Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

yea but, he wasn't expecting such a thing to happen, he assumed Han was too busy helping Chewie to do anything, and Han accidentally jabs the staff into his jetpack. there isn't a person who wouldn't scream after being sent into the side of the sail barge, then rolling down into the sarlaac.

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

He probably realized that he was screwed, and it wasnt a quick, honorably death either, it would be slow, and full of agony. Unending pain. That was probably what made him scream, not just fear. the clairity of the whole situation, he was probably full of regrets. things he wished he could have done.  the sense of failure. it has very little to do with fear.

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Besides George had to put the Wilhelm in their somewhere.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

what?

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

do people not understand that jango named his ship slave 1 probalby because he was himself a slave for years after the mandalorians were defeated by the jedi. and come on people have u guys not seen ep. 2 boba is a new zealander. also jangos jet pack malfunctioned before he was killed by mace windu so i thinks it wasnt such a good idea on bobas part to keep wearing it but it was just to KICK A$$ for him not to

56 (edited by DantheFettman Monday, September 24, 2007 9:09 pm)

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

-edited for speling errors

Wow.  This is a pretty intense discussion.  Good points on both sides.  On the premiere episode of Shark, starring James Wods (sp), i did some stuntwork, (James is a really cool guy too.  Tough to get ahold of but still a good guy that i call friend).  James did a movei called Any Given Sunday with Dennis Qaiade (sp) , Dennis was in a movie called Postcards from the Edge that Karrie Fisher (no way i'm misspelling the actress that played Princess LAiai's name!) wrote.  Maybe i'll try to get ahold of James and he can call Denis to ask Karrie what her opiinion is on ths.  Maybe this could get all the way to George Lukas!  I'll keep you guys posted.

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

"On our humble site of Boba Fett fans who just like to talk about Star Wars and other stuff. And what are you doing here? Disrupting our lives."

I was going to write back a retort to your poorly articulated ramblings (which really is baseless fanboy whining)...But the fact that you admit your life is the Boba Fett fan club I'll give you a break.

-CDO

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Bobba Fet was the BEST BOUNTY HUNTER IN THE GALAXY, he is the Dog of the star wars universe you know you are a bad dude when Vador himsself calls you to do favers for him when vador has a problim he calls the Fett Dog and you just got pwned!.peace

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Wow.... I have never seen such a pointless fight....(well for the old members I guse there was MC vs Boba. yikes) we all know that all that Lucas cared about was the money in star wras thats why we had Ewoks insted of wookies in ep6 Lucas says so himself that kids wouldn't buy wookies like they would ewoks so lets use the teddies. same with boba lucas thought it would me "funny" if he had the meanest badest onlyone to get han soloest dude get killd in a pathetic way. Only after this did he see how big of a fan base boba had bilt up thats why he let the comics bring him back and also why he mabe Jango in ep2. I know we all hate to go into the real reason why with this stuff, BUT it's is why it's the way it is. Otherwise we get stuck in a spirol of this vs that.

...I live by one rule and it is this: Freedom. Enslave no one and be no ones slave. No more no less. I am a hunter and no one rules me.  - Alo Fett

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Wow, what has this place turned into? How does Slave make him racist? Hahaha anyone can be a slave. I think it's a little ignorant to assume things like that. People are always getting offended and too sensetive...geeze. Did you ever think it was called Slave because it listened to his commands???? And why does anybody have a hobby? Why are people so passionate about the things they love and love to do? Who the hell cares!!!! It makes them happy and we don't need to explain ourselves. Trying to convince you that Boba is awesome.....It's like me trying to convince a guy how great my new shampoo is..... He still won't give a crap cuz it's not his thing.   We know your not racist Adeptus_Astartes   smile

"Maybe I'd have grown up a nice guy if a Jedi hadn't cut my dad's head off in front of me."

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Sintas Vel wrote:

Wow, what has this place turned into? How does Slave make him racist? Hahaha anyone can be a slave. I think it's a little ignorant to assume things like that. People are always getting offended and too sensetive...geeze. Did you ever think it was called Slave because it listened to his commands???? And why does anybody have a hobby? Why are people so passionate about the things they love and love to do? Who the hell cares!!!! It makes them happy and we don't need to explain ourselves. Trying to convince you that Boba is awesome.....It's like me trying to convince a guy how great my new shampoo is..... He still won't give a crap cuz it's not his thing.   We know your not racist Adeptus_Astartes   smile

Not only do I agree with Sintas Vel, I would like to hear about her new shampoo.

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Thanks Lamo! I'm not being crass in any way I'm just saying. I love and collect paintings by Salvador Dali.

http://www.salvadordalimuseum.org/home.html

I don't know why but I just love his paintings and everything he does. I don't have a good valid reason for liking his paintings but it makes me happy and it is fun for me to collect his artwork and talk about him because he is a great painter to me. It's the same kinda thing with Boba Fett, CDO. I hope it helps you understand more. Oh and the Shampoo is "All Soft" by Redken. Smells tropical and makes your hair really soft! wink

"Maybe I'd have grown up a nice guy if a Jedi hadn't cut my dad's head off in front of me."

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

CDO wrote:

Well I am still looking for people to stick up for Boba Fett.  I assume that people come here because they see the movies and say "wow that guy is a bad ***!"

I cannot rationally see how people would have this view, hopefully you guys (well I assume there are only guys on this board) can support your man. 

Generally I think the Star Wars universe has pretty lame characters (really when examined individually none of them really cut the mustered either as effective good guys or bad guys), and as I see it Boba is pretty much the bottom of the heap with the likes of Jar Jar, Uncle Owen, Oola, and that poor bastard who cut his arm cut off by Uncle Ben in Mos Eisley....

-CDO

Wow that guy is bad ***!
Is that good enough?

calvinanglin@gmail.com

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Good guys Bad guys?......sad....just so sad.......

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Ha

calvinanglin@gmail.com

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

CDO, I just wanted to let you know that I admire Boba Fett for his way of keeping his emotions out of things(with flying into the Sarlaac being an extenuating circumstance) and focusing on what he needs to get done. His coo armor and mysterious demeanor don't hurt either. So what if George Lucas wrote in a bunch of file ups with him in them. I do believe the books and comics are cannon and I am glad he made it out of that sarlaac.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

I was not going to add anything to this thread given the back and forth direction of the comments but I feel the need to direct my comments directly to CDO.
Before I begin, I am sure CDO will have to take a return "jab" at me and that’s ok, no matter how rude it might be from a stranger.
CDO, I believe the body of your question and replies are extremely rude of you.
To join a specific fan site just to ask why the members enjoy/love the character then to put a spin on the back ground of that character to imply that the fans and members are wasting their time in enjoyment with this character is worthless and extremely rude.
We all have different items of enjoyment that help in the distractions of life around us. I am sure we could find and put a negative spin on something you, CDO enjoy.
If you have not noticed CDO this current time in history is pretty messed up. It is healthy if not a necessity to have a distraction in ones life to keep grounded to the important things. We all need something to help stimulate our brains. Some folks use distractions that are unhealthy and unsafe while others pick a safe distraction.
Speaking only for me the Star Wars Universe is my distraction. To share a little bit about myself, after spending 10 to 12 hours a day helping folks who have just experienced a tragedy in their life and then the other 10 to 12 hours spent making sure that my house hold is protected from all the negative influences out there, I need a couple of hours in the day to escape and relive a storyline that was influential in my youth.
If “loving” this character that in your opinion (from what I have read) is a waste of time again is rude.
So you don’t like the Boba Fett character and feel he is over rated, which is ok it is your opinion to have. But I don’t see the logic or need in to belittle OUR enjoyment of the Boba Fett character here on this fan site.
I apologize if I have misunderstood your intention of this thread but from what I have read I only can it for its face value.
So to add my input on “why I love Boba Fett so much” for you to criticize here you go and I hope it helps in your enjoyment of putting a negative spin on my feelings and opinion.
I personally don’t “love” Boba Fett. I enjoy the character and what he represents to me, which is a rouge character. He does and goes where he wants. Yes, he does answer to Darth Vader and Jabba the hut in the movies. But if you had noticed in the story line, Boba Fett works for these characters.
The mystery of the “man be hide the mask” is part of it also. But that was kind of spoiled in ATOC. But then again there is the time between his youth and adulthood to ponder.
Compared to the other battle armor used by the other characters his is unique to it self.
I feel Lucas shows moments of weakness, a jetpack that is set off by a single blow, shows that the mystery man by no means is prefect. And his screaming before being eaten shows he does have a weakness as a human and he is flawed.
As for the “lame” characters in the Star Wars universe, well the story does take place in a galaxy not of ours. The star wars storylines do not take place in our future but in a world of its own. So there needs to be lame character to balance the unimaginable characters to give it a sense of believability.
If you will take the time to see the movies beyond the computer effects and understand the body of story of the movies you will see a struggle each of us have in our lives.
A person searches to find their past and why they are drawn into the direction their life takes them. To believe in something that has been abolished because it’s “hocus pocus”. To be consumed to have the knowledge to protect everyone you love. To realize that maybe you are selfish in your needs and that it is ok to show weakness to help those you care about. To never ever give up a dream of a better life for all.
Well I guess that’s all I got for you CDO.I am sure I have set myself up for heck of a reply to my thoughts. But that is ok, if have made you feel better about yourself by knocking down what I have shared then I guess I did my good deed for the day.
May the Force be with you…always

"I am just a simple man trying to make it in the universe"

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Lopero wrote:

I was not going to add anything to this thread given the back and forth direction of the comments but I feel the need to direct my comments directly to CDO.
Before I begin, I am sure CDO will have to take a return "jab" at me and that’s ok, no matter how rude it might be from a stranger.
CDO, I believe the body of your question and replies are extremely rude of you.
To join a specific fan site just to ask why the members enjoy/love the character then to put a spin on the back ground of that character to imply that the fans and members are wasting their time in enjoyment with this character is worthless and extremely rude.
We all have different items of enjoyment that help in the distractions of life around us. I am sure we could find and put a negative spin on something you, CDO enjoy.
If you have not noticed CDO this current time in history is pretty messed up. It is healthy if not a necessity to have a distraction in ones life to keep grounded to the important things. We all need something to help stimulate our brains. Some folks use distractions that are unhealthy and unsafe while others pick a safe distraction.
Speaking only for me the Star Wars Universe is my distraction. To share a little bit about myself, after spending 10 to 12 hours a day helping folks who have just experienced a tragedy in their life and then the other 10 to 12 hours spent making sure that my house hold is protected from all the negative influences out there, I need a couple of hours in the day to escape and relive a storyline that was influential in my youth.
If “loving” this character that in your opinion (from what I have read) is a waste of time again is rude.
So you don’t like the Boba Fett character and feel he is over rated, which is ok it is your opinion to have. But I don’t see the logic or need in to belittle OUR enjoyment of the Boba Fett character here on this fan site.
I apologize if I have misunderstood your intention of this thread but from what I have read I only can it for its face value.
So to add my input on “why I love Boba Fett so much” for you to criticize here you go and I hope it helps in your enjoyment of putting a negative spin on my feelings and opinion.
I personally don’t “love” Boba Fett. I enjoy the character and what he represents to me, which is a rouge character. He does and goes where he wants. Yes, he does answer to Darth Vader and Jabba the hut in the movies. But if you had noticed in the story line, Boba Fett works for these characters.
The mystery of the “man be hide the mask” is part of it also. But that was kind of spoiled in ATOC. But then again there is the time between his youth and adulthood to ponder.
Compared to the other battle armor used by the other characters his is unique to it self.
I feel Lucas shows moments of weakness, a jetpack that is set off by a single blow, shows that the mystery man by no means is prefect. And his screaming before being eaten shows he does have a weakness as a human and he is flawed.
As for the “lame” characters in the Star Wars universe, well the story does take place in a galaxy not of ours. The star wars storylines do not take place in our future but in a world of its own. So there needs to be lame character to balance the unimaginable characters to give it a sense of believability.
If you will take the time to see the movies beyond the computer effects and understand the body of story of the movies you will see a struggle each of us have in our lives.
A person searches to find their past and why they are drawn into the direction their life takes them. To believe in something that has been abolished because it’s “hocus pocus”. To be consumed to have the knowledge to protect everyone you love. To realize that maybe you are selfish in your needs and that it is ok to show weakness to help those you care about. To never ever give up a dream of a better life for all.
Well I guess that’s all I got for you CDO.I am sure I have set myself up for heck of a reply to my thoughts. But that is ok, if have made you feel better about yourself by knocking down what I have shared then I guess I did my good deed for the day.
May the Force be with you…always

\||/, or \m/,

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Adeptus_Astartes
I dont understand your reply to the quote.Is it a question concerning me?

"I am just a simple man trying to make it in the universe"

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

no, just strongly agree with your arguement

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Oh ok ..thank you
I did not understand what you typed.I guess it was supose to be a "smiley" character.

"I am just a simple man trying to make it in the universe"

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

yeah sort of smile

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Like this big_smile

calvinanglin@gmail.com

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

Touche Lopero.... you rock!!  big_smile

"Maybe I'd have grown up a nice guy if a Jedi hadn't cut my dad's head off in front of me."

Re: Please explain Boba Fett love to me...

My retort...


Valthonin wrote:

CDO, how close minded and pathetic are you? Firstly, how can you say that Vader accomplishes nothing? Like adeptus said, he killed all the Jedi, ALL OF THE JEDI except for a hand full who were lucky. He nearly single handedly started the Empires take over (by assaulting the Jedi temple) and ended it (by killing the Emperor). And your wondering why we like Boba Fett. We like him because, yes he is mysterious, his armor is cool and unique, his story is interesting, his skills are legendary (contrary to his portrayal in the movies, that was Lucas making his first mistakes). Btw, the "official novels" as you saw ARE in fact part of the expanded universe, and many of these "official novels" feature Boba Fett and really dwell into his character and how cool he is. Lastly, how can you complain about people on the site who are still in high school and are acting immature? You, apparently, are an "adult", and out of high school. And yet where are you? Doing something productive, making money, making your life or someone else's better? No. Your here. On our humble site of Boba Fett fans who just like to talk about Star Wars and other stuff. And what are you doing here? Disrupting our lives. You are the definition of a loser who got out of school and has done nothing productive. Dont intrude on our lives just because yours sucks. Just take you and your stupid friends and do something that doesn't involve bothering people who have done nothing to you.

On a personal note...
Why do I personally like Boba Fett? Because he helps me escape and forget that this world is filled with people like you.

....Compared to Lopero's



Lopero wrote:

I was not going to add anything to this thread given the back and forth direction of the comments but I feel the need to direct my comments directly to CDO.
Before I begin, I am sure CDO will have to take a return "jab" at me and that’s ok, no matter how rude it might be from a stranger.
CDO, I believe the body of your question and replies are extremely rude of you.
To join a specific fan site just to ask why the members enjoy/love the character then to put a spin on the back ground of that character to imply that the fans and members are wasting their time in enjoyment with this character is worthless and extremely rude.
We all have different items of enjoyment that help in the distractions of life around us. I am sure we could find and put a negative spin on something you, CDO enjoy.
If you have not noticed CDO this current time in history is pretty messed up. It is healthy if not a necessity to have a distraction in ones life to keep grounded to the important things. We all need something to help stimulate our brains. Some folks use distractions that are unhealthy and unsafe while others pick a safe distraction.
Speaking only for me the Star Wars Universe is my distraction. To share a little bit about myself, after spending 10 to 12 hours a day helping folks who have just experienced a tragedy in their life and then the other 10 to 12 hours spent making sure that my house hold is protected from all the negative influences out there, I need a couple of hours in the day to escape and relive a storyline that was influential in my youth.
If “loving” this character that in your opinion (from what I have read) is a waste of time again is rude.
So you don’t like the Boba Fett character and feel he is over rated, which is ok it is your opinion to have. But I don’t see the logic or need in to belittle OUR enjoyment of the Boba Fett character here on this fan site.
I apologize if I have misunderstood your intention of this thread but from what I have read I only can it for its face value.
So to add my input on “why I love Boba Fett so much” for you to criticize here you go and I hope it helps in your enjoyment of putting a negative spin on my feelings and opinion.
I personally don’t “love” Boba Fett. I enjoy the character and what he represents to me, which is a rouge character. He does and goes where he wants. Yes, he does answer to Darth Vader and Jabba the hut in the movies. But if you had noticed in the story line, Boba Fett works for these characters.
The mystery of the “man be hide the mask” is part of it also. But that was kind of spoiled in ATOC. But then again there is the time between his youth and adulthood to ponder.
Compared to the other battle armor used by the other characters his is unique to it self.
I feel Lucas shows moments of weakness, a jetpack that is set off by a single blow, shows that the mystery man by no means is prefect. And his screaming before being eaten shows he does have a weakness as a human and he is flawed.
As for the “lame” characters in the Star Wars universe, well the story does take place in a galaxy not of ours. The star wars storylines do not take place in our future but in a world of its own. So there needs to be lame character to balance the unimaginable characters to give it a sense of believability.
If you will take the time to see the movies beyond the computer effects and understand the body of story of the movies you will see a struggle each of us have in our lives.
A person searches to find their past and why they are drawn into the direction their life takes them. To believe in something that has been abolished because it’s “hocus pocus”. To be consumed to have the knowledge to protect everyone you love. To realize that maybe you are selfish in your needs and that it is ok to show weakness to help those you care about. To never ever give up a dream of a better life for all.
Well I guess that’s all I got for you CDO.I am sure I have set myself up for heck of a reply to my thoughts. But that is ok, if have made you feel better about yourself by knocking down what I have shared then I guess I did my good deed for the day.
May the Force be with you…always

...........You win this round Lopero......

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.