Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

I apologized if my post sounded like an attack, I was just trying to get Sev's point across. And yeah, that is pretty funny.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Sev Fett wrote:

Ha I could imagine it now.  Jango is about to shoot one of the Jedi but Boba calls on his com channel.  Dad! We were supposed to go swimming!

"Boba!  What have I told you about family calls when I'm at work!  You know this is a secure channel!"
"But Daaad, you SAID!  Besides--"

*Jango takes his shot at the Jedi, misses, and hits Wessel*

"Um, Boba, could you call me back later?  Yes...Yes, I know I promised...Yes, I will be back soon..."

Now, I dunno bout the rest of you, but if someone got a bug on Jango's line right then, if that was what happened, they would start wondering what this guy's doing in his business.  I think a call like that would be hilarious if it happened to a cold and deadly bounty hunter.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

I smell a spoof skit coming up.  BUt not from me. tongue

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Aw c'mon!  It'd be FUUUN!

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Back to Drako's original hitlist:

Draco wrote:

Coward:
-hires other mercenaries to do the jobs that he was hired to do

That's called expanding your business.  Unless you can prove that Jango was cowering in a corner while his stringer's were working a job aranged by him, that's an unfair attack

Draco wrote:

Idiot:
-used two wrist rockets to kill two guards, who were right next to each other, and were running away. One rocket or two blaster bolts would have worked.

Never read that, so don't know.  Sound's like bad writting (or bad illustration based on the confusion on whether or not it even WAS a rocket)

Draco wrote:

-does not wear helmet in public, which is not intelligent in his line of work

You talking about not wearing his helmet in the arena in Ep. II?  Who was going to recognize him??  The bugs??  They're almost totally planetbound (by choice as I understand it due to their hive nature); and if Dooku doesn't already know his face from when they met on Galidraan, then I'm sure Jango feels that Dooku's position as "Republic's Most Wanted" places him in an unlikely position to harm his reputation.

Draco wrote:

-lead thee Mandalorians to decimation for the first time in centuries

As I understand it, Jango led the True Mandalorians back from the brink and was kicking Death Watch BUTT untill betrayed by the Governor of Galidraan; think you wouldn't have fallen for it?

Draco wrote:

-shot Zam when he could have shot Anikan and Obi-Wan

This one I have to aggree with.  I feel this was a flaw by the writers/Lucus; but as you said, it did happen, and it's up to us to interpret.  We know Jango is a Jedi killer; he supposedly killed many by himself at the Battle of Galidran.  So I don't think he was afraid of them.  However, I'm sure he did his research and knew who was guarding Padme', and perhaps knew that those two together were too much for him.  There's all kind's of speculation here about "he should have shot a rocket", "he should have fired a dart into each."  Maybe he did.  Maby 'Mandalorian Assassin' had it right in a way.  He could have taken a shot at one of the Jedi but missed (it was a very long shot); but who knows.

Draco wrote:

-armor is reflects too much light, whick ca attract unwanted attention

This is just nit-picking.  It's hard NOT to stand out in the crowd when you're wearing Mandalorian Battle Armor; and based on some of the earlier posts it doesn't sound like he had any trouble with stealth

All in all, I like him.  Not as much as Boba, I think, but up there.

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

I thought we/I allready proved Draco wrong? but if you want me to again just rad my old posts

Alo Fett wrote:

(Now I consider the comics as cannon too but I'll just use the movies for the sake of others)

Listen I have made this statement more then I would like. If we ARE soposed to act if this is real then without Jango there is no Boba or ARC troopers or stormtroopers or any other clone related things you like. It's that simple. It's not "flawed logic" it's just reality.

Also all the points being made about jango can be turned on Boba too.
Boba used wrist rockets, a helmet and has hirard and then shot/left to die many "coworkers" just so he can have more money,hide a secret, or just because.

  As for Jango "Just being an idiot" (that IS flawd logic) Boba isn't much better, he left a blind smugler AND a wookie who is NOT blinded and could rip his arms off behind him to shot a jedi... ON A DIFERENT SHIP! only to have his jet pack goof up and send his SCREEMING into the sarlacks mouth. Wow talk about pathetic. I mean we don't even get to see boba kill one thing in the movies. Jango on the other hand killed a jedi and stood his ground with one of the best jedi ever Obi-Wan Kenobi. All of which he did in one movie.

Once again, don't get me wrong I love Boba just as much as Jango. But if we are to look at this as real then without/compard to Jango Boba is nothing.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

I still would have to disagree.  I think Jango's not as good.  I like him (he's Mando) but he can make judgmental errors.  I still maintain that he could've killed the Jedi, but hey, Lucas needed a loophole for Kenobi to extort.  And in the comics the two guards with two rockets does seem to be a waste of ordnance.  Boba wasn't even originally intended to be a clone, in fact, he was slotted to be a Jaster Mereel, before Lucas caught onto the fan hype, and fleshed out his background more.  With the new history, Boba would not exist if not for Jango, but nonetheless, he managed to outdo his "father" in his line of work.  And as to the removal of the helmet, well, in Kamino and at Geonosis, I can understand why he would feel comfortable doing so.  But that doesn't mean I have to like it.  It all comes down to a matter of aesthetic prefernce in the end.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Alo Fett wrote:

Also all the points being made about jango can be turned on Boba too.Boba used wrist rockets, a helmet and has hirard and then shot/left to die many "coworkers" just so he can have more money,hide a secret, or just because.

  As for Jango "Just being an idiot" (that IS flawd logic) Boba isn't much better, he left a blind smugler AND a wookie who is NOT blinded and could rip his arms off behind him to shot a jedi... ON A DIFERENT SHIP! only to have his jet pack goof up and send his SCREEMING into the sarlacks mouth. Wow talk about pathetic. I mean we don't even get to see boba kill one thing in the movies. Jango on the other hand killed a jedi and stood his ground with one of the best jedi ever Obi-Wan Kenobi. All of which he did in one movie.

Boba didn't use two wrist rockets when one would have worked.

I never said Boba didn't make many of the same mistakes Jango did.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

But then, Boba wasn't thrown in all of Jango's situations.  And JAngo didn't go through what Boba had to go through.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Alo Fett wrote:

I'm not saying Jango is better, I was just showing he's not a/an "idiot/coward/lame"

Mandalorian Assassin wrote:

I still would have to disagree.  I think Jango's not as good...

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

136 (edited by Ralin Drakus Wednesday, December 19, 2007 10:17 pm)

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

I don't think he's as good as Boba either; I'm just confused at why people nit-pick (yeah, I like that phrase) over the little things Jango did wrong.  My biggest complaint against Jango is that he doesn't use his blasters properly.  None of the Jedi he faced was using 2 light sabers, meaning he that if he sent a burst of rapid fire at either Obiwan or Mace he should have taken them down without much trouble (I don't care how good you are with a light saber; you can't block more then one bolt at a time for long, especailly if they're well spread). 

This stuff about "he used 2 rockets" and "his armor is too shinny" seem to me like lines that are being thrown around to justify some other reason for not liking him.  Don't know what that could be, as he seems like an interesting character to me, and he and the battle at the end made an otherwise boring Ep. II for me. 

Jango didn't jump onto a hover skiff with a Wookiee, Han Solo, AND a Jedi, but everybody still loves Boba (including me, even though it was a really stupid thing to do).  You (yes, I mean you, Draco) could pin the "idiot" tag on Boba for that one, and it's really a much more stupid move then using 2 wrist rockets.

If you guys hate Jango because he brought light to a formerly dark and mysterious character, fine.  But lets start giving the real reasons for Jango hating.

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Ralin Drakus wrote:

This stuff about "he used 2 rockets" and "his armor is too shinny" seem to me like lines that are being thrown around to justify some other reason for not liking him.  Don't know what that could be, as he seems like an interesting character to me, and he and the battle at the end made an otherwise boring Ep. II for me. 

You (yes, I mean you, Draco) could pin the "idiot" tag on Boba for that one, and it's really a much more stupid move then using 2 wrist rockets.

If you guys hate Jango because he brought light to a formerly dark and mysterious character, fine.  But lets start giving the real reasons for Jango hating.

I don't hate Jango, I just explain my reasoning for his not being the "greatest warrior ever", as some have pretty much called him.

It would be very easy to pin the "idiot" tag on Boba, but that is not what the topic is about.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

In my opinion the worst thing Jango did was dive for that lightsaber, not the smartest move when he could've just shot Mace.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

IG-88 wrote:

In my opinion the worst thing Jango did was dive for that lightsaber, not the smartest move when he could've just shot Mace.

Yes, I agree with you completly

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

draco fett wrote:

I don't hate Jango

You don't?!?  Ok, if you say so. . .

But you HAVE called him an idiot and a coward.  Those are the two points that I contest with you

About grabbing for Mace’s lightsaber instead of shooting him; yeah, dumb move.  Yet another case of bad writing, I think.  We know Jango fought and killed several Jedi, so we can assume he’d know to shoot first when given an opening like that.  Since that IS the move the damn writers AND Lucas chose to give him, I interpreted it as a move made out of disorientation from just being run over by the Reek.

I’d rather just pretend it didn’t happen that way and reshoot the whole thing in my mind   tongue

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

142 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Tuesday, December 25, 2007 10:11 pm)

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Sev Fett wrote:

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!

Fine then "Adam"...

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Mythbusters rocks!

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

144 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Tuesday, December 25, 2007 10:49 pm)

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Hecks yeah big_smile
*gets into rocket car covered in anti radar gun material, and prepares to race a toy car* big_smile

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Sev Fett wrote:

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!

lol; something like that

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Ralin Drakus wrote:
draco fett wrote:

I don't hate Jango

You don't?!?  Ok, if you say so. . .

But you HAVE called him an idiot and a coward.  Those are the two points that I contest with you

I call one of my rabbits mentally challenged and cowardly, but I certainly do not hate him.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Lord Revan wrote:

Hey draco... Those are wrist lasers in that panel, not rockets. Anyway, I don't hate him. I almost like Jango as much as Demagol, or Revan... Wait... Not that much. But still, Lucas wrote it that way and there is nothing we can do about it. So blame him, not the character.

This is a very good point... he is only as stupid/cowardly as he is written to be. Instead of hating on the character, hate on the writers.

As seen on YouTube: [url]http://www.youtube.com/BobaFettGuru[/url] or [url]http://www.youtube.com/welcomestranger[/url]

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Sharpy wrote:

This is a very good point... he is only as stupid/cowardly as he is written to be. Instead of hating on the character, hate on the writers.

That's what I used to say (and still say a lot); but Draco makes a good point on this.  We literally SEE what he does.  In the movies and in the EU.  Content that is considered canon can't really be rejected.  He does something stupid (because of a stupid writter), and it's up to us to decide how we want to interpret it. 

I personally only take the movies as 100% canon (though I really don't want to with most parts with Jango AND Boba, because of how bad Lucas and the writters make them look at times).  The EU I pick and choose from depending on what sounds right to me.

On the flip side; this is SciFi, ment for our amusment!  Non of this needs to be fact or fiction.  If you or I don't want to see Jango or any other charachter in a cirtain light, make a fanFic or something and recreate/improve him/her to your heart's content.  Not all will agree with you, but if it's the way you want to see that character, go for it!

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Alo Fett wrote:

As for Jango "Just being an idiot" (that IS flawd logic) Boba isn't much better, he left a blind smugler AND a wookie who is NOT blinded and could rip his arms off behind him to shot a jedi... ON A DIFERENT SHIP! only to have his jet pack goof up and send his SCREEMING into the sarlacks mouth.

actually the blind smuggler aka Han Solo hit boba's jet pack wich made his jet pack goof up and sent him SCREEMING into the sarlacc's mouth

The pen is mightier than the blaster!

Re: What is with all the Jango hate and disrespect?

Spider-Fett wrote:

I don't think he's an idot or a coward, but yeah, it would have made much more sense for him to shoot Obi-wan or Anakin.  They wouldn't have seen it coming if they couldn't see it coming for Zam.

SF

even though she would have seen it coming she couldnt do anything about it. also if she survived she could tell someone else. as well in case you didnt know, anakin and obi-wan are jedi. they cense things. to the guy above you: hireing others is smart not cowardy. more chances of getting the bounty. to everyone: jango taught boba everything boba knew.

My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met. - Rodney Dangerfield