Topic: Is this World War 3?

I don't think so......

calvinanglin@gmail.com

Re: Is this World War 3?

You might like to be a little more specific in your posts. Give a little info.

If you mean the Iraq war, then I agree it is nowhere near World War 3. Mostly because America is the only country with their army truly engaged in the war. Other countried have only sent a few troops (some already withdrawn) and our enemies are not Iraqi soldiers but insurgents. For it to be World War III there would need to be a few more countries, a much higher death toll, and ultimately the end of humanity as we know it.

" I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Fetterthanyou wrote:

" I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but world War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

That quote reminds me of what my friend said........World war 3 will be fought with Nukes.................World war 4 will be fought by computers...........and world war 5 will be fought with sticks and rocks if there is a planet left.....

calvinanglin@gmail.com

In many small ways I have to say that if we're not in WWIII, we're building up to it *or perhaps better said tripping and stumbling into it*.  Fetterthanyou made the famous point about WWIII and WW IV, but nothing is cirtain.  That would have been the case if war had continued on it's growing scale proportional to the tech of the day.  WW III does NOT have to be that way, and to assume we're not in a global war just because there aren’t nukes getting thrown around *yet* that we're not engaged on a global front.

I say yet above because 1.  Russia is still one of the world leaders in nuclear arms, and is NOT our friend.  They're corrupt leadership and continually growing ties to Iran are all things we should watch wearily as a country.  And 2. of course is Iran and North Korea.  One is ruled by a religious fanatic, who believes that death and destruction on a global scale are his 'God given' assignment on earth, and the other is just flat crazy.

These leaders of nations that hate us, combined with the world's indifference or flat out hostility towards the U.S. *which has existed far longer then George W. Bush has been president; don't kid yourself, with few exceptions very little of the world has EVER liked us,* especially in Muslim nations bent on Jihad, we could easily find ourselves in WW III soon.  And not abroad like in the past, but in a way the Israel has been suffering since it's creation; right here on our doorstep

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Ralin Drakus wrote:

In many small ways I have to say that if we're not in WWIII, we're building up to it *or perhaps better said tripping and stumbling into it*.  Fetterthanyou made the famous point about WWIII and WW IV, but nothing is cirtain.  That would have been the case if war had continued on it's growing scale proportional to the tech of the day.  WW III does NOT have to be that way, and to assume we're not in a global war just because there aren’t nukes getting thrown around *yet* that we're not engaged on a global front.

I say yet above because 1.  Russia is still one of the world leaders in nuclear arms, and is NOT our friend.  They're corrupt leadership and continually growing ties to Iran are all things we should watch wearily as a country.  And 2. of course is Iran and North Korea.  One is ruled by a religious fanatic, who believes that death and destruction on a global scale are his 'God given' assignment on earth, and the other is just flat crazy.

These leaders of nations that hate us, combined with the world's indifference or flat out hostility towards the U.S. *which has existed far longer then George W. Bush has been president; don't kid yourself, with few exceptions very little of the world has EVER liked us,* especially in Muslim nations bent on Jihad, we could easily find ourselves in WW III soon.  And not abroad like in the past, but in a way the Israel has been suffering since it's creation; right here on our doorstep

Ya, know half the countries that don't like us, are the ones we saved, such a France

calvinanglin@gmail.com

they don't like us? they can **** off. personally, i am all pro-america, but i'm not totally for the war. this really brings us back into the end of WWII and the beginning of the Cold War, where the US declared its sworn goal was to rid the world of Communism, but now it's terrorism. sure, nobody likes terrorists, cuz they're just a ton of wimps living in caves with towels on their heads, and buying all their junk off the black market cuz they'd get shot up if they went public for that stuff. but, we don't have to continually spend money and time trying to finish them off. like, maybe keep some troops stationed there, and swap 'em in and out every few months. i say we just nuke out all those caves, or get us a Jericho missile. besides, most countries hate us cuz we have better standards than they do. for example, take France. they sell weapons to terrorists, they have funny accents, stinky cheese, and was saved by us in BOTH World Wars. if America had stayed neutral in either war, well there may not have been a France today. sucks to be them.

This war in Iraq has the potential to be World War III.

No, it doesn't. Its a war against an insurgancy, their not a country.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

GLOPINO wrote:

The reason why is that the whole world was fighting. in both. These wars also decided the fate of the world.
Heck if America had not entered the war when they had we could very well be speaking in German.

calvinanglin@gmail.com

Fett_II wrote:

they don't like us? they can **** off. personally, i am all pro-america, but i'm not totally for the war. this really brings us back into the end of WWII and the beginning of the Cold War, where the US declared its sworn goal was to rid the world of Communism, but now it's terrorism. sure, nobody likes terrorists, cuz they're just a ton of wimps living in caves with towels on their heads, and buying all their junk off the black market cuz they'd get shot up if they went public for that stuff. but, we don't have to continually spend money and time trying to finish them off. like, maybe keep some troops stationed there, and swap 'em in and out every few months. i say we just nuke out all those caves, or get us a Jericho missile. besides, most countries hate us cuz we have better standards than they do. for example, take France. they sell weapons to terrorists, they have funny accents, stinky cheese, and was saved by us in BOTH World Wars. if America had stayed neutral in either war, well there may not have been a France today. sucks to be them.

Wow, that is EXACTLY what I think. Not one thing there that I would change.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

So you don't want to be American......

calvinanglin@gmail.com

Karson Fett wrote:

What are you talking about? Nobody said anything about not wanting to be American. Where do you get these random ideas from?

Draco agreed with Fett_II who said he is loves America but doesn't completely support the war. I also agree with these two, however I think Fett_II is wrong about why everyone hates America. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that the stereotypical American is fat, has extreme bravado, and takes everything he is given for granted. This is obviosly not true of most Americans as is the case with most stereotypes. But we stereotype the french in the same way, as a bunch of cheese eating and wine drinking wusses. So it all evens out in the end.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Fett_II wrote:

I'm pretty much with you there, Fett_II.  Screw those around the world that don't like us.  Yet another reason to become more self dependent, drill our own damn oil, get our businesses back from China and the other countries, and just let all those 'more enlightened' wimps fend for themselves. 

And about Iraq, I"m partly with you there to.  I"m having some reservations on the war there, but only because of the way we're fighting it, not the mission it'self.  When we first went over there, we were taking names and kicking butt.  Now we are NOT just bogged down by fighting an insurgent type of war, it's because of ALL THE DAMN RESTRAINTS the total WIMPS in Washington are putting on our troops. 

We're fighting this war like it's............not a FRIGGIN WAR!!!!!  Since 'Nam, and even before that, Washington is scared to death of having the public turn on them for our troops 'misbehaving' or the like.  Yet they make it a self fulfilling prophecy when they tie our troops hands and drag out a war that could be over.  The big shots are trying to run this like a 'good will program.........and try to shoot some bad guys on the side'

GLOPINO wrote:

I think it's possible, but not in the way you probably think. 

Make no mistake, we ARE at war with radical Islam.  If you could see the TV programs they have for their children that are so riddled with hate for the West and Israel, it would shock you.  If Iraq can't get itself stabilized, if Iran gets 'the bomb', or various other factors, then yeah, Iraq could possibly lead us into WW III

Karson Fett wrote:

Not sure where you got that idea Karson.  Draco was in total agreement with Fett_II, and he is VERY MUCH proud to be an American judging by his post.  Did you mean someone else?

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Oh, sorry I misunderstood.......Yes, it has lots of potential to be World war three. If the Iraqies thry to bomb another country this could turn bad real fast.

calvinanglin@gmail.com

The Iraqis wouldn't bomb another country.  In fact I don't believe they ever have.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's the Iranians and Ahmedinejad that we have to worry about and their "uranium enrichment".

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]