Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Thylacine wrote:

Not to be a party pooper, but haven't we all ready had multiple conversations about this?

Well than 1 more will only add to the flames of our passionate discussions =P.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

In TBHW it also says Boba has amazing reflexes so it wouldnt just be about strength as Fetterthanyou said. Boba deffinatly has some strength he knockes Dengar across the cabin of slave 1 with one strike in Hard Merchandise and lets not forget Dengar has inharnced strength and speed.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

So? Even Bossk has beaten Boba before. Boba sucks. Just kidding! smile

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

29 (edited by IG-88 Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:22 am)

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

When did Bossk beat Boba. If you mean what i think you mean that wasnt a fight.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Yeah! When DID Bossk beat Boba? I didn't read of anyone saying that. Further, while he may not seem as impressive as Boba I would hardly call Jango disappointing. Jango did accomplish a lot in his time and Boba expaned from there.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

31 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:07 pm)

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

draco fett wrote:

Well, that could just be the actor, Gustavo.

Yeah, so. Jango is still probably stronger than Boba.

Fetterthanyou wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

Well visably Jango looks much stronger. Of course Boba is cooler, but I'll have to give brute strength to Jango.

Look at the Terminator movies, and look at Arnold. Then look at Bruce Lee. First impression, Arnold is huge... ala he would kick Bruce Lee's ***? Never. It doesn't come down to strength or looks, it comes down to skills and tactics.

If you noticed, I didn't say Jango would kick Boba's ***. I merely said Jango was stronger than Boba. Perhaps you should pay attention to detail.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

32 (edited by cujo Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:32 pm)

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

bossk is a freak lizard with a great deal more strength than a human, wookies and trandoshians(not sure on spelling) are an even match. boba is a quick thinker, and will outsmart most opponents, jango is a bit more reckless, but anybody who can hold there own against obi, is a force to be reckoned with.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
draco fett wrote:

Well, that could just be the actor, Gustavo.

Yeah, so. Jango is still probably stronger than Boba.

Fetterthanyou wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

Well visably Jango looks much stronger. Of course Boba is cooler, but I'll have to give brute strength to Jango.

Look at the Terminator movies, and look at Arnold. Then look at Bruce Lee. First impression, Arnold is huge... ala he would kick Bruce Lee's ***? Never. It doesn't come down to strength or looks, it comes down to skills and tactics.

If you noticed, I didn't say Jango would kick Boba's ***. I merely said Jango was stronger than Boba. Perhaps you should pay attention to detail.

Jango is probably stronger than Boba ey where's the proof?

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

i think jango would be a good mandalore and boba should go on doing his thing. also with the jedi head decorating the slave 1? "shudder, shudder" i thought boba would be the type not to have to show off his awsome skills, and i think he would have like collected there lightsabers or something

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Yeah he did collect there lightsabers i think that comic is only partly canon but there are lots of referances to Boba killing Jedi.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Commander Appo wrote:
IG-88 wrote:
Humorbot5 wrote:

Well in Bloodlines it kind of shows what kind of Mandalore Boba is being....

he doesn't know the language for a start which although isn't a major problem shows how much he's actually interested in learning about his culture...
He doesn't really go on campaigns with his Mandalorians or lead them as Mandalore the Ultimate or Indomtiable did.... (Apart from of course in the Yuuzhan Vong War)

He doesn't go to the planet very often.

It occurs to me that Mandalorians would prefer a life with the risk of being wiped out at every turn... Thats why when they were defeated in the Mandalorian Wars they did not hate Revan but instead admired him for beating them....Although he didn't wipe them out....

There wernt any other wars as far as i know.

Boba deffinatly has killed Jedi not necceceralyl with his bare hands but he could since his hand to hand combat skills are better than Jangos.

Actually, Jango was physically stronger than Boba is, and Jango's hand-to-hand combat skills are better. But I don't really like Jango much anymore..... he seems kinda weak to me now.....after what I read about him........

Now hold on just one bleeding moment.  jango is NOT by ANY means even CLOSE to being stronger than Boba.  Boba's an exact clone, he could only be stronger, since his strength training started at an earlier age than Jango.  In fact, in the book jango fett vs. the razor eaters, Jango said Boba was stronger than he had been as a kid, so it only makes sense to assume Boba would be stronger than Jango as an adult as well.  And as far as Bossk beating Boba goes, that's total B.S, in the shadows of the empire comic, Bossk tries to corner Boba, and Boba promptly socks Bossk in the face, quickly flooring him.  What does that tell you about how strong Boba is?

SF

Boba: Lord Vader, I bring good news.--Vader: You have captured Solo?--Boba: No.--Vader: Then what is it?--Boba: I just saved 15% on starship insurance by switching to Geiko! {MW}

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

That tells me that Boba can knock out Bossk, not that he is stronger than Bossk.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

He didnt say Boba was stronger.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

I think Jango was awsome ,but Boba is a little better.

Don't drink at gay parties.

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Spider-Fett wrote:
Commander Appo wrote:
IG-88 wrote:

There wernt any other wars as far as i know.

Boba deffinatly has killed Jedi not necceceralyl with his bare hands but he could since his hand to hand combat skills are better than Jangos.

Actually, Jango was physically stronger than Boba is, and Jango's hand-to-hand combat skills are better. But I don't really like Jango much anymore..... he seems kinda weak to me now.....after what I read about him........

Now hold on just one bleeding moment.  jango is NOT by ANY means even CLOSE to being stronger than Boba.  Boba's an exact clone, he could only be stronger, since his strength training started at an earlier age than Jango.  In fact, in the book jango fett vs. the razor eaters, Jango said Boba was stronger than he had been as a kid, so it only makes sense to assume Boba would be stronger than Jango as an adult as well.  And as far as Bossk beating Boba goes, that's total B.S, in the shadows of the empire comic, Bossk tries to corner Boba, and Boba promptly socks Bossk in the face, quickly flooring him.  What does that tell you about how strong Boba is?

SF

NO, I meant it like if Boba and Jango were arm wrestling, Jango would win. Not in a fight, by any means, but Jango has stronger muscles. It even said that on the Wookieepedia and/or Wikipedia.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Commander Appo wrote:

NO, I meant it like if Boba and Jango were arm wrestling, Jango would win. Not in a fight, by any means, but Jango has stronger muscles. It even said that on the Wookieepedia and/or Wikipedia.

Wikis are not trust worthy at all.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

IG-88 wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:
draco fett wrote:

Well, that could just be the actor, Gustavo.

Yeah, so. Jango is still probably stronger than Boba.

Fetterthanyou wrote:

Look at the Terminator movies, and look at Arnold. Then look at Bruce Lee. First impression, Arnold is huge... ala he would kick Bruce Lee's ***? Never. It doesn't come down to strength or looks, it comes down to skills and tactics.

If you noticed, I didn't say Jango would kick Boba's ***. I merely said Jango was stronger than Boba. Perhaps you should pay attention to detail.

Jango is probably stronger than Boba ey where's the proof?

Where is the proof that Boba is stronger? Also, Jango is stronger because I remember reading somewhere that Boba did no train that much physically because he believes in wit over muscle.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

While that may be true, Boba is also still alive, so maybe there is something to this "Brain over Brawn" thing.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

I did not say there was proof Boba is stronger  but being able to floor a Trandoshan isnt somthing you can do unless your strong. Boba is suposed to be a master of the fighting style terasi kai.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

IG-88 wrote:

I did not say there was proof Boba is stronger  but being able to floor a Trandoshan isnt somthing you can do unless your strong. Boba is suposed to be a master of the fighting style terasi kai.

It definately does take some effort to drop a Trando. Especially one like Bossk.

And just because Boba decided to be smart, doesn't mean he wasn't strong. There is no evidence (that I know of, but I'm guessing it never says "Boba lifted the rock, but Jango could not have") either way on the subject of actual strength. But then again, it doesn't matter who is in fact stronger. Jango had his redeaming points, although Draco would argue that statement, and I wouldn't say he was "dissapointing." But don't start making up facts about how he is stronger to try to plead his case, use evidence.

ps. IG-88 I think you mean teras kasi. The unarmed figthing style that balances both offense and defense.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Yeah thats it smile. But basically i would say Jango is disapointing but in some ways he's ok thats my oppinion.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

47 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Saturday, March 3, 2007 7:15 pm)

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

I think peole are thinking that I'm saying Jango is better than Boba because he's stronger. I'm not. In fact I strongly support wit over muscle. Also just because I'm saying Jango is stronger doesn't mean that Boba is as weak. In fact Boba is almost as strong as Jango. Oh and for the record, Jango could beat up a trandoshan too. But I will admit this as well, Jango's overall talent isn't that great when compared to Bobas talent, but Jango was still a great warrior.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

I think peole are thinking that I'm saying Jango is better than Boba because he's stronger. I'm not. In fact I strongly support wit over muscle. Also just because I'm saying Jango is stronger doesn't mean that Boba is as weak. In fact Boba is almost as strong as Jango. Oh and for the record, Jango could beat up a trandoshan too. But I will admit this as well, Jango's overall talent isn't that great when compared to Bobas talent, but Jango was still a great warrior.

I didn't think that, I was just wondering how you knew that Jango is stronger. I just wondered where you got that information from.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Fetterthanyou wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

I think peole are thinking that I'm saying Jango is better than Boba because he's stronger. I'm not. In fact I strongly support wit over muscle. Also just because I'm saying Jango is stronger doesn't mean that Boba is as weak. In fact Boba is almost as strong as Jango. Oh and for the record, Jango could beat up a trandoshan too. But I will admit this as well, Jango's overall talent isn't that great when compared to Bobas talent, but Jango was still a great warrior.

I didn't think that, I was just wondering how you knew that Jango is stronger. I just wondered where you got that information from.

Not trying to be rude, I wasn't pointing you out specifically.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
draco fett wrote:

Well, that could just be the actor, Gustavo.

Yeah, so. Jango is still probably stronger than Boba.

Fetterthanyou wrote:
Gustavo_Perez wrote:

Well visably Jango looks much stronger. Of course Boba is cooler, but I'll have to give brute strength to Jango.

Look at the Terminator movies, and look at Arnold. Then look at Bruce Lee. First impression, Arnold is huge... ala he would kick Bruce Lee's ***? Never. It doesn't come down to strength or looks, it comes down to skills and tactics.

If you noticed, I didn't say Jango would kick Boba's ***. I merely said Jango was stronger than Boba. Perhaps you should pay attention to detail.

well Gustavo, boba is jango's clone (obviously) so wouldnt that mean that there equally in strenght size and wieght? plus boba is always wearing armour you never really get a look at his muscles

"The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous- suicidal! You will die as each Arbiter has before you! The council will have their corpse."-(Halo 2), The High Prophet of Mercy