Re: Do you go to church?

Karson Fett wrote:

Proof! Did you read my last post

Yep. There's no evidence proving what you said smile

Faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

203 (edited by Adeptus_Astartes Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:55 pm)

.....Pwnd...(that was supposed to be after Fett_II's post)

I agree with Fett_II, .before any of you go proclaiming me a heratic, or whatever you uber-religious ppl do (uber having umlauts over the U) there is no proof, and i think that if any of the bible was passed down orraly, (which i assure you, it had to be because not every one could read then) it makes said part innacurate,

also Karson, you kinda dug yourself a hole there when you said you didnt like the new living translation, because that means there would be differences, meaning that it could be innacurate, if there are differences now, then how do we know that there wernt before, and the more popular ones simply got spread more, and the least popular ones were forgoten?

Blind faith is bad...

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Look at post 172

Unfortunatly, faith does not prove anything.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Just remember God is not religious and Christ was not a Christian.

in fact, he was a JEW!! and, a carpenter.

Yep, he sure was, but he was God's son. big_smile

Fett_II wrote:

in fact, he was a JEW!! and, a carpenter.

True finally some one who paied attention in church, but he was a Communist.

Once again, no proof.

The idea of christianity is the same as communism take what you have and give it to the poor.  Thier for all are equel and and no one has domain over another.

only difference, is that Communism came around almost 2,000 years later. (and my last post was directed towards Karson)

Agreed, Karl Marx's theroy of communism did come much later and in a secular form.

oh yeah, i didn't pay attention in church (well i sorta did but i had nothing else to do), and i watched Indiana Jones smile

Oh now you want proof on Jesus was gods sun? ONCE AGAIN FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith isn't an answer... There's no such proof it exists, so ya really need to keep ur trap shut if u can't prove something is real or not.

Post 172 again Read it, you must

guy, we know, faith.   but if thats all your gona say, then stop

(also. Blacksabbath WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))

[i]The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed[/i]
[url=http://lfgcomic.com/page/1]Interrogations are hard...[/url]

Read it. Boring. Still no proof. You lose. I win.

I still say faith.

Yes, but he is asking for proof, which faith is not.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

As for the Bible-truthfulness issue, there ain't no way that I (we) are going to make anyone believe that what we say is true. Karson is right, though; Christians have to have faith to believe in Christ. We (Christians) have to have faith to trust that God will do what is best for us, for the glory of His name. But. Blind faith IS BAD. If I don't know what I believe (i.e., if I don't study scripture), then how am I going to trust Him who I call my Savior?

And as for there being no proof for Jesus being God's Son... Yes, faith is involved. But Mary was a virgin when she became pregnant. I know, I know, ya'll will probably say that the Bible was "tweaked" a bit in order to prove itself (and I'd say the same thing in your situation).
Do any of you believe that Jesus was real? I don't mean to ask if you believe that He's God, but merely if He walked the Earth. If so, what do you think about all the prophecies in the Old Testament? The book of Isaiah was written about 400 years before Christ and contains a prophecy about Christ, virgin birth, crucifixion and all. Ultimately, as I said before, if you don't want to believe it, then you're not going to.

Oh, and about the Biblical translations? Substance wise they're no different than any other. I own an NIV, ESV, and NKJ, and they ALL say the exact same things, just in a different way. Some translations might be more ambiguous than others, though ("Thou shalt not kill" instead of "You shall not kill," for example.).

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

There is no proof! Thats why there is faith.

If there is NO proof that Christ walked on the Earth, Paul says in the Bible that we would be the most pitied people on the face of the Earth. Thus.... There is proof.

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

See!!!! Ha!