Topic: Predators VS Boba Fett

4 Predators go after the best bounty hunter in the galaxy: Boba Fett. I cant really think of anything to say sooooo......... whos going to win?

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

its a draw! because the hunters might be armed and have maybe have body armour

You've been holding out on us again haven't you? Since you haven't given us enough money, I'll guess I'll have to take it out of you piece by piece! - Unknown Mandalorian.

3 (edited by CloneMedic54 Friday, August 3, 2007 12:44 pm)

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

First off, OF COURSE THE PREDATORS ARE ARMED!!!

If they are hunting him and have stealth mode engaged, four yaujta are overkill. Even for Fett. I say he takes out maybe one, but in the end he gets overwhelmed.

If they decide to not engage their cloaking and wanna fight on "equal" terms with Fett, he wins because of the superior mobility his jetpack grants him.

If I was totally sane, I wouldn't be as good at my job.

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

Are you sure Fett's HUD can't see through the yaujta's cloacking device? His helmet is packed with stuff.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
I am a Role Playing Gamer, like my father before me.

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

Good point. Since he's pretty paranoid  he would probably have something installed so he never gets snuck up on.

If I was totally sane, I wouldn't be as good at my job.

6 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Friday, August 3, 2007 3:48 pm)

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

Fett has a 360-degree field of vision in his helmet, so it like impssible to sneek up on him.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

I know that. I meant he would probably have some way of detecting cloaked lifeforms or droids.

If I was totally sane, I wouldn't be as good at my job.

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

yhea most likely...

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

I just can't think of any instances where it was mentioned he would have  something like that. Fighting cloaked enemies never came up, did it?

If I was totally sane, I wouldn't be as good at my job.

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

Nope.....Hmmm I wonder how well Fetts armor would take a shoulder mounted plasma gun? Think it would hold?

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:

Fett has a 360-degree field of vision in his helmet, so it like impssible to sneek up on him.

(clears throat)
didnt see solo. didnt see the staff.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

cujo wrote:
Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:

Fett has a 360-degree field of vision in his helmet, so it like impssible to sneek up on him.

(clears throat)
didnt see solo. didnt see the staff.

eh.....that was mainly becase of luck on hans part, and the storyline

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

cujo wrote:
Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:

Fett has a 360-degree field of vision in his helmet, so it like impssible to sneek up on him.

(clears throat)
didnt see solo. didnt see the staff.

That seems more like Lucas' fault than Fett's. Not sure when Lucas' wrote that scene, he had the specifics of Fett's equipment worked out.

I think his chest plate could take a couple blasts. And I said before that his jetpack would be the key to his victory, but thinking about it, his jetpack would probably be the first thing to go. He could still hold his own against them though.

If I was totally sane, I wouldn't be as good at my job.

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

I dont know.....maby if he could see them, but if he couldent he would be screwed

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

15 (edited by CloneMedic54 Friday, August 3, 2007 4:16 pm)

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

He took out 3 of the IG-88s. Something I don't think a Pred could do. He would win but it wouldn't be with brute strength or sheer firepower. He'd outthink them like al his other adversaries and take them all out with stealth and traps. The only way the yaujta win is if they manage to activate a self-destruct sequence before he kills them all.
(this is all dependent on the fact that his helmet has to have some sort of way for him to detect cloaked enemies)

If I was totally sane, I wouldn't be as good at my job.

16 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Friday, August 3, 2007 4:26 pm)

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

CloneMedic54 wrote:

He took out 3 of the IG-88s. Something I don't think a Pred could do. He would win but it wouldn't be with brute strength or sheer firepower. He'd outthink them like al his other adversaries and take them all out with stealth and traps. The only way the yaujta win is if they manage to activate a self-destruct sequence before he kills them all.
(this is all dependent on the fact that his helmet has to have some sort of way for him to detect cloaked enemies)

yhea thats why I said if he couldent see them he would be screwed


And bare in mind that there stalking HIM, not the other way around. And on a heavily forested planet,

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:
CloneMedic54 wrote:

He took out 3 of the IG-88s. Something I don't think a Pred could do. He would win but it wouldn't be with brute strength or sheer firepower. He'd outthink them like al his other adversaries and take them all out with stealth and traps. The only way the yaujta win is if they manage to activate a self-destruct sequence before he kills them all.
(this is all dependent on the fact that his helmet has to have some sort of way for him to detect cloaked enemies)

yhea thats why I said if he couldent see them he would be screwed


And bare in mind that there stalking HIM, not the other way around. And on a heavily forested planet,

That sounds about right. And it's only so long before Fett turns the tables on them and starts hunting them down.

And could the yaujta take on Fett if he was in the Slave 1? I only saw the movies and read one book, and there was no mention of the Pred's proficiency in space combat.

If I was totally sane, I wouldn't be as good at my job.

18 (edited by Mandal_ShadowWarrior Friday, August 3, 2007 4:40 pm)

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

oh yhea, he has Slave 1 FILLED with weapons: concussion missles, Sesmic charges, a cloking devise, advanced scanning equipment, laser cannons.......the works.

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

So it looks like:
On the ground-Toss up(depends if Fett can see them)
Space/ air combat- Fett wins

If I was totally sane, I wouldn't be as good at my job.

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

sounds right too me....

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

betcha 20 bucks if just one Pred was killed, the others would set off one of their super bombs and high-tail it.

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

I just might take that bet

[i]"Sir, Finishing this Cake."[/i]

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

I'm pretty sure Fett has a cloaking device too. I know i read it somewhere. As for withstanding a predator plasma cannon, keep in mind his armour is far more stronger then any earth metal and arnold took a blast streight to the chest without any armour at all.

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

well, wookieepedia doesn't say anything about a cloak, and infrared can't see invisibility.

Re: Predators VS Boba Fett

cujo wrote:
Mandal_ShadowWarrior wrote:

Fett has a 360-degree field of vision in his helmet, so it like impssible to sneek up on him.

(clears throat)
didnt see solo. didnt see the staff.

I think the main reason he didn't see Solo is because he was focused on something else.

And furthermore, 4 Predators would definitely kill Fett, probably kill any single man.

No disintegrations, No fun