Topic: The War in Iraq II

List all your debates about the War in Iraq here.

calvinanglin@gmail.com

Re: The War in Iraq II

It's Vietnam II and the sooner it's over the better.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Re: The War in Iraq II

Well if we just went and blew them up we wouldn't have to worry about Iraq.

calvinanglin@gmail.com

Re: The War in Iraq II

Vietnam II........ Bah.

I was 100% for the invasion.  All the evidence that Saddam was working on nukes and bio weapons.  We havn't found them yet, but I'm not convinced they weren't there  *and we did find some bio/chemical weapons, but the damn newsies don't like to talk about those 'undesirable' facts*.  But even IF all the mass destruction evidence was BS, I'm still glad we're there killing terrorists OVER THERE rather then fighting them in the streets here or letting them run rampent in Europe. 

I only wish the damn polititions would take the leash off the military and let them do thier job

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: The War in Iraq II

im going to oversimplify this, but such is life...
Bush and family r a large part of the oil machine.
Cheney is a huge part of the war machine (haliburton).
is it any wonder that we have been at war over involving oil since they were in office?
Someone is making alot of money.

there is one answer to every question in the world...money.

the sooner we come home the better. IMHO

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: The War in Iraq II

Ralin Drakus wrote:

Vietnam II........ Bah.

I was 100% for the invasion.  All the evidence that Saddam was working on nukes and bio weapons.  We havn't found them yet, but I'm not convinced they weren't there  *and we did find some bio/chemical weapons, but the damn newsies don't like to talk about those 'undesirable' facts*.  But even IF all the mass destruction evidence was BS, I'm still glad we're there killing terrorists OVER THERE rather then fighting them in the streets here or letting them run rampent in Europe. 

I only wish the damn polititions would take the leash off the military and let them do thier job

We arent killing terrorists over there, they are killing us. We cant fight an enemy we cant see. I say we take out our troops and bomb the hell out of the entire middle east and make it a parking lot. What were doing now isnt working, we cant drop bombs monday and food tuesday. All or nothing, stop fighting a war with one hand behind our backs.

"Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead"

7 (edited by cujo Thursday, April 3, 2008 1:58 pm)

Re: The War in Iraq II

a move like bombing them back to the stone age, would alienate our country from the global community.
why is that important? because we went into Iraq under the guise of liberation, and freedom.

our true agenda, is more likely to set up our puppet democracy so that we have more control of oil in the future, and keep an eye on Iran.  more importantly we cannot afford(financially) to be at war or continue to loose more lives policing the world.
for the record-i have many friends who r deployed and known some who have died, i have much love and respect for the military.
but will not mince words about the current administration- they r money grabbing clowns who if they ran a business it would have gone under many times over. when was the last time you misplaced billions of dollars and blame it on bad bookkeeping w/ no further explanation..

disclaimer: all comments r the humble opinion of Cujo, who is informed but much like all of us, in the dark about a great many issues. and i mean no disrespect to anyone.

is anyone on this site actually in the military? aside from Sadriel, whom im sure has a thought or two on the subject.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: The War in Iraq II

I'm with cujo... has anybody taken a good look at our PRESIDENT? He is nearly a moron.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: The War in Iraq II

cujo wrote:

a move like bombing them back to the stone age, would alienate our country from the global community.
why is that important? because we went into Iraq under the guise of liberation, and freedom.

our true agenda, is more likely to set up our puppet democracy so that we have more control of oil in the future, and keep an eye on Iran.  more importantly we cannot afford(financially) to be at war or continue to loose more lives policing the world.
for the record-i have many friends who r deployed and known some who have died, i have much love and respect for the military.
but will not mince words about the current administration- they r money grabbing clowns who if they ran a business it would have gone under many times over. when was the last time you misplaced billions of dollars and blame it on bad bookkeeping w/ no further explanation..

disclaimer: all comments r the humble opinion of Cujo, who is informed but much like all of us, in the dark about a great many issues. and i mean no disrespect to anyone.

is anyone on this site actually in the military? aside from Sadriel, whom im sure has a thought or two on the subject.

I agree with that.

Though it is funny seeing bush’s press conferences his mistakes are classic smile

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

Re: The War in Iraq II

I'm abit confused about how 9/11 lead to Iraq... I thought we were after Osama Binladen in afghanistan to begin with. I would like to give him a swift kick in the nuts, But wouldn't we all? smile

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

11 (edited by Ralin Drakus Thursday, April 3, 2008 3:24 pm)

Re: The War in Iraq II

Valthonin wrote:

I'm with cujo... has anybody taken a good look at our PRESIDENT? He is nearly a moron.

It's amusing to me at just how much the BushBashers contradict themselves.  “He’s so stupid it’s funny!!!”  Yet on the other hand he’s this super manipulator who masterminded not only 9/11, but is somehow making tons of money off of Iraqi oil *that doesn’t seem to be helping us at the pump in any way that I’ve noticed lately,* AND personally blew up the levies in New Orleans because………I think the explanation was that he doesn’t like black people or something. 

Not to mention the brainless wonder managed to beat the Dems in two elections……. Guess it helps when the BRILLIANT people I won’t name vote for things after they vote against them   tongue 

Chaplain Grimaldus wrote:

We arent killing terrorists over there, they are killing us. We cant fight an enemy we cant see. I say we take out our troops and bomb the hell out of the entire middle east and make it a parking lot. What were doing now isnt working, we cant drop bombs monday and food tuesday. All or nothing, stop fighting a war with one hand behind our backs.

I'm not ready to go that far, CG, although I have to wonder if that's the only choice we have left sometimes.  But on your comment that 'we aren’t killing terrorists, they're killing us' because we can't see them, look up the kill ratio sometime.  We're killing them.  A LOT of them.  Just cause you don't see it on CNN or YouTube doesn't mean we're not; that's just a taste to the media bias.  Come on man, look at how bad it was in Vietnam and every other war before then.  We lost a HELL of a lot more then 4000 troops in combat, and we were still kicking butt.  Ever man/woman lost for us is a tragety, but they all joined to do a job, and they're doing it damn well. 

Jesse Fett wrote:

I'm abit confused about how 9/11 lead to Iraq... I thought we were after Osama Binladen in afghanistan to begin with. I would like to give him a swift kick in the nuts, But wouldn't we all?

9/11 was never the #1 reason we went to Iraq.  There was a possable connection as we know some of the Al Quida big shots visited Bagdad at times, and we know there were terrorist training camps in Iraq well before we got there.  But it was WMDs that were the stated reason, and I think the unsaid reason was to make a killing field for the crazies over there

But yes, I totally agree that Osama needs a swift kick to the nuts.....and then something a little stronger; say the .45 cure-all?   wink

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: The War in Iraq II

See, for me, this debate goes into so many other arguments. I support our troops 100%, but I don't always support why they're there. I used to support Bush, I don't know why. He isn't dumb (at least I think not) he's just globalist, socialist, and fascist. Which is anti-American, so I DO NOT like him. Bush is trying to make one big country out of North America, called the North American Union, including U.S.A., Mexico, and Canada. I don't have anything against those countries at all, I am the least racist person ever. I have been to both countries (if you didn't notice I'm American), but I like sovereignty. I don't know about you guys but.... Also, I believe 100% Bush had foreknowledge of the events that took place on 9/11. So, after all that, he obviously does not have good reasons for being there. And the troops are not being allowed to do their jobs. And not much has been accomplished besides our freedoms being drained away.

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

Re: The War in Iraq II

Ralin Drakus wrote:
Valthonin wrote:

I'm with cujo... has anybody taken a good look at our PRESIDENT? He is nearly a moron.

It's amusing to me at just how much the BushBashers contradict themselves.  “He’s so stupid it’s funny!!!”  Yet on the other hand he’s this super manipulator who masterminded not only 9/11, but is somehow making tons of money off of Iraqi oil *that doesn’t seem to be helping us at the pump in any way that I’ve noticed lately,* AND personally blew up the levies in New Orleans because………I think the explanation was that he doesn’t like black people or something. 

Not to mention the brainless wonder managed to beat the Dems in two elections……. Guess it helps when the BRILLIANT people I won’t name vote for things after they vote against them   tongue

I never said he masterminded 9/11, I never said he himself is choreographing the oil situation so he gets money, and I never said he blew up the levies. I dont believe he did any of that (the oil thing is different because although he wasnt the brains behind he he is still reaping the rewards. He did not have to be the one to hatch the plan to make the money, he was just told how to do so). The man is an imbecile. He can give a whole speech, and yet say nothing...if you get my meaning.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: The War in Iraq II

Valthonin wrote:

I'm with cujo... has anybody taken a good look at our PRESIDENT? He is nearly a moron.

What ever. He's WAY better than Clinton who btw is why our economy is bad. What's that? Am I blaming Clinton for the economy? Yes. Everyone who know just a little about this sort of thing knows that your/the president's choices does not effect the here and now it takes a few years. Which is why we have what we have today. Also I am glad we had bush in office and not someone who would have hid under is desk after 911. I do not like everything Bush does, in fact some things he does makes me quite mad. But he is better than the alternative.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

Re: The War in Iraq II

Alo Fett wrote:
Valthonin wrote:

I'm with cujo... has anybody taken a good look at our PRESIDENT? He is nearly a moron.

What ever. He's WAY better than Clinton who btw is why our economy is bad. What's that? Am I blaming Clinton for the economy? Yes. Everyone who know just a little about this sort of thing knows that your/the president's choices does not effect the here and now it takes a few years. Which is why we have what we have today. Also I am glad we had bush in office and not someone who would have hid under is desk after 911. I do not like everything Bush does, in fact some things he does makes me quite mad. But he is better than the alternative.

HURAH!  I'm not alone in this  big_smile   Great points Alo, I now forgive you for your April Fools prank   tongue

I totally agree.  Your point on the economy is spot on *but you forgot to mention that it was Reagan who gave us the good years during Clinton's time in office, despite his raising of taxes and everything else he fumbled, which we are finally feeling now*

And true, Bush is not the dream guy.  He's been getting worse these last couple years in my opinion *his border 'plan'.......GAH.*  But thank GOD Kerry or some other spaghetti spine liberal isn't running the show......yet

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

16 (edited by cujo Friday, April 4, 2008 12:29 am)

Re: The War in Iraq II

Alo Fett wrote:

Everyone who know just a little about this sort of thing knows that your/the president's choices does not effect the here and now it takes a few years. Which is why we have what we have today.

Bush has been in office for two terms...so is it safe to say we are seeing the fruits of his decisions?

Im not really here to pick sides, in truth im fed up w/ government at large. I will likely vote GOP
this time, but either way, my tax bracket in gets no love. Bush has taken care of the rich, Clinton
as most Dems do, did raise taxes on the rich-because Dems r for bigger government. but i think its
safe to say we r all repeating what some other person more informed than us has said.

but back on topic, the war- or mission statement of said war has warped so many times, im not sure anyone can tell u what we r there for at this point. did u know we pay more for gas over there than the iraqis? what the f?
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/03/ … ef=24hours
like its not enough that we r basically running their country...

the world makes no sense to me sometimes

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: The War in Iraq II

Be very careful about where this debate goes. Topics of this type on boards not normally set up to deal with arguments about politics, terrorism and the moralities of war can lead into intense arguments and flaming. I'm not saying it will, just a word to be cautious as this is an emotional topic for people.
Now, was or rather IS the war a good thing? Should it have been fought? I think it was going to happen sooner or later, the Iraqi regime WAS spoiling for a fight and given the atrocities Saddam and his government had perpetrated they HAD to be removed.
Was the reasons given for the war accurate? In the end no, but as I said he had to be removed before he killed more people, his own or otherwise. So does that mean the end justifies the means? In this instance, my opinion is yes.
Was the war badly planned? Well it appears that little thought of what to do after the fight is over was made, so in that regard yes.
Did 9/11 contribute to the invasion of Iraq? Yes, put bluntly it gave Bush the excuse he needed to invade. Personally I think it's unlikely that Saddam knew of the planned attacks, but he need to be removed so... and IF he did know... well he's gone now (the hard way) so job done. I'm also sure that the WMD information wasn't correct but it gave the British government the required excuse to "do the right thing". It's clear that Osamma Binladen and his fellow terrorist were in Afghanistan so going on to remove the Talibhan from power there was certainly the right thing to do

Should we support our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan? Not matter if you support the reasons for the conflicts or not the answer is a resounding YES! They are doing their duty on our behalf because they were ordered to, some of them may not even want to be there but because they are in the armed forces they are following orders and doing what they signed up to do. The soldiers, sailors and aircrew serving in Iraq and Afghanistan are not responsible for the war, that's the purview of politicians and governments , simply for carrying it out. Should they be treated as heroes on their return home? Without doubt and by all. It's horrible when some of our men and women are killed on active duty there, but should they be brought home? As soon as the job is done then yes, but not before. We made the mess in Iraq and Afghanistan, we should at least clean it up!

Is Iraq another Vietnam? I'm sure our service personnel serving their wouldn't be pleased to hear the comparison. I have friends in the British Army, serving in Iraq and friends in the Royal Marines serving in Afghanistan, I've had family members serve in other wars and trouble zones over the years and yes it's horrifying to think that any of them could be killed and I hope that it never ever happens but as I said they should come home when the job is done.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/OrtharRrith/OrtharRrith-1.jpg[/img]

18 (edited by cujo Friday, April 4, 2008 1:07 am)

Re: The War in Iraq II

well said Orthar, a clean perspective. cheers smile

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

19 (edited by Karson Fett Friday, April 4, 2008 4:02 am)

Re: The War in Iraq II

I think that we should pull out, then wipe them of the face of the earth, and start over.
Like we did with japan in WW2.
And if we wasn't so scared to do what we had to do we wouldn't be in this situation.

calvinanglin@gmail.com

20 (edited by BFFC Admin Friday, April 4, 2008 6:17 am)

Re: The War in Iraq II

Karson, that's so awful that you want to "wipe them off the face of the earth." I hope you get a chance to study some history when you start high school, to be at least aware of the atrocities of war and genocide.

Orthar, agreed. We tend to moderate carefully since it's hard (if not impossible, with all of the age ranges here) to have a constructive debate. Over the years, it's been a fine line, much as it is in daily concourse to discuss.

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

Re: The War in Iraq II

dont give a crap anymore. still think Osama needs to kick the bucket, though.

Re: The War in Iraq II

What is water boarding? I always hear about it being on CNN

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Re: The War in Iraq II

Water boarding is a form of interrogation (the term meaning exactly that or torture depending on your point of view).

People are turned upside down and certain amounts of water are poured down their nose.  Giving the feeling that you are drowning. 

People like John McCain are dead opposed to this as he was tortured when he served in the military.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: The War in Iraq II

Jesse Fett, please consider going beyond asking the BFFC community regarding serious issues. Ask your parents, teachers, and peers or quickly search Wikipedia.org or Google/Yahoo/etc. or anywhere elsewhere for that matter when you have such questions.

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com