Topic: Favorite Sith?

In this topic you can post your favorite Sith and a tidbit (I love that word) of info about them. You can discuss who you think is the best Sith, but don't get into any full-blown arguements abut them. Everyone has their own opinion. My favorite Sith is Count Dooku, and my interesting fact is that it was said that only Masters Yoda, Mace Windu, and later on, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker could have fought on equal terms with him.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Favorite Sith?

Darth Bane, restartes the there are always two, no more, no less. Probably more powerfull then Anikan, or the aprentice-from-the-soon-to-be-owned-by-a-freind-of-mine(he hopes)videogame .

Secondly is Darth Vader, because he brought balance to the force, fulfilling an ancient prophecy.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

3 (edited by Ralin Drakus Tuesday, December 4, 2007 6:15 pm)

Re: Favorite Sith?

Darth Revan, hands down.

I know that http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Revan says he returns to the light as the canon ending for the game (Knights of the Old Republic), but while he was a Sith, there are none better (and yes, I consider him AND Darth Malak (Revan's apprentice) greater Sith then Vader).

The Mandalorians (at least the Mando's of old) have the highest respect for him because of his success against them in the Mandalorian Wars

Also, he's a master lightsaber duelist, strong in the force, and perhaps the greatest war strategist in all of Star Wars (though the Emperor would have to be rated very high on that one).

All in all, if I had to follow a Sith instead of a Mandalorian into Hell and back again, Revan is my guy

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: Favorite Sith?

Definitly Revan.  I mean Bane is really cool yes but he learned everything he knows from Revan.  Any other explanation needed?  If Bane forgot so much in between him and Revan how does someone like Vader even compare?  What other ancient Sith knowledge was forgotten?

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Favorite Sith?

Count Dooku. Absolutely. He's got style.

Космические рейнджеры 2: Доминаторы
(Lancelot! <3)

Re: Favorite Sith?

Darth Revan as well. I guess I'm so attached to him because, well, you get to live his life story, basically!

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Re: Favorite Sith?

Darth Maul PWNS all!!!

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

8 (edited by Commander Appo Wednesday, December 5, 2007 3:21 pm)

Re: Favorite Sith?

Count Dooku has got class, and he isn't as stupid as Maul (I still like Maul, but he wasn't very bright.....) That is one reason why I like him. Also, I like his saber dueling style (Makashi) and his lightsaber. The curved hilt design looks waaaaaayyyy cool. Also, this pic proves that he pwns all (Even Maul) http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Do … _choke.JPG
Also, this pic: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:No_arm_annie.JPG

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Favorite Sith?

I think Revan is the absolute coolest Sith (I don't care that he went light again tongue )
After him, I'd say Maul's appearance and fighting style was great, but he was not ambitious enough to be Sith.  The classic, Vader, is awesome!  And there are smatterings of other cool Sith throughout the EU that I like, but those three are the tops.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: Favorite Sith?

I dislike Maul's appearance personally, as well as the name. I wonder if George Lucas came up with Maul's characters when he was 11 years old?? tongue

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Re: Favorite Sith?

you gotta love Revan. The the main reason i like him was because of the the mystery around him: Where the heck did he go after the events of KOTOR? And that he was the only person able to walk the line between light and dark.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

12 (edited by Ralin Drakus Thursday, December 6, 2007 8:07 pm)

Re: Favorite Sith?

You have to love Vader's style, appearance, and presence; but as Sith go I've begun to think he was accually weak.

He spent over 20 YEARS under the thumb of his Master!  A real Sith would have made a move to become the Master.  He did offer Luke a place as his apprentice to face the Emperor, but I don't think the offer was genuine.  I believe he was just trying to lure Luke into a trap and take him to the Emperor as instructed(though that would be one HELL of a alternate history: Vader and Luke vs. the Emperor AND the Rebels!!!)

Now, the new game coming out where you get to play as Vader's secret apprentice may explain why Vader never made a move against the Emp.; but until those questions are answered, Vader only gets style points from me

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: Favorite Sith?

Manji_Ninja wrote:

I dislike Maul's appearance personally, as well as the name. I wonder if George Lucas came up with Maul's characters when he was 11 years old?? tongue

I agree...

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

14 (edited by virulent_messiah Friday, December 7, 2007 8:42 pm)

Re: Favorite Sith?

Ralin Drakus wrote:

You have to love Vader's style, appearance, and presence; but as Sith go I've begun to think he was accually weak.

He spent over 20 YEARS under the thumb of his Master!  A real Sith would have made a move to become the Master.  He did offer Luke a place as his apprentice to face the Emperor, but I don't think the offer was genuine.  I believe he was just trying to lure Luke into a trap and take him to the Emperor as instructed(though that would be one HELL of a alternate history: Vader and Luke vs. the Emperor AND the Rebels!!!)

Now, the new game coming out where you get to play as Vader's secret apprentice may explain why Vader never made a move against the Emp.; but until those questions are answered, Vader only gets style points from me

Poor tragic Darth Vader...Sidious knew he'd never have to worry about Vader overthrowing him. Vader was the perfect apprentice to a megalomaniac like him.

-Sidious was exploring the use of clone tech for himself, preparing to use Dark side techniques to transfer himself to a new body when his old one, crippled and rapidly deteriorating, failed him. He had no plans on being overthrown. When Vader turned on him, thanx to Luke, his spirit made the long journey to his clone lab on Byss, and he was reborn. Read the " Emperor Reborn" storyline.

-Sidious goaded Vader into going to Mustafar, knowing when he moved against the Jedi Temple, that the council would have Obi-Wan track him there, and that Vader would either kill Obi-Wan or be mortally wounded. (I think he held more stock in the latter outcome, personally.)

-Sidious forced Vader into further servitude, with extensive cybernetic parts (limiting his Force growth potential, and his ability to threaten Sidious), promising him more power but stringing him along. As Sidious was a follower of Darth Bane's teachings, he followed The Rule of Two: "There shall only ever be two to serve the Dark Side. One to embody it, the other to covet it's power." Sidious definitely kept Vader's appetite for the Dark Side sharp, even forcing him into situations that would anger Vader and force him to tap deeper into it. Of course he employed various methods to limit Vader's potential, as he sought greater power.

That makes him one of the greatest Sith Lords ever, in my opinion.

"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn, Dha Werda Verda a'den tratu."
  [url]http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=39267.0[/url]

Re: Favorite Sith?

for me, a tie between Darths Vader and Revan. Look at their similarities:

Both their sith names have five letters, and almost use all the same ones (Vader - Revan).
both commanded republic and sith forces.
both started out as Jedi, then turned to Sith, then came back.
both were extremely strong with the force.
both used the title Dark Lord of the Sith.
both wore armor that concealed their identities.
both went against the Jedi code to their own accord.
both killed their former ally (Revan killed Malak and Vader killed the Emperor).
both brought balance to the force.

i can't think of anymore, but look over these reasons and you'll understand.

Re: Favorite Sith?

my fav is darth caedus
-took down 4 jedi at once
-his only equal is luke

chuck norris once put his finger in the air and said "bang" and a plane crashed but but boba fett once tapped on something and 3 capital ships crashed.

Re: Favorite Sith?

Darth Bane

He's no good to me dead...

Re: Favorite Sith?

Fett_II wrote:

for me, a tie between Darths Vader and Revan. Look at their similarities:

Both their sith names have five letters, and almost use all the same ones (Vader - Revan).
both commanded republic and sith forces.
both started out as Jedi, then turned to Sith, then came back.
both were extremely strong with the force.
both used the title Dark Lord of the Sith.
both wore armor that concealed their identities.
both went against the Jedi code to their own accord.
both killed their former ally (Revan killed Malak and Vader killed the Emperor).
both brought balance to the force.

i can't think of anymore, but look over these reasons and you'll understand.

I hadn't rated Vader very high after KOTOR, but those are some really good points I'd never thought about.

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: Favorite Sith?

Ralin Drakus wrote:
Fett_II wrote:

for me, a tie between Darths Vader and Revan. Look at their similarities:

Both their sith names have five letters, and almost use all the same ones (Vader - Revan).
both commanded republic and sith forces.
both started out as Jedi, then turned to Sith, then came back.
both were extremely strong with the force.
both used the title Dark Lord of the Sith.
both wore armor that concealed their identities.
both went against the Jedi code to their own accord.
both killed their former ally (Revan killed Malak and Vader killed the Emperor).
both brought balance to the force.

i can't think of anymore, but look over these reasons and you'll understand.

I hadn't rated Vader very high after KOTOR, but those are some really good points I'd never thought about.

I agree as well. Good logic there, Darth Revan just has to be my favorite though. Followed by Vader (for sentimental reasons) and Darth Nihilus (I think I spelled that one right?). Yeah I heart KotOR. tongue

Plus Revan has the respect of Mandos such as Canderous. Which rates well with me.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

Re: Favorite Sith?

Si Titran wrote:
Ralin Drakus wrote:
Fett_II wrote:

for me, a tie between Darths Vader and Revan. Look at their similarities:

Both their sith names have five letters, and almost use all the same ones (Vader - Revan).
both commanded republic and sith forces.
both started out as Jedi, then turned to Sith, then came back.
both were extremely strong with the force.
both used the title Dark Lord of the Sith.
both wore armor that concealed their identities.
both went against the Jedi code to their own accord.
both killed their former ally (Revan killed Malak and Vader killed the Emperor).
both brought balance to the force.

i can't think of anymore, but look over these reasons and you'll understand.

I hadn't rated Vader very high after KOTOR, but those are some really good points I'd never thought about.

I agree as well. Good logic there, Darth Revan just has to be my favorite though. Followed by Vader (for sentimental reasons) and Darth Nihilus (I think I spelled that one right?). Yeah I heart KotOR. tongue

Plus Revan has the respect of Mandos such as Canderous. Which rates well with me.

All true Vod, my sentiments exactly

"You set a code to live by.  I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted...I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other men, and I require the same from them."

Re: Favorite Sith?

Too many to count tongue

Revan just plain rocks.  Led Mandos, looked dramatic.  Powerful, and altruistic.  A good man at heart, sacrificing himself for the galaxy, although they didn't know it.  (JAcen's different, he's misguided and making dumb choices.  Revans were better)  Darth Revan is what I think of when I think of Sith.
Darth Bane was neat too, hammering the Sith back into shape, and providing adequate balance.  (Light cannot exist without an equal share of darkness, and vice versa, etc.)  His ideals were what created the modern Sith, so at the very least, I respect him.
Vader's classic.  Nuff said.
Darth Maul looks awesome with the Sith Tattoos on upper body and face, and his fighting style with martial arts combined with saberfighting techniques was inventive.  He's an anomaly as the only Sith to not want to kill his master, and the only one to not attempt to achieve complete Dun Moch against their enemies.  He wanted it purely for the physical control.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: Favorite Sith?

Vader.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

Re: Favorite Sith?

I have to say Revan is the quintessential Sith Lord. Unlike so many of the the Sith, he had enough respect for people. Plus Darth Bane just used Revan's knowledge to accomplish everything he did. Anyway, Bane's apprentice has such a scary name. Darth Zannah. Aaagh! I'm quaking in my boots!

Cogito, ergo armatum sum- I think, therefore I'm armed.

Re: Favorite Sith?

Well Darth Zannah sound slightly more Sith-like than Darth Rain right? It does to me.

Meat is murder...... tasty tasty murder.
"Suggestion: Electrocution works well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or um, so I've heard."

25 (edited by Alo Fett Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:54 pm)

Re: Favorite Sith?

Darth Grievous... oh wait he's not a sith never mind. tongue

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett