Re: Is Fett evil?

THE FLASH wrote:

But why in the first place do you want to kill ppl

The feeling of power over them, I suppose.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Re: Is Fett evil?

it#s more than just pulling a trigger and bang. Everything that person is or was going to be is gone. Not only that, but the people who care about them and for them are having there lives torn apart. things like that never really heal. And then thats more lifes damaged or destroyed

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

The Yautja wrote:
THE FLASH wrote:

But why in the first place do you want to kill ppl

The feeling of power over them, I suppose.

But you lose that power once they are dead.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

104 (edited by The Yautja Friday, March 17, 2006 5:52 pm)

Re: Is Fett evil?

THE FLASH wrote:

it#s more than just pulling a trigger and bang. Everything that person is or was going to be is gone. Not only that, but the people who care about them and for them are having there lives torn apart. things like that never really heal. And then thats more lifes damaged or destroyed

I couldn't care less about their family or friends.  Like I said to someone else before, I have no sympathy or conscience for dead people, becuase I have steeled myself against such feelings.  I know there's alot of stuff about  people losing there nerves because of killing somone in books or movies.  Hate to break it to ya, but not everyone is like that.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Re: Is Fett evil?

So how about if the person you're trying to kill fights back and kills you? Then you'd have died cause you were trying to kill them...

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Is Fett evil?

Lets put it this way. How would you feel if you lost someone you cared about, like a parent, a sibling, a grandparter, a friend or a GF?

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

107 (edited by KudarMubat15 Friday, March 17, 2006 5:55 pm)

Re: Is Fett evil?

So how about if the person you're trying to kill fights back and kills you? Then you'd have died cause you were trying to kill them...

...and I am sure you wouldn't really care how your family and friends felt after that...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

108 (edited by The Yautja Friday, March 17, 2006 5:59 pm)

Re: Is Fett evil?

Miba wrote:

So how about if the person you're trying to kill fights back and kills you? Then you'd have died cause you were trying to kill them...

Well, what am I gonna do about it?  I'll be dead, remember?  Besides, If there's a war between me and them, they would shoot first given the chance, just as I would.  I'm not talking about murder here, people.

THE FLASH wrote:

Lets put it this way. How would you feel if you lost someone you cared about, like a parent, a sibling, a grandparter, a friend or a GF?

I'd want revenge, of course.  If you read the post I made some where else, I said i hade no empathy for strangers.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Re: Is Fett evil?

No matter what you call it, someone is dead. It's not like an xbox game where u just reload it and your alive agian.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

110 (edited by KudarMubat15 Friday, March 17, 2006 6:01 pm)

Re: Is Fett evil?

Though, in a war it is impossible to prevent people from dying. Unless you're the president or something...

But I'll just stick to video game wars myself.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

In a war it's inevitable, but my qualm is how easy some( a v.small minority) ppl on this board seem to be so at ease with the thought of themselves killing ppl, especialy when they seem to take some form of pleasure in it.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

THE FLASH wrote:

In a war it's inevitable, but my qualm is how easy some( a v.small minority) ppl on this board seem to be so at ease with the thought of themselves killing ppl, especialy when they seem to take some form of pleasure in it.

People are different.  Get used to it.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Re: Is Fett evil?

The Yautja wrote:
THE FLASH wrote:

In a war it's inevitable, but my qualm is how easy some( a v.small minority) ppl on this board seem to be so at ease with the thought of themselves killing ppl, especialy when they seem to take some form of pleasure in it.

People are different.  Get used to it.

Oh i know, but deep down you will never get any real pleasure from killing.

What can i say, i'm a lover not a fighting, and i'd rather get my pleasure from been with a beautiful woman than hurting someone any day.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

THE FLASH wrote:
The Yautja wrote:
THE FLASH wrote:

In a war it's inevitable, but my qualm is how easy some( a v.small minority) ppl on this board seem to be so at ease with the thought of themselves killing ppl, especialy when they seem to take some form of pleasure in it.

People are different.  Get used to it.

Oh i know, but deep down you will never get any real pleasure from killing.

What can i say, i'm a lover not a fighting, and i'd rather get my pleasure from been with a beautiful woman than hurting someone any day.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love women too. (No, not like that.  I may be many things, but I'm not a pervert.)   And I dont get a sadistic pleasure from killing, just a smug satisfaction that I'm better than they are.  I'm pretty sure they have a name for that.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Re: Is Fett evil?

Yajuta, I think we're going to get along just fine.

My good people, you call yourselves Mandalorians, yet you don't understand war. In war there is no empathy, no consideration for anyone's families or friends or loved ones. There is no talking, no negotiating on the battlefield. There's only you and your enemy and the better man walks away. The weak fall to the strong. It's the way of life. You hippies can cringe at this, but that's how it is and you can't deny it. Yeah, it'd be great if we could all live in peace. But we can't. There will always be war and there will always be those that must fight them.

My boyfriend's older brother is serving a second time in Iraq as we speak. Do you think he feels any remorse? No. And do you know why? Because at the end of the day it was them or him. They weren't about to lay down their arms and make friends, so why should he show them mercy? An army that would rather die than kill will not move the enemy to peace, it will make it easier for them to conquer.

Peace is certainly better than war. But when there is inevitably war, it's better to kill than be killed. You can accept this... or not.

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

Re: Is Fett evil?

KudarMubat15 wrote:

"Tracking someone down, pursuing him the width of the galaxy, capturing, transporting, killing anyone who had to be killed in order to get the job done---those things were all cold pleasures, to be savored as tests and confirmations of his own skills."

Good point, Kudar.  I don't have any good argument for that except to say that I think it was badly worded on the part of the author.  I don't think Boba gets pleasure from "killing anyone."  For example, remember how upset Little Boba was in Tales #18 when he helped Jango take out those rebels.  I don't think he'd show the same amount of sympathy in his adult life, but still, it would be surprising if every trace of it had been burned out of him.  I think the personality you have as a child stays with you, at least in some aspects.

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Re: Is Fett evil?

Is Fett evil? NO WAY in our point of veiw he is our hero. In any other point of veiw he would be.

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

Re: Is Fett evil?

Sarin Kerivor wrote:

Yajuta, I think we're going to get along just fine.

My good people, you call yourselves Mandalorians, yet you don't understand war. In war there is no empathy, no consideration for anyone's families or friends or loved ones. There is no talking, no negotiating on the battlefield. There's only you and your enemy and the better man walks away. The weak fall to the strong. It's the way of life. You hippies can cringe at this, but that's how it is and you can't deny it. Yeah, it'd be great if we could all live in peace. But we can't. There will always be war and there will always be those that must fight them.

My boyfriend's older brother is serving a second time in Iraq as we speak. Do you think he feels any remorse? No. And do you know why? Because at the end of the day it was them or him. They weren't about to lay down their arms and make friends, so why should he show them mercy? An army that would rather die than kill will not move the enemy to peace, it will make it easier for them to conquer.

Peace is certainly better than war. But when there is inevitably war, it's better to kill than be killed. You can accept this... or not.

Hell. Yes.

I'm too lazy to type up all my opinions and feelings about war and killing. So, I'm assuming, is The Yautja. So, we summarize: We like to kill. We like war, because it makes killing legal. We like killing legally, because we can kill without getting thrown into prison. Repeat.

Now Flash, maybe you're right, maybe I am, or we are, sick; you wouldn't be the first one to accuse me of it. Maybe not all soldiers love to kill, to be better, not just good enough. But I do, Yautja does, and we are going to have one hell of a time doing what we love. Maybe we'll die doing it, but with any luck we'll bag our limit in kills first. You kill, you die; it's war mate.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

Re: Is Fett evil?

Sarin Kerivor wrote:

Yajuta, I think we're going to get along just fine.

My good people, you call yourselves Mandalorians, yet you don't understand war. In war there is no empathy, no consideration for anyone's families or friends or loved ones. There is no talking, no negotiating on the battlefield. There's only you and your enemy and the better man walks away. The weak fall to the strong. It's the way of life. You hippies can cringe at this, but that's how it is and you can't deny it. Yeah, it'd be great if we could all live in peace. But we can't. There will always be war and there will always be those that must fight them.

My boyfriend's older brother is serving a second time in Iraq as we speak. Do you think he feels any remorse? No. And do you know why? Because at the end of the day it was them or him. They weren't about to lay down their arms and make friends, so why should he show them mercy? An army that would rather die than kill will not move the enemy to peace, it will make it easier for them to conquer.

Peace is certainly better than war. But when there is inevitably war, it's better to kill than be killed. You can accept this... or not.

For start, i dont call my self a mandalorian. I'm merely a life long fan of Boba. And it is better to be kill
than to killed, but it is better not to kill at all.

I even agree with the war in iraqi, because it was the right thing to do. Unless of course the war was all about oil, then it is wrong

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

Alright mate, I've had this talk with Arc Fett and Bobadude before. You need work on your grammar, and spelling, and communication in general. Because if you want to get your point across in an argument, like this one, you need to make sure we understand what you're saying. Because right now, I can't.

"it is better to be kill
than to killed, but it is better not to kill at all."

One, I could barely understand what you were saying. Two, if I did get that right, then I find that untrue in every way. Some people deserve to die, and even if they're not actively trying to kill you, I find it perfectly acceptable to put a bullet between their eyes.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

Re: Is Fett evil?

Sorry for any inconvenance, been dsyelix and all tho, i do tend to get words and letters mixed up.

No one deserves to die, not even child molesters, murderers or war criminals. Why? Because then you are just taking an eye for an eye. Now i belive in punishment for people's crimes, and harsh punishments, such as life in prison.

Another point is, for crimnals, like child molesters, murderers or war criminals etc, then killing them is letting them have an easy way out. It would be a better punishment for them to spend the rest of their lives in a tiny cell and then after decades of that, then dying.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

Sarin Kerivor wrote:

There's only you and your enemy and the better man walks away. The weak fall to the strong.

So it's all a battle of egos then?

THE FLASH wrote:

No one deserves to die, not even child molesters, murderers or war criminals. Why? Because then you are just taking an eye for an eye. Now i belive in punishment for people's crimes, and harsh punishments, such as life in prison.

Exactly, remember KOTOR? I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't played it but: They didn't kill this person who had killed a lot of others, and that person went on to save the galaxy from an even worse fate. And this because this person wasn't killed for their crimes.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Is Fett evil?

SciFifreak90 wrote:

Alright mate, I've had this talk with Arc Fett and Bobadude before. You need work on your grammar, and spelling, and communication in general. Because if you want to get your point across in an argument, like this one, you need to make sure we understand what you're saying. Because right now, I can't.

"it is better to be kill
than to killed, but it is better not to kill at all."

One, I could barely understand what you were saying. Two, if I did get that right, then I find that untrue in every way. Some people deserve to die, and even if they're not actively trying to kill you, I find it perfectly acceptable to put a bullet between their eyes.

My name is not Bobadude it is Boba Dude, you forgot the space.
(Please don't get mad at me.....again)

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

Re: Is Fett evil?

Sarin Kerivor wrote:

Yajuta, I think we're going to get along just fine.

My good people, you call yourselves Mandalorians, yet you don't understand war. In war there is no empathy, no consideration for anyone's families or friends or loved ones. There is no talking, no negotiating on the battlefield. There's only you and your enemy and the better man walks away. The weak fall to the strong. It's the way of life. You hippies can cringe at this, but that's how it is and you can't deny it. Yeah, it'd be great if we could all live in peace. But we can't. There will always be war and there will always be those that must fight them.

My boyfriend's older brother is serving a second time in Iraq as we speak. Do you think he feels any remorse? No. And do you know why? Because at the end of the day it was them or him. They weren't about to lay down their arms and make friends, so why should he show them mercy? An army that would rather die than kill will not move the enemy to peace, it will make it easier for them to conquer.

Peace is certainly better than war. But when there is inevitably war, it's better to kill than be killed. You can accept this... or not.

Yup, us cold-hearted types gotta stick together.

THE FLASH, sure, putting them in a cell is worse for them, but what happens if they escape?  We're not supposed to do what is worse for them, but what is best for all thems innocent types.  I thought you were all humanitarian and crap, so wouldn't you want them to have the easy way out?  It's not an eye for an eye, it's justice.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

125 (edited by KudarMubat15 Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:49 am)

Re: Is Fett evil?

This is getting too much out of hand... Those who speak of war, I suggest you start a new topic to carry on your conversation, instead of destroying this one.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]