have you seen the old dr who's

"My luck ranges from barely tolerable to cataclysmic"

Re: Dr. Who

No. But I want to........

I think. tongue

You're foolish words can never hurt me