Topic: Rpgs And Boba

Okay, I don't mean to be sour, but I must.

Everyone is always posting rpgs on this site about Boba Fett vs whoever, and I have read so many of them where people think that Boba Fett would be beaten.

I hate this.

Boba Fett would win almost any fight, vs any person.

Everyone thinks so incredibly close minded, that they just picture Boba Fett fighting head on, like a fool.  In some scenarios this may be the best option, but Boba Fett is way smarter than that.

Super man for instance. 
Everyone would probably say that SuperMan would beat Boba because the only thing that hurts him is kryptonite. 

Well, I would say that it would be pretty freakin easy for Boba to get ahold of some kryptonite.

Boba Fett would win in almost any "fight" based on the fact that he is cunning, and smarter than your average head on shooter arsenal man (master chief).

Am I wrong?  Tell me if I'm wrong.  Tell me of one character that would beat Boba Fett...

Everyone dies.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.

2 (edited by Lord Revan Thursday, May 10, 2007 7:05 pm)

Re: Rpgs And Boba

Darth Revan. That's it.


Oh, and Venom...Just Cause... tongue

"This IS my signature."

Re: Rpgs And Boba

You got to keep in mind that Boba is still human, no matter how cunning or smart he is.  Even he can make a mistake and misjudge or miscalculate things. Remember the Sail Barge incident? Thought he could beat the blind guy and...you know the rest.

Also, putting the shoe on the other foot, isn't it a bit closed minded to say Boba would win every fight just because "He's cunning and smart?" I know that there's people out there that can match wits with him, perhaps even surpass him.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

4 (edited by cujo Friday, May 11, 2007 2:01 am)

Re: Rpgs And Boba

a half blind smuggler swinging a staff hap-hazardly...:P

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: Rpgs And Boba

I hope he has life insurance tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Rpgs And Boba

Lol but yeah i think he is right about Boba beaing able to beat most people.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

7 (edited by draco fett Friday, May 11, 2007 11:03 am)

Re: Rpgs And Boba

Mandalorian wrote:

Boba Fett would win in almost any "fight" based on the fact that he is cunning, and smarter than your average head on shooter arsenal man (master chief).

Am I wrong?  Tell me if I'm wrong.  Tell me of one character that would beat Boba Fett...

From what I've read, Master Chief is much more than just that.

I can name loads of characters that Fett could not best:
-Deadpool
-Yog-Sothoth
-Cthulhu
-Hastur
-Azathoth
-possibly Riddick
-Shub-Niggurath
-Cyäegha
-Nyarlathotep
-Bun-bun
-the Beyonder
-And of course any role Mr. T played.

Need I go on?

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Rpgs And Boba

Thylacine wrote:

You got to keep in mind that Boba is still human, no matter how cunning or smart he is.  Even he can make a mistake and misjudge or miscalculate things. Remember the Sail Barge incident? Thought he could beat the blind guy and...you know the rest.

Also, putting the shoe on the other foot, isn't it a bit closed minded to say Boba would win every fight just because "He's cunning and smart?" I know that there's people out there that can match wits with him, perhaps even surpass him.

Exactly what I was going to say. And too add to that, how can you say he would beat anyone!? Maybe a bit of a generalization that you either came up with without any thought, or you are much more close-minded than those you accuse. To answer your question: Who could beat Boba? Any Sith Marko Ragnos and back, Galacticus, any character from DBZ, Zeus (yes the mythical god), Mr. Universe, The Fourth Hokage, Superman (I don't care if he has kryptonite Superman is faster than sound, he's be dead in an instant), Oh and Patrick Swayze from Ghost.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Rpgs And Boba

So maybe I am close minded.  But I think that people don't give Boba enough credit.  I think it's a shame that I have to say this on the Boba Fett fan club too... 

I read that list you put Draco, and I didn't even recognize most of those names.  Sept for riddick, and I really don't think Riddick would stand a chance.

As for super man, if lex luthor can almost kill super man, then im sure that boba could finish the job.

Everyone dies.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.

Re: Rpgs And Boba

dont forget patrick swayze from road house!
the cantina had nothin on that crazy bar. tongue

...if i may quote the great al pacino "on any given sunday you can either win or loose."
point being that yeah- fett is a bada$$ in the truest sense of the word. but given the wrong venue or
set of situations. he could loose easily.
even the best fall-tiger woods, jordan, patrick swayze...all have had their bad days.

how bout fett in his vette vs. vin disel in his "fast and the furious" car. tongue

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: Rpgs And Boba

Ya, I Ilike that charger, It would most likely win. tongue

"This IS my signature."

Re: Rpgs And Boba

Mandalorian wrote:

So maybe I am close minded.  But I think that people don't give Boba enough credit.  I think it's a shame that I have to say this on the Boba Fett fan club too... 

I read that list you put Draco, and I didn't even recognize most of those names.  Sept for riddick, and I really don't think Riddick would stand a chance.

As for super man, if lex luthor can almost kill super man, then im sure that boba could finish the job.

How can you say we dont give him enough credit we even said he could put up a fight against Darth Bane possibly the greatest sith of all.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Rpgs And Boba

Mandalorian wrote:

So maybe I am close minded.  But I think that people don't give Boba enough credit.  I think it's a shame that I have to say this on the Boba Fett fan club too... 

I read that list you put Draco, and I didn't even recognize most of those names.  Sept for riddick, and I really don't think Riddick would stand a chance.

You are giving Boba too much credit.

Riddick is one of the greatest fighters created, he can pilot nearly any ship, and is extremely skilled with any weapon. Riddick certainly stands a chance.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Rpgs And Boba

Actually if you look on each and every matchup, there is at least 1 person who says "Fett just because" or "Fett because he is awesome." That is what you are saying here. And the reason we have those posts is because this is the Boba Fett Fan Club. If this was the Superman Fan Club (Jebus help us) then every post would have Superman winning in some way against unbeatable odds. The reason we have this forum is because people like to have friendly (or not so friendly) conversations with other fans. Why must you post a whole topic trying to bring down one of the most active parts of this message board? Because YOU think that Boba is the almighty himself? If anything, on this forum people give Boba too much credit. I've seen posts where members argue that Boba in Slave 1 could take out a fleet of Star Destroyers including their TIE escorts. If you believe that, you are glorifying him past recognizable belief.

Sure he is cunning, sure he is an expert marksman, and sure he is an amazing pilot. But does this make him able to take on ANYONE!!! NO! He is mortal.

Ps. If you don't know the names on Draco's list, look them up. 90% of them are immortals and demons, so please tell me how Boba would defeat them.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Rpgs And Boba

There is one not on the list that could beat Boba Fett.

As a matter of fact, he could beat anyone.

http://jesus.beliefnet.com/imgs/tout/section/jesus_jesus_mini.jpg

Re: Rpgs And Boba

Boba could not even touch, say, Yog-Sothoth. Yog-Sothoth could cease Boba fromever existing. Please sexplain how Boba could defeat him.

That is extremely blasphemous.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Rpgs And Boba

draco fett wrote:

-Cthulhu

I agree with that.

I used to play the role-playing game call of Cthulhu so have met and ran from Cthulhu on several occasions.

It is in fact my favourite role playing game (well the best that I have played so far)

Jedi photographer - May the focus be with me.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/devil_girl/]Photographs[/url]