Re: Is Fett evil?

Miba wrote:

Exactly, remember KOTOR? I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't played it but: They didn't kill this person who had killed a lot of others, and that person went on to save the galaxy from an even worse fate. And this because this person wasn't killed for their crimes.

Well you see Miba, that might be relevant if we could kind of brainwash people and make them forget who they were and what they did. Your weak link is, we can't. And in lieu of this...we kill them. Painfully. Violently. Beautifully. And I love it.

Holy hell, I should be a poet.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

Re: Is Fett evil?

The Yautja wrote:

It's not an eye for an eye, it's justice.

And there is no greater good than Justice.

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

Re: Is Fett evil?

Sarin Kerivor wrote:
The Yautja wrote:

It's not an eye for an eye, it's justice.

And there is no greater good than Justice.

Justice isnt killing them tho. These people deserve to be punished for what they have done, and not a quick and easy punishment, like killing them, but rather a long one. Like life in jail.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

129 (edited by THE FLASH Saturday, March 18, 2006 4:49 pm)

Re: Is Fett evil?

SciFifreak90 wrote:
Miba wrote:

Exactly, remember KOTOR? I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't played it but: They didn't kill this person who had killed a lot of others, and that person went on to save the galaxy from an even worse fate. And this because this person wasn't killed for their crimes.

Well you see Miba, that might be relevant if we could kind of brainwash people and make them forget who they were and what they did. Your weak link is, we can't. And in lieu of this...we kill them. Painfully. Violently. Beautifully. And I love it.

Holy hell, I should be a poet.

How do you Beautifully kill someone?

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

You wanna find out? I could come up with a few nice examples.

For instance, I could go for the 'sweet spot'. Fourth Lumbard down, left of the spine, abdominal Aorta.

Or, a head shot, any headshot, whether at 3 meters of 3 hundred.

Or, one of my personal favorites: You slit their throat, deep, down into the windpipe. Then, you pull the tongue through the slit. Instant necktie.

Or, you could do it ritually. You get them on their knees (best done with two shooters), place the guns at the back of the head so they criss-cross in the braincase and exit through the eyes. Then you put coins in the now-empty sockets.

Every kill is beautiful in its own way.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

131 (edited by KudarMubat15 Saturday, March 18, 2006 6:03 pm)

Re: Is Fett evil?

Please people, start a new topic for killing and all that stuff so this topic can regain it's original purpose.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

Very well sai, I was just educating Mr. FLASH, who seems to lack knowledge in the realm of violence.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

Re: Is Fett evil?

hope this is ok KudarMubat 15

http://bobafett.com/boards/viewtopic.php?pid=3592#p3592

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

SciFifreak90 wrote:

Very well sai, I was just educating Mr. FLASH, who seems to lack knowledge in the realm of violence.

and as for violence, i have heard of all them, but i fail to see how they are beuatiful

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

THE FLASH wrote:

hope this is ok KudarMubat 15

http://bobafett.com/boards/viewtopic.php?pid=3592#p3592

Thank you. smile

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

your welcome, now lets get back to Boba

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

Agreed, I would like to get back to Boba too. smile I still say he's not evil, just inbetween good and evil.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Is Fett evil?

I say he's not evil, just trying to be good in all the wrong ways.  He needs an intervention.  wink

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Re: Is Fett evil?

I think that from a Biblical standpoint, he is evil. I think from a uniformitarian standpoint, that evil is nonexistant and therefore he is not evil. I think from a normal rebellion/empire standpoint, that he is neutral. (Even though he helped the Empire, he would have helped the Rebellion had they offered.)

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

Actually, speaking of biblicalness, there is a section in one of the Timothys (2 I think) where it says pretty much the exact same thing as the "there is no greater good than justice, and only if we follow justice and the law was made for those who are bad" I forget how it goes, the Jaster thing in the beginning of TOTBH. I'm not sure what difference that makes to this thread, just that the Justice quote-morality-thing is in the bible, only worded differently with some parts left out.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Is Fett evil?

Justice is good, and Fett does deal it out, but he is also criminalistic. He helps all sorts of criminals from the underworld, Jabba the Hutt being one of them.

One major problem is that in the original trilogy time period, a majority of the criminals were the good guys. The Jedi, the Rebellion, the ones fighting against evil. (Not all criminals were though, such as Jabba the Hutt.) The people who were trying to bring justice (such as the stormtroopers and such) were the bad guys in Star Wars. Was the Emporer not evil? He was no criminal. He was bringing his "justice" throughout the galaxy by wiping out the remainder of the Jedi knights. Were the Jedi evil? They were criminals to the Empire. So in a twisted society where some justice is evil and some criminals are good, what is good and what is evil?

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

To add to what Miba said, laws are made for the unjust, but give unto Caesar what is Caesar's.  So Biblically speaking, you're supposed to obey the laws unless they cause you to sin.  In this regard, Boba's motto definitely isn't Biblical.  However, I don't think Boba would be Biblically evil.  I think he's full of evil, as are all people, but he's not evil himself.  He's just extremely misguided.  To be truly evil, he would have to get a sadistic pleasure out of killing people, and he would be a bounty hunter solely for that reason.  Since he's a bounty hunter for the purposes of dealing out justice (good intentions, bad methods) and living an honorable life, I don't think he can be considered evil no matter how tremendous a sinner he may be.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Re: Is Fett evil?

KudarMubat15 wrote:

I think that from a Biblical standpoint, he is evil. I think from a uniformitarian standpoint, that evil is nonexistant and therefore he is not evil. I think from a normal rebellion/empire standpoint, that he is neutral. (Even though he helped the Empire, he would have helped the Rebellion had they offered.)

So . . . Why do you like him?

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Re: Is Fett evil?

The Yautja wrote:
KudarMubat15 wrote:

I think that from a Biblical standpoint, he is evil. I think from a uniformitarian standpoint, that evil is nonexistant and therefore he is not evil. I think from a normal rebellion/empire standpoint, that he is neutral. (Even though he helped the Empire, he would have helped the Rebellion had they offered.)

So . . . Why do you like him?

What does that have to do with anything? Why do people like Darth Maul? Or General Grievous? Or Darth Vader? Or Sith in general?


To add to what Miba said, laws are made for the unjust, but give unto Caesar what is Caesar's.  So Biblically speaking, you're supposed to obey the laws unless they cause you to sin.  In this regard, Boba's motto definitely isn't Biblical.  However, I don't think Boba would be Biblically evil.  I think he's full of evil, as are all people, but he's not evil himself.  He's just extremely misguided.  To be truly evil, he would have to get a sadistic pleasure out of killing people, and he would be a bounty hunter solely for that reason.  Since he's a bounty hunter for the purposes of dealing out justice (good intentions, bad methods) and living an honorable life, I don't think he can be considered evil no matter how tremendous a sinner he may be.

I think we are really still thinking of different kinds of evil. But it is oo hard for me to go on...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

KudarMubat15 wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? Why do people like Darth Maul? Or General Grievous? Or Darth Vader? Or Sith in general?

Because most of those people are, well, like me and SciFi.  But you made it clear that you're opposed to such beliefs.  And if you think Fett is evil . . . well I'm just confused.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Re: Is Fett evil?

i think people are drawn to a good villian tho.

For example one of my favorite media characters is Eric Cartman and that is one evil little b*****d.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

147 (edited by KudarMubat15 Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:16 pm)

Re: Is Fett evil?

The Yautja wrote:
KudarMubat15 wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? Why do people like Darth Maul? Or General Grievous? Or Darth Vader? Or Sith in general?

Because most of those people are, well, like me and SciFi.  But you made it clear that you're opposed to such beliefs.  And if you think Fett is evil . . . well I'm just confused.

I also said myself, "I am sticking to the video game wars myself." smile (If you are reffering to our war killing discussion)

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

148 (edited by Miba Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:48 pm)

Re: Is Fett evil?

BFFC Chrys wrote:

To add to what Miba said, laws are made for the unjust, but give unto Caesar what is Caesar's.  So Biblically speaking, you're supposed to obey the laws unless they cause you to sin.  In this regard, Boba's motto definitely isn't Biblical.  However, I don't think Boba would be Biblically evil.  I think he's full of evil, as are all people, but he's not evil himself.  He's just extremely misguided.  To be truly evil, he would have to get a sadistic pleasure out of killing people, and he would be a bounty hunter solely for that reason.  Since he's a bounty hunter for the purposes of dealing out justice (good intentions, bad methods) and living an honorable life, I don't think he can be considered evil no matter how tremendous a sinner he may be.

Thanks, I didn't think of that. smile And I mostly agree with the rest of your post too.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Is Fett evil?

THE FLASH wrote:

i think people are drawn to a good villian tho.

Exactly right.  Personally, I primarily go for the moody loners with traumatic pasts, but villains are my second favorite characters.  Anakin was totally cool in Ep. III, even though he was utterly horrifying.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Re: Is Fett evil?

I am also a fan of villians, but I also like anti-heros (that pretty much goes without saying on this board), and dopplegangers aswell, but NOT Jodo Kast.

take it easy baby take it as it comes