Topic: RPG: In Space No One Can Hear You Scream - SW vs Aliens
Let's start with the usual, I have also added a fairly long intro...
1. You may create any character you want. However they must be either a clone trooper, clone Commando (limit of four) or a hired mercenary. Clarify their name and rank/species so others can follow their actions easily. I will be moderating.
2. You can kill characters you create but you can't kill other people's characters unless they say they have been killed in battle with you. However you can wound them... aliens are fair game, but remember they're no push over.
3. You can have any weapon you want but you can only have what your character could physically carry - otherwise they wouldn't be able to move.
4. Be consistent, eg if someone says they blew up a building, don't suddenly be assaulting it.
5. If you have sustained many wounds you will have to either get medical help or eventually die. In the case of acid splash, you will die unless misted or wearing armour.
6. Follow the storyline, sure add a few twists and turns but allow others to see where you want to go so they can help you get there.
7. If you haven't seen the Alien films please check out this website so you have an understanding of the creature and it's lifecycle: http://www.planetavp.com/al/Biology/LifeCycle/
8. Don't bring the Queen into the story straight away. Let the suspense build.
9. Have fun.
Let us begin...
The sound of sirens echoed through the Notorious Force, the ship clearly failing. Lights blinked on an off with the surging power. Steam was building as the engine continued to burn. Atmosphere was leaking from the ship and there was no help in site.
The metallic scent of blood clung to the air as Milani Gnotnae reloaded her blaster pistol with a fresh energy cell. The deep gash in her upper arm was finally starting to clot, even though her blood was pumping alarmingly fast through her veins.
She was the last and she knew that didnÃ¢Â€Â™t matter. She was going to die too. The ship was too far away from base and too far away from help. The core would melt down eventually even if she did manage to stay alive long enough to witness it.
Milani noticed her knuckles were white as she held the blaster pistol. It was the last functioning weapon.
It was then that she heard the faint hiss. Her first instinct was to look up, that was how many of the others had been taken. Sure enough a large alien sat coiled ready to strike. Its elongated head gleamed each time the lights flickered on. A tendril of drool dripped slowly from its mouth and its finger-length teeth parted.
Milani didnÃ¢Â€Â™t hesitate, she fired. However she made the mistake of aiming at the head. She must have hit an artery as yellowish blood spurted from its head. Milani immediately jumped back, knowing that the blood was as dangerous as the beast, for its blood was acid.
Even as Milani jumped back, droplets of acid touched her boots. She ripped them off as the leather toes were eaten away by the potent liquid.
With her attention diverted, Milani didnÃ¢Â€Â™t notice the movement behind her. A small cream coloured creature that looked like a large spider with a tail moved in. The crew had been attacked by them first. Milani heard the scuttle turned and fired but the face hugger launched itself in the air and landed on her shoulder. Milani tried to push it off but its coil-like tail was already around her throat.
Milani knew what these things did. They impregnated their victim with the embryo that later became the adult. Of course the host died during the Ã¢Â€ÂœbirthÃ¢Â€Â. Milani did the only thing she had left to do. She raised the blaster to her head and fired.
The small moon was only known as E34-JC. From the surface it appeared untouched and uninhabited. But like most things, you need to look beyond first appearances to understand what was really going on.
Close to the Southern Pole there was what appeared to be a large crater. It was actually a cover for a landing bay and entrance to a secret base.
Darth Sidious looked at the hologram once again with hungry intent. Dooku stood at his right awaiting a response from his master.
Ã¢Â€ÂœThey found the Notorious Force, or whatÃ¢Â€Â™s left of it, in the Corellian Sector. Nothing was left alive.Ã¢Â€Â Sidious hissed, clearly annoyed.
Ã¢Â€ÂœShall we send a more experienced party this time, my Lord?Ã¢Â€Â Dooku queried.
Ã¢Â€ÂœNo.Ã¢Â€Â Sidious said simply. Ã¢Â€ÂœLetÃ¢Â€Â™s leave it to the Republic to handle it. I have a feeling that a platoon of Clone Troopers and a Squad of Commandos will suddenly have a new mission, along with a few mercenaries for hire. No one will miss them if they suddenly disappear.Ã¢Â€Â
Dooku raised a brow, Ã¢Â€ÂœWhat will their mission be?Ã¢Â€Â
Ã¢Â€ÂœTo capture the facility or more importantly return a specimen of the creature they are breeding down there.Ã¢Â€Â Sidious cooed evilly.
Ã¢Â€ÂœWhat exactly are these creatures?Ã¢Â€Â Dooku asked, hoping for an answer.
Sidious grinned, Ã¢Â€ÂœThey are death to whoever crosses their path.Ã¢Â€Â
Dooku nodded understanding, Ã¢Â€ÂœA powerful weapon against our enemies.Ã¢Â€Â
Ã¢Â€ÂœIndeed.Ã¢Â€Â Sidious replied.
The message was cryptic, but then they often were. Commander Cody was to arrange a secret mission for his clones. What was also strange was the fact that extra mercenaries were also to be encouraged to assist. Cody didnÃ¢Â€Â™t like wildcards amongst his troops. But orders were orders.
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...