Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

I think your right valthonin.
I bet within a week were gona have a reply saying something about pathetic nerds, or idiots, or the like.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Valthonin wrote:

My retort...


Valthonin wrote:

CDO, how close minded and pathetic are you? Firstly, how can you say that Vader accomplishes nothing? Like adeptus said, he killed all the Jedi, ALL OF THE JEDI except for a hand full who were lucky. He nearly single handedly started the Empires take over (by assaulting the Jedi temple) and ended it (by killing the Emperor). And your wondering why we like Boba Fett. We like him because, yes he is mysterious, his armor is cool and unique, his story is interesting, his skills are legendary (contrary to his portrayal in the movies, that was Lucas making his first mistakes). Btw, the "official novels" as you saw ARE in fact part of the expanded universe, and many of these "official novels" feature Boba Fett and really dwell into his character and how cool he is. Lastly, how can you complain about people on the site who are still in high school and are acting immature? You, apparently, are an "adult", and out of high school. And yet where are you? Doing something productive, making money, making your life or someone else's better? No. Your here. On our humble site of Boba Fett fans who just like to talk about Star Wars and other stuff. And what are you doing here? Disrupting our lives. You are the definition of a loser who got out of school and has done nothing productive. Dont intrude on our lives just because yours sucks. Just take you and your stupid friends and do something that doesn't involve bothering people who have done nothing to you.

On a personal note...
Why do I personally like Boba Fett? Because he helps me escape and forget that this world is filled with people like you.

....Compared to Lopero's



Lopero wrote:

I was not going to add anything to this thread given the back and forth direction of the comments but I feel the need to direct my comments directly to CDO.
Before I begin, I am sure CDO will have to take a return "jab" at me and that’s ok, no matter how rude it might be from a stranger.
CDO, I believe the body of your question and replies are extremely rude of you.
To join a specific fan site just to ask why the members enjoy/love the character then to put a spin on the back ground of that character to imply that the fans and members are wasting their time in enjoyment with this character is worthless and extremely rude.
We all have different items of enjoyment that help in the distractions of life around us. I am sure we could find and put a negative spin on something you, CDO enjoy.
If you have not noticed CDO this current time in history is pretty messed up. It is healthy if not a necessity to have a distraction in ones life to keep grounded to the important things. We all need something to help stimulate our brains. Some folks use distractions that are unhealthy and unsafe while others pick a safe distraction.
Speaking only for me the Star Wars Universe is my distraction. To share a little bit about myself, after spending 10 to 12 hours a day helping folks who have just experienced a tragedy in their life and then the other 10 to 12 hours spent making sure that my house hold is protected from all the negative influences out there, I need a couple of hours in the day to escape and relive a storyline that was influential in my youth.
If “loving” this character that in your opinion (from what I have read) is a waste of time again is rude.
So you don’t like the Boba Fett character and feel he is over rated, which is ok it is your opinion to have. But I don’t see the logic or need in to belittle OUR enjoyment of the Boba Fett character here on this fan site.
I apologize if I have misunderstood your intention of this thread but from what I have read I only can it for its face value.
So to add my input on “why I love Boba Fett so much” for you to criticize here you go and I hope it helps in your enjoyment of putting a negative spin on my feelings and opinion.
I personally don’t “love” Boba Fett. I enjoy the character and what he represents to me, which is a rouge character. He does and goes where he wants. Yes, he does answer to Darth Vader and Jabba the hut in the movies. But if you had noticed in the story line, Boba Fett works for these characters.
The mystery of the “man be hide the mask” is part of it also. But that was kind of spoiled in ATOC. But then again there is the time between his youth and adulthood to ponder.
Compared to the other battle armor used by the other characters his is unique to it self.
I feel Lucas shows moments of weakness, a jetpack that is set off by a single blow, shows that the mystery man by no means is prefect. And his screaming before being eaten shows he does have a weakness as a human and he is flawed.
As for the “lame” characters in the Star Wars universe, well the story does take place in a galaxy not of ours. The star wars storylines do not take place in our future but in a world of its own. So there needs to be lame character to balance the unimaginable characters to give it a sense of believability.
If you will take the time to see the movies beyond the computer effects and understand the body of story of the movies you will see a struggle each of us have in our lives.
A person searches to find their past and why they are drawn into the direction their life takes them. To believe in something that has been abolished because it’s “hocus pocus”. To be consumed to have the knowledge to protect everyone you love. To realize that maybe you are selfish in your needs and that it is ok to show weakness to help those you care about. To never ever give up a dream of a better life for all.
Well I guess that’s all I got for you CDO.I am sure I have set myself up for heck of a reply to my thoughts. But that is ok, if have made you feel better about yourself by knocking down what I have shared then I guess I did my good deed for the day.
May the Force be with you…always

...........You win this round Lopero......

I agree fully!

calvinanglin@gmail.com

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

A little late to the discussion. smile

Why do I like Boba Fett? Well besides the obvious coolness factor, he's a Survivor. And since your standard is set by the movies I shall take why I like Boba from the movies. CDO, you mentioned that on Geonosis he saw his dad die and just waltzed over and took his stuff. Think about that for a minute. There was a full fledged battle on Geonosis--Boba was roughly a ten year old kid who'd just lost his dad. He was completely and utterly alone in the universe. Yet he survived. And he became the galaxy's toughest hunter. (I can totally see a twelve year old Boba decked out in Mando armor threatening to blow some dude's head off big_smile).
       You also mentioned that in "Empire" Boba was calling Vader to do his dirty work. But Boba's actions showed a large amount of self-control and professionalism. If you recall, Han was merely the bait. Remember Leia in the hall shouting to Luke "It's a trap!"? Boba would have been utterly stupid (Fett fans don't flame me here smile) to not call Vader; to get between Vader and what he wanted would have been suicidal, or at least close to it. Vader wanted Skywalker; Han was the bait. Boba knew this, and being a seasoned hunter and all around smart guy he did what Vader wanted him to do.

And as for the sarlacc, if you're not going by the books, mind you...... Don't you know that the dude in Mando armor was Jodo Kast? tongue

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

The Main reason I like Boba Fett is because i like clones. Clones are awsome. Boba Fett is a clone. That makes him awsome.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Thats in interesting one. I think your the first person ive seen who lieks him because he is a clone and not because of his bounty hunting or expert skill and all that.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Everything else cool about him is just a bonus

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

eh, just because he is a clone....Theres a sheep called "dolly" or something, shes a clone, does that make her awesome?

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Dolly cant kill you with one hand tied behind her back.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

I know, i just mean that if Boba is awesome mainly because of the fact that he is a clone, then is dolly (or whatever) awesome, because she is also a clone?

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

what i meant was Star Wars Clones. All other clones are kinda creepy.....

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Oh, so just because he is in SW and a clone hes cool. (that isnt like sarcasm or anything)
Anyways, I like him because im a member of his fanclub

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

ok i guess im not being clear.


I like Star wars clones because of what they do, there training, what they stand for, there battle skills, there unwavering loyalty, there armor ect. ect.

There just cool. But all other clones are just.....well 'clones' they are just copys of there host. Sw clones stand and are so much more.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

88 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Tuesday, October 2, 2007 6:53 pm)

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

(when you said so much more)
not realy......Their just soldiers. with messed up genes.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

89 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Tuesday, October 2, 2007 7:02 pm)

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

well thats what there supposed to be: 'solders'

and there "messed up genes" allow them to be alot better than any regualr human.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Hmm!! now that is a question ,,why does Bats like Boba Fett
I think I can put it in one word,
             UNTOUCHABLE !!!
Remember the TV show if I can remember right it was called
  Above and Beyond  the show had Clone soldiers too,, one  the
Heros  was a clone the other Troops didn't like them at all
  bats

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

GAH!!!!THIRD PERSON!!!!
Ok, Just, why do you think that non SW clones are creepy, but not SW clones.

I think that its a little weird that evry soldier looks the same. They need slight diferences. (thank god for scars)

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

eh, just because he is a clone....Theres a sheep called "dolly" or something, shes a clone, does that make her awesome?

Only if she produces super clone blue milk. 

Now there's something to think about.  Would you drink milk from a cloned animal? 

Ewwww.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

bats wrote:

Hmm!! now that is a question ,,why does Bats like Boba Fett
I think I can put it in one word,
             UNTOUCHABLE !!!
Remember the TV show if I can remember right it was called
  Above and Beyond  the show had Clone soldiers too,, one  the
Heros  was a clone the other Troops didn't like them at all
  bats

That was an awesome show.  I was very disappointed when they canceled that series.  The people you're referring to, though, weren't clones in Space: Above and Beyond.  They were created by in vitro fertilization, inside gestation tanks.  That's way they called them Invitro's, and the racist slur directed towards them was the term "tanks."  They were also called "nipple necks" because their umbilical cord was attached to the back of their necks, so they had their belly buttons on the back of their necks.  But they still needed a sperm and egg donor to be created.  Kind of like mass producing test tube babies for war and not "birthing" them until they're fully grown.  As I recall, they created them to fight the A.I.'s, so the natural borns wouldn't have to go into space and die.  Real nice.  Still, it was a great show.

--Sadriel Fett (BFFC Moderator)
"I'm just a simple Fan, trying to make my way in the universe."

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

It's the armor... it's hot, what can I say.
=P

ETIAM SANATO VULNERE CICATRIX MANET
"even when the wound is healed, the scar remains"

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Sadriel_Fett wrote:
Adeptus_Astartes wrote:

eh, just because he is a clone....Theres a sheep called "dolly" or something, shes a clone, does that make her awesome?

Only if she produces super clone blue milk. 

Now there's something to think about.  Would you drink milk from a cloned animal? 

Ewwww.

Why not? its just like milk from the original

(assuming the creature in question is bovine, and is (depending on breed) used to make hanburgers)

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

It would be pretty bad if they messed up the cloning process in some way.  But yeah, if they perfected it, drinking the milk oc a cloned cow would be just like drinking the original cow's milk...Like Adeptus just said...The cloned cow could then be the first cow to say that it could be in two places at once, too!  Acually, that would also make it the first cow to say anything at all...

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

CDO is a complete jerk. Boba rules. I like him because he is a bounty hunter with cool armor. Bounty hunting is a cool job.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

It would take a lot of skill to be able to survive very long in that job.  And Boba's armour is definitely one of the best models out there.  His weaponry is also pretty cool; he's got everything packed ito those gauntlets of his.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

It blows my mind how he can focus and put stray thoughts out of his mind. His armor gives him an air of mystery.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

I wouldent be supprised if he is part robot.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]