276 (edited by Beskaryc Beroya Tuesday, January 8, 2008 4:15 pm)

Re: Is Fett evil?

Ralin Drakus wrote:

I'm with you Deskaryc Deroya

I have the pretty far out theory that his moral code was based on his Mandalorian upbringing.  But either, it's pretty common knowledge that he based his actions on some kind of moral/Honor code

who is "D"eskaryc "D"eroya....???                    OH NO!!!!!  A NEMESIS!!!!!!  cool

[b]{MW}-[color=red]"Death and Destruction to Our Enemies"[/color][/b] 
[i] "I love that crunchy sound they make when they die."  ―RC-1207 (Sev), killing Geonosian [/i]

Re: Is Fett evil?

Lol :d

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

Beskaryc Beroya wrote:
Ralin Drakus wrote:

I'm with you Deskaryc Deroya

I have the pretty far out theory that his moral code was based on his Mandalorian upbringing.  But either, it's pretty common knowledge that he based his actions on some kind of moral/Honor code

who is "D"eskaryc "D"eroya....???                    OH NO!!!!!  A NEMESIS!!!!!!  cool

OH NO!!!!!  I can't even COPY ANY MORE!!!!!   *no nemesis; my bad. . . . . as usual   tongue

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: Is Fett evil?

I dont think Fett is evil at all. Yea in the movie he is portrayed as the anti-hero because he is working for the empire but in his own eyes he is doing what is right by law. Even if the goverment making the law is corrupt it is still the law, the rebels are trying to overthrow the proven system of goverment. So Fett does what he thinks is necessary and what he is paid to do. If you look at it most of his quarrys and hunts were on low life scum and villians. Crime bosses, thugs, thiefs, murders and traitors. Its not like he goes out and kills randomly. He isnt to fond of Solo at all but there was several occasions that he was face to face with him and could have easily killed him but spared him. Be it because Han has children and Fett respects that or that their war between themselfs was in a different time long gone, but that just shows that Fett is human, he cares and he knows compassion. Without it he wouldnt be the best, he would just be like IG-88 with no feelings and we all know how they turned out. Fett didnt stay alive through all he has by being "evil" or a "bad guy". He has also turned down several bountys because he didnt think they were just or the people offering the credits werent trustworthy.

As for the person calling Fett an "oppertunist" I think he is anything but, he doesnt wait for things to happen. he makes them happen. He is the cause and effect of everything he needs to be. He is a man in complete control of his life. I dont think that anything happens to him by chance, he makes it happen for him.

"Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead"

Re: Is Fett evil?

I agree.

Not so much about the part that he works for the Empire because he wants to uphold the law of the Empire.  That's an idea that was put forward in the book 'Tales of the Bountyhunters,' and maybe other places.  I think that was all made obsolete with Ep. II

I personally think he's living a version of the old Mando way of life as taught to him by Jango.  He's gaining Honor in battle, though against crimianls and others who make worthy adversaries...........and makes good credits while doing to, to  big_smile

But I totally agree with the main theme of your idea.  As Jango put it, he's "just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe."

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: Is Fett evil?

Boba is not evil..... he just gets paid to kill people. It's like a fox eating a rabbit. * Natural * ( nature ) thats life for you...... big_smile

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Re: Is Fett evil?

fett actually isnt evil in my eyes, he has a strict moral code. i mean, hes honest, he keeps his word and gets the job done. whether he was workin for the good guys or bad, u know he can be loyal to his word. he doesnt believe in sex outside of marriage either, he loathes han solo because he ran spice which was illegal, then after that he just had a personal grudge against solo. there are other reasons why but i dont want to spoil certain books

__[i]VIPER[/i] out.
<my other car is the [i]Slave 1[/i]>

Re: Is Fett evil?

Cerastes_Vipera wrote:

fett actually isnt evil in my eyes, he has a strict moral code. i mean, hes honest, he keeps his word and gets the job done. whether he was workin for the good guys or bad, u know he can be loyal to his word. he doesnt believe in sex outside of marriage either, he loathes han solo because he ran spice which was illegal, then after that he just had a personal grudge against solo. there are other reasons why but i dont want to spoil certain books

I agree with most of what you say here, Vipera.  But again, looks like you're relying on info that has  *in my eyes*  been outdated and is no longer canon.  Keep in mind that lots of books that were written before Ep. II now contradict what we know to be true about Boba.  Tales of the BountyHunters that you keep sourcing claims Boba is Jaster Mereel, which we know isn't true.  It is POSSABLE that Boba has this undieing hate for illigal spice that developed at some point in his life..........but I really doubt it.  And I have too much respect for Boba to think he follows such flawed logic as what is he claims when talking to Leia in 'Tales of the Bounyhunters'

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: Is Fett evil?

have you read revelation yet?

__[i]VIPER[/i] out.
<my other car is the [i]Slave 1[/i]>

Re: Is Fett evil?

Cerastes_Vipera wrote:

have you read revelation yet?

I haven't read any of those books sad

Well your points are good Cerastes, same with RD's, I wont say Fett is evil, as I have said before, Evil is perspective. Anakin was trying to save someone when he joined Palpatine, he was doing what he thought was right. There are some exceptions to the evil=perspective thing though, and Boba Fett definitely isn't one of them. A Jedi my believe him to be evil, his force signature would definitely be dark, but the dark side of the force is just based in warlike actions, and also in emotions. Boba is a simply a man. He has to do something to survive and what he does is usually considered immoral by society. People consider killing evil though if you kill in defense of another, or you kill to survive, it is acceptable. So why is it acceptable under these circumstances? Necessity. You are being attacked, therefore you kill your attacker because it is necessary.  Boba does what he is good at, and he uses it to provide him credits, which give him food and shelter, which he needs to survive, so for him, killing is necessary. Even Jedi would kill in self defense or self preservation, and they are considered 'good'

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

great point smile and thats where the "in my eyes" part comes into play. because some people do claim anyone who kills is evil, but then there are people more open minded, accepting, or they are just used to it. just like in real life, some ppl dont consider cops to be evil, but they do kill right? same with the military, murder is murder is murder, but its just how you see it. i guess it all just boils down to morals =P

__[i]VIPER[/i] out.
<my other car is the [i]Slave 1[/i]>

Re: Is Fett evil?

Well people who claim people who kill are evil would kill if their life, or the life of someone the cared greatly about was in danger. In the military you have to kill, same with being a cop. If a suspect pulls a gun on you and you don't shoot, he/she will shoot you. Its act or die, and I personally would choose act. Again, sometimes killing is necessary, and in those circumstances, morals have nothing to do with it.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

ya what i meant was there are times when its necessary but morals determine what makes a person evil or not

__[i]VIPER[/i] out.
<my other car is the [i]Slave 1[/i]>

289 (edited by Terron Sunday, March 9, 2008 4:57 am)

Re: Is Fett evil?

A bit off-topic, but.. My opinion:
Murder is a murder but an assassination is an assassination.
Two things so close but still so completely different..

(Btw cool avavar Cerastes_Vipera , not new, but great)

&#1050;&#1086;&#1089;&#1084;&#1080;&#1095;&#1077;&#1089;&#1082;&#1080;&#1077; &#1088;&#1077;&#1081;&#1085;&#1076;&#1078;&#1077;&#1088;&#1099; 2: &#1044;&#1086;&#1084;&#1080;&#1085;&#1072;&#1090;&#1086;&#1088;&#1099;
(Lancelot! <3)

Re: Is Fett evil?

Yes, murder is evil. But if it is good murder, who someone deserved it, then I suppose it is still bad, but good aswell. If you get me.



MC ( GHF )

You're foolish words can never hurt me

Re: Is Fett evil?

Terron wrote:

A bit off-topic, but.. My opinion:
Murder is a murder but an assassination is an assassination.
Two things so close but still so completely different..

(Btw cool avavar Cerastes_Vipera , not new, but great)

Assassination is simply murder of a person who is in the public eye, such as a politician, or a organized crime boss.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

Assassination is simply murder of a person who is in the public eye, such as a politician, or a organized crime boss.

Almost straight from Wikipedia, you know?

And an assassination is a murder but a murder is not an assassination.
(Lol Sherlock!)

&#1050;&#1086;&#1089;&#1084;&#1080;&#1095;&#1077;&#1089;&#1082;&#1080;&#1077; &#1088;&#1077;&#1081;&#1085;&#1076;&#1078;&#1077;&#1088;&#1099; 2: &#1044;&#1086;&#1084;&#1080;&#1085;&#1072;&#1090;&#1086;&#1088;&#1099;
(Lancelot! <3)

Re: Is Fett evil?

Boba Fett may work for evil people on occasion ie: Jabba the Hutt, Vader, etc. but he is not evil. He has no problem with killing, because he says noone is innocent. The main reason why he chases Han Solo, besides the bounty, is that he believes Solo is a bad man. For example, Solo smuggles spice, and you can get Fett's opinion on that in Tales of the Bounty Hunters. Fett has a very strict moral code that he lives by, he serves the Empire usually because no matter how evili the leader is, the Empire is the official authority in the galaxy. Therefore, he (Fett) views all members of the Rebellion as criminals. Fett, btw has a official Imperial law enforcement lisence. (Don't remember where I heard that)

"Some soldiers say that to reach maximum combat efficiency, they need to be in the zone. Sir; I live in the zone." - RC 1207 'Sev' to RC 1138 'Boss'

Re: Is Fett evil?

If you kill someone in war or defense, it is not usually considered murder.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Is Fett evil?

well, whats considered murder or not is strictly just opinion and how different societies work. however, the deed is still the same, so really, it just boils down to how people are

and thanks terron, haha, i dug that from my old star wars folder but i think i wanna get that title decaled on my car when i get one

__[i]VIPER[/i] out.
<my other car is the [i]Slave 1[/i]>

Re: Is Fett evil?

He does it for the money.  As long as the pay is good, he could care less.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Re: Is Fett evil?

draco fett wrote:

If you kill someone in war or defense, it is not usually considered murder.

But if there is a bounty on their head, in the Star Wars galaxy, it usually isn't Illegal to kill the person.

calvinanglin@gmail.com

Re: Is Fett evil?

Karson Fett wrote:
draco fett wrote:

If you kill someone in war or defense, it is not usually considered murder.

But if there is a bounty on their head, in the Star Wars galaxy, it usually isn't Illegal to kill the person.

If it's a legal reward, and you go about the capture in the proper way, it's not illegal to CAPTURE criminals in the RealWorld.  However, Boba often takes up bounties that are paid by Hutts and the like.  Although not usually illegal under Imperial law, it's not very moral depending on who he's after

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: Is Fett evil?

Rayek wrote:

This is my first serious post here and, as I'm sure this topic has come up over and over on the previous board, I think it should be here.

Okay. What worries me is how the prequels try to make Boba Fett a sort of evil, malicious, self-serving individual. In part that's true, bounty hunters are highly self-serving, and their methods of killing and capturing their quarry are sometimes quite malicious ("No disintegarations..."), but I never imagined it possible that Boba Fett, the quiet, unknown bounty hunter from Star Wars to lower himself in screaming, "Get im, Dad!"

Aside from his mannerisms, it seems that the prequels completely wax over the fact that all Boba Fett wanted from Vader and Jabba was the money. If the Rebels had enough money and the mind to do so, I beleive he would've fought for them. I definitely don't think that Imperialistic ideals were ingrained in Fett as a young boy, so he hunts Solo for 'the greater good of the galaxy', he wants his cash.

Any thoughts on this? There's a different side of Fett that I haven't seen as of yet, the side where he works for the good guys just because they pay him.

I'm thinking the amazing Samurai movie Yojimbo, but with Fett, the Rebels, and the Imperials.

I reckon that there is an incident where Boba works for the rebels-its just finding it! If there isn't there definitely should be!

He's no good to me dead

Re: Is Fett evil?

Fett refused to work for them because they opposed the law.

take it easy baby take it as it comes