Topic: Wild Weekend
Whoooeee! My weekend was sure hectic!! To make a long story short, on Saturday a neighbor's dog, Luke, got sick, so Luke's family (along with myself--I was curious!) took him to the vet. The vet looked him over, and said it was probably poison--i.e. botulism from a dead carcass, or strychnine (sp?). So the vet took Luke in a back room, put charcoal in his stomach to soak up the poison, gave him a relaxant, started an IV, and came back and told us to come back Monday. So, we go home. About three hours later, my friends and I (my two dogs, Mac and Tank, included) went up to a waterfall that's about a fifteen minutes walk from my house. While we're at the waterfall, I notice that my dog, Mac, is starting to have some symptoms like Luke had--rear legs trembling, hypersensitive to sounds, light, etc. So I go back to the house with Mac, and my parents take him to an Emergency vet. When we get there we wait. And wait. And wait and wait. For ONE HOUR!!!! (The worst thing about the waiting was that there was NO ONE in the waiting room!!) Finally the vet sees us, and he says that he needs to keep Mac for the night, and that Mac-o would most likely recover. He did recover, thank the Lord, and he got to come home on Easter!