Re: Do you go to church?

I don't go to Church, and I don't have a religion. I'm not exactly saying I don't believe in God (Yes, I made the g a capital so you religious people wouldn't shout at me me) I do support science, but only because there is actual proof. I haven't decided on what religion I want to have.

P.S. Did anyone say that they were Muslim? I don't think anyone said that they were yet.
P.S.S. Karson, you shouldn't try to convert people on this site.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Commander Appo wrote:

P.S. Did anyone say that they were Muslim? I don't think anyone said that they were yet.

im not, but i have studied the Quran and the Islamic world a considerable amount for a comparative religion course in college.

and props to Fetter who addressed the elephant in the middle of the room.
"NOBODY EVER WINS A RELIGIOUS DEBATE...", very sapient of you bro.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Cool because I have read about Islam and it seems interesting. So apparently no one is Muslim on the BFFC? That's kinda weird because we have a lot of members.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Well you just asked the question less then half an hour ago...Give it some time.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

probably the wisest thing i ever heard about religion came from a Islamic text "No God, but God"
it stated...

a key thing to remember when considering religion(every religion), is that it is never fashioned by its prophet
(Muhammad, Jesus, Buddha), its matrix is designed by its disciples in the generations after. The bible as well as the Quran was finished over 100 years after they died. So as religions go- they will take the complexion of those that interpret them.

Even today religions continue to morph, as the Catholic church decided there was no purgatory last year.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Even now with the Canadian Anglican Church allowing Ministers to provide over Gay Marriage.  It tells you how they are constantly conforming to the situations around them.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

282 (edited by Alo Fett Friday, February 29, 2008 4:11 pm)

Commander Appo wrote:

P.S.S. Karson, you shouldn't try to convert people on this site.

I don't see why not. In his eyes you (and everyone else who isn't a Christan) is dyeing and he has the cure if he didn't try it would be like letting you die. Do you see?  I night try to answer some of your questions but I would take a lot of my time so some might not get done. In case you want to know yes I am a Christan.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

well, other people might find Karson's attempts of conversion offensive, then it would get really nasty and nobody wants to see it. so, i vote no on converting ppl.

Yes, I go to church and am a Christian, but I dont think Karson should nag people about converting, maybe you could give links to a religious site if anyone decides they want to learn about God.

Sie sind Ni Ni Nae der letzte Dinosaurier, der Mörder der Kühe

Mordred wrote:

Yes, I go to church and am a Christian, but I dont think Karson should nag people about converting, maybe you could give links to a religious site if anyone decides they want to learn about God.

How bout no, and Karson just respects every one's choices in life. Good sugestion about the not naging, but I dont think this site should be used for advertising religions...

Well, i guess your right, I think we just need to let this topic die a quick, painless death.

Sie sind Ni Ni Nae der letzte Dinosaurier, der Mörder der Kühe

It did before, but according to karson it 'needed to be revived' how bout we just stop posting here?

Some one recently told me "That you need three things to live. Food, water and Faith. Some people eat beef, some only vegtables. Some drink tap water, others evian. Some people are jewish, others catholic etc. Does it matter which brand of religion? Water is water if its from a stream, tap or bottled."

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Si Titran wrote:

Some one recently told me "That you need three things to live. Food, water and Faith. Some people eat beef, some only vegtables. Some drink tap water, others evian. Some people are jewish, others catholic etc. Does it matter which brand of religion? Water is water if its from a stream, tap or bottled."

except you can't bottle a belief.

Fett_II wrote:
Si Titran wrote:

That is true. But this is all metaphorically speaking, in that faith is all faith regardless if they are Catholic, Buddist or Jewish.

"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Si Titran wrote:
Fett_II wrote:
Si Titran wrote:

That is true. But this is all metaphorically speaking, in that faith is all faith regardless if they are Catholic, Buddist or Jewish.

But what about the atheists?

Космические рейнджеры 2: Доминаторы
(Lancelot! <3)

Terron wrote:
Si Titran wrote:
Fett_II wrote:

They have faith that there is no god.

293 (edited by Terron Saturday, March 15, 2008 11:06 am)

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:
Terron wrote:
Si Titran wrote:

They have faith that there is no god.

Fine then, but I would say they think there is no god.

&#1050;&#1086;&#1089;&#1084;&#1080;&#1095;&#1077;&#1089;&#1082;&#1080;&#1077; &#1088;&#1077;&#1081;&#1085;&#1076;&#1078;&#1077;&#1088;&#1099; 2: &#1044;&#1086;&#1084;&#1080;&#1085;&#1072;&#1090;&#1086;&#1088;&#1099;
(Lancelot! <3)

Thats just semantics. I say they don't believe in God, but beileve in the absence of God. I think that offically qualifies as a faith.

Si Titran wrote:

Thats just semantics. I say they don't believe in God, but beileve in the absence of God. I think that offically qualifies as a faith.

ditto

Oh fine then, it is three against one, I give up

&#1050;&#1086;&#1089;&#1084;&#1080;&#1095;&#1077;&#1089;&#1082;&#1080;&#1077; &#1088;&#1077;&#1081;&#1085;&#1076;&#1078;&#1077;&#1088;&#1099; 2: &#1044;&#1086;&#1084;&#1080;&#1085;&#1072;&#1090;&#1086;&#1088;&#1099;
(Lancelot! <3)

297 (edited by Alo Fett Sunday, March 16, 2008 4:46 pm)

Chaplain Grimaldus wrote:

Saying that we came from apes is more accurate than saying we just appeared here like "poof", almost all animals have evolved from other animals so why wouldnt we?

Who says? "your teacher"? Look around look at trees now look at your dog (if you have one) now look at a fish next a bug. Can you see how they are all so different? And yet you say they all came from one thing? That I find very very hard to believe.  "almost all animals have evolved from other animals so why wouldn't we" It has been proved that things can't evolve in the way "science" says. Also there is no proof of evolution and any "proof" they have found was a lie. That dinosaur with the feathers that National G made a big deal of was fake. A farmer found it while digging and added feathers so it would sell better. "The difference is in the way we all interpret the facts. And why do we interpret facts differently? Because we start with different presuppositions. These are things that are assumed to be true, without being able to prove them. These then become the basis for other conclusions. All reasoning is based on presuppositions (also called axioms). This becomes especially relevant when dealing with past events." - http://www.answersingenesis.org/creatio … eation.asp
Go to this site ^ it has a lot of good points.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

The Holy Bible states that God created animals before He created man. I suppose He may have evolved the first humans from monkeys.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

No.

Why can't you guys just STOP POSTING IN THIS TOPIC?! NO ONE EVER WINS A RELIGIOUS DEBATE!!!

"This IS my signature."