Topic: Do you go to church?

This tread is about how you worship God.

calvinanglin@gmail.com | Dei voluntas fiat
I seek to knowledge to share it.

2 (edited by draco fett Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:55 am)

Re: Do you go to church?

Unfortunatly, the only time that I have the ability to go to Mass is at Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and Easter Sunday, when I go to my grandma's house.

Karson, not everybody is Christian or Jewish. You should include other dieties; Buddha, Baal, the Horned God, etc.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Do you have a church near by?

Yes, I do.

5 (edited by Karson Fett Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:05 am)

Can you walk to it? or you could watch some preachers on TV. This is it for me to day. I be here friday.

the last time i went to church was easter 2005. plus ive been confirmed so i really don't need to go

I used to go all the time when I was a kid. I want to go now too, but I don't like any of the ones around here.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

I do not go to church. I was not raised in a religious household (I have not even been christened) and while I was at school religion was not a big part of it.

I became a Buddhist last year (though LOL I had been one for years without realising it) but I have not been to a Buddhist temple yet.

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]

I havent been to church in 14 years, I cant stand preachers. People always trying to force you to beleive what they beleive, Most hard core christians I know are the biggest jerks, they're homophobic, and if you play violent games you labaled(spelling) a sphyco path.

Religion doesnt matter to me, I beleive in god, I beleive in Heaven, I dont beleive in hell (earth is hell)

Your god won't be there to save you, or maybe I will

I do not go to church but to the Shambhala Meditation Center , a Tibetan Buddhist temple. Yes I am Buddhist; I have been (knowingly) Buddhist for a couple of years now. By the way, Devil Girl, I have never been christened or baptised either.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Jesse Fett wrote:

I havent been to church in 14 years, I cant stand preachers. People always trying to force you to beleive what they beleive, Most hard core christians I know are the biggest jerks, they're homophobic, and if you play violent games you labaled(spelling) a sphyco path.

Religion doesnt matter to me, I beleive in god, I beleive in Heaven, I dont beleive in hell (earth is hell)

Well you will.... you will. You don't want to go to hell. I 've been saved. Hell is gonna be horraid. My friend you need not listen to people who don't know how Heven will be. For God so loved the world he gave his only son than who so ever believe in him shall not die but live forever. John 3:16
God loves you my friend.

Well, I am a Christian, and I go to to church on a regular basis. Jesse, I can see why you don't care. Heck, I would not label someone a psycopath unless they were in a mental hospital. I play Halo 2, Oblivion, Perfect Dark, Ressistance, and a few other M Rated Games and it does not bother me or anyone else. Even our youth group in church has a monthly Halo 2 get-together online and we have fun. There apparently is nothing wrong with that.

Here is our church -> http://www.thefamilychristiancenter.com/pwsite/

"This IS my signature."

Im christian but I never go

Don't drink at gay parties.

I'm happy to see that Lord Revan. Would you like to help?

15 (edited by Miba Friday, June 29, 2007 11:55 am)

I'm Christian. I read Harry Potter and play violent video games. We're not all  strict. wink

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

16 (edited by Karson Fett Friday, June 29, 2007 11:59 am)

Hey so do I. Just because you are a chrisitian don't mean that you don't get to have fun!

17 (edited by cujo Friday, June 29, 2007 1:22 pm)

religion and morality r often subjective...which is why so many r disillusioned.
often "christians" wield their truth/judgement with all the subtlety of a bull in a china shop.

as for church no i do not attend, i do not seek a supportive community as i find my purpose(and i like sleep)- but i do read history and religion...and can hold my own in a room of theologians.
perhaps i am what they refer to as a "foxhole" christian.
i am spirital and often sit in the surf on my board looking at the sunset and feel as though i may never get closer to god than at that moment.
i dont mean to convey that i do not respect christians...some of my closest and wisest friends r and i have much respect for them.
...hmmm, yep thats enough heavy lifting today.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Sharra Fett wrote:

I do not go to church but to the Shambhala Meditation Center , a Tibetan Buddhist temple. Yes I am Buddhist; I have been (knowingly) Buddhist for a couple of years now. By the way, Devil Girl, I have never been christened or baptised either.

That is funky. I thought I would have been the only one here for some reason.

What is the difference between getting christened and baptised? I am sorry but I thought that they were different names to describe the same thing.

The most important thing that I need to learn at the moment is how to meditate. Things have got so hectic at the moment that I actually have a bald patch sad It is not huge but it is big enough and I hope that it does not get any bigger…I have decided that I like my hair.

That is a really good point cujo. I am like that as well. I find peace from walking in the woods and listening to the peace. I also love being by the sea and walking along the beach. I really hope I get the opportunity o move by the sea at some point (I am near the sea now but not close enough)

I'm not so sure what the difference is either just that Adults can get Baptised and saved while I've only heard about babies being christened. At any rate, I've been neither one. Sorry to hear things are tht hectic for you.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

well my official religion would be Roman Catholic. But hey, I do read fantasy and play violent video games. So what? They're not trying to corrupt me to be a bad person. Take Harry Potter for example, the idiots who try to get it banned always bring up two points: witchcraft and wicca. Wicca is a religion as well. Some major points of Wicca are in Christianity. Wicca existed long before Christianity, about 3,000 years before it. And I've read a Wiccan book. They're not all too different from Christians. Stuff like this has me not go to Church.

Oh, and adults can be christened as well.

Sharra Fett wrote:

I'm not so sure what the difference is either just that Adults can get Baptised and saved while I've only heard about babies being christened. At any rate, I've been neither one. Sorry to hear things are tht hectic for you.

Thanks. My eldest son is going through a challenging phase and not listening, running all over the place, not sleeping through the night etc LOL I can defiantly understand why sleep deprivation is used as torture. I think things will get much better if I learn how to relax more and not get so wound up so much.

I had a look on Wikipedia and from that basically christening and baptism are the same thing after all.

I am Babstist which is a form of Chritainity.  Being so I only believe there is one God. I am just glad none of you so far are  Satenaest. Saten being the arch enemy of God. Means he is out to get any body, he even timted Jesus! I also believe the Bible is true  all the through. Inthe end Saten will cast in the lake of fire along side the people he tricked. Revelation 20:10 says 'And the devil that  deceived them was cast in to the of fire and brimstone, where the beat and the false prophets are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.' So if you don't believe in Hell you better start. Become a Chirstain and repent of you sin and you will be save from Hell only if you act right and try to be a better person. Even Chistains sin. Romans 4:23 says 'For all have sined and come short of the glory of God;'

23 (edited by draco fett Saturday, June 30, 2007 2:22 pm)

You mean Satan, not Saten. Satanists do not worship Satan, they are athiests. They merely take Satan as their symbol.

While I agree about Christianity, this is not the place to tr to convert someone.

I used to go to church, 10 years or so ago. Can't remember it much. Most of my family is sortof Christian, though I think the term used was yesh-oo-an(That's how it's pronounced, dunno the spelling. Means follower of jesus I think). I'm agnostic though.

"Theres NOT a country in the world that Bush would not get BOOO'd at ....even if Bush went to Antarctica the penguins would demonstrate."-Darknovae, NS Forum