Topic: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

As I was reading over some comments on Jango Fett's character, I came across such comments as "He was puny, pathetic." Now please forgive me if this is not the exact quote, but I believe the point has been undoubtedly made, some consider Jango "pathetic". I don't expect Jango to be as cold and ruthless as his son by any means, they are two separate sentient beings. Keep in mind Jango was indeed commander of the Mandalore army and had developed himself a name, which at that time, was almost equal to Boba Fett's title in his own period. Jango was not "puny or pathetic" by any means, just not the supperb equal his son would later become.

To look into that helmet's concealing visor was to meet a gaze as ruthless and unsentimental as his own...-Prince Xizor

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

I am certain that the Jango insulting posts that you read are mine, and I never once said that he was puny. Did you notice that nearly all of the Mandalorians lead by Jango were slain?

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Jango was certainly a better Mandalore....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

How so? Boba's Mandalorians did not get wiped out.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Well in Bloodlines it kind of shows what kind of Mandalore Boba is being....

he doesn't know the language for a start which although isn't a major problem shows how much he's actually interested in learning about his culture...
He doesn't really go on campaigns with his Mandalorians or lead them as Mandalore the Ultimate or Indomtiable did.... (Apart from of course in the Yuuzhan Vong War)

He doesn't go to the planet very often.

It occurs to me that Mandalorians would prefer a life with the risk of being wiped out at every turn... Thats why when they were defeated in the Mandalorian Wars they did not hate Revan but instead admired him for beating them....Although he didn't wipe them out....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

i agree w/humorbot.... one of the mandalorians (think his names beviin or something?) tells fett right to his face that he's a bad mandalore....

blarg.blargblargblarg. blarga.

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

In Jango's time the Mandalorians were alreay being wiped off the face of the galaxy from what i understand. It was inevitable that the Mando'a would be darned eventually.
I don't think Jango is puny or some little moron off in the cornor doodling somthing.
I'm just hoping this doesn't turn out to be some flaming arguement considering our different view on things.

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Jango has bested and slain Jedi Masters in single combat. They're aren't many who can boast that ability.

"Reality is a nice place to visit... but I wouldn't want to live there."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

But Boba has to from what i hear.

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

i hope thats something they'll show in the star wars tv show.... boba hunting down jedi.... killing hundreds of the little bastards...

blarg.blargblargblarg. blarga.

11 (edited by Humorbot5 Sunday, November 26, 2006 1:19 pm)

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

djchicken wrote:

i agree w/humorbot.... one of the mandalorians (think his names beviin or something?) tells fett right to his face that he's a bad mandalore....

Exactly. I don't think there is much argument to say that Boba is a better Mandalore than Jango...

That doesn't mean Boba isn't a greater Bounty Hunter or a better fighter... Just not as good a Mandalore.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

totally agree.

blarg.blargblargblarg. blarga.

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Has Boba killed Jedi Knights or Masters? I'm not up to speed on Boba in the EU. Who did he waste?

"Reality is a nice place to visit... but I wouldn't want to live there."

14 (edited by draco fett Sunday, November 26, 2006 5:29 pm)

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

The Slave I's walls were decorated with Jedi heads.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Has Boba killed Jedi with his bare hands like Jango had in Open Seasons? I'm not sure if it was mentioned anywhere or not.

I turned my back, grabbed my gak, and guess what I told him 'fore I shot him...

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Humorbot5 wrote:

Well in Bloodlines it kind of shows what kind of Mandalore Boba is being....

he doesn't know the language for a start which although isn't a major problem shows how much he's actually interested in learning about his culture...
He doesn't really go on campaigns with his Mandalorians or lead them as Mandalore the Ultimate or Indomtiable did.... (Apart from of course in the Yuuzhan Vong War)

He doesn't go to the planet very often.

It occurs to me that Mandalorians would prefer a life with the risk of being wiped out at every turn... Thats why when they were defeated in the Mandalorian Wars they did not hate Revan but instead admired him for beating them....Although he didn't wipe them out....

There wernt any other wars as far as i know.

Boba deffinatly has killed Jedi not necceceralyl with his bare hands but he could since his hand to hand combat skills are better than Jangos.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

draco fett wrote:

The Slave I's walls were decorated with Jedi heads.

What?! When? I had always thought it would be cool if the braids that Fett wore were from padawans instead of Wookies, but...heads? I don't know about who created that concept.

I like Jango. Not as much as Boba Fett, and I most likely never will. But I think Jango, though not cool in every way, was cool in his own, confident, violent, simple kind of way. He had some pretty cool accomplishments and has been depicted pretty well in a few places (some more than others).

I know it's not the popular theory, but I still think he's pretty cool.

And I like the theory that Boba Fett didn't obsess over the Mandalorians and the culture. He is Boba Fett. It wasn't a need or requirement and any army that cannot function without the exact presence of their leader, probably shouldn't be fighting in the first place. Besides...

At the end of it all...I'd like to think Boba Fett would stand alone.

...*sigh*...Everyone tends to see and view the characters in their favorite light, and there are so very many different interpretations...

"A thousand years of space and time and I have never come across anyone wasn't important." -- Doctor Who

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

IG-88 wrote:
Humorbot5 wrote:

Well in Bloodlines it kind of shows what kind of Mandalore Boba is being....

he doesn't know the language for a start which although isn't a major problem shows how much he's actually interested in learning about his culture...
He doesn't really go on campaigns with his Mandalorians or lead them as Mandalore the Ultimate or Indomtiable did.... (Apart from of course in the Yuuzhan Vong War)

He doesn't go to the planet very often.

It occurs to me that Mandalorians would prefer a life with the risk of being wiped out at every turn... Thats why when they were defeated in the Mandalorian Wars they did not hate Revan but instead admired him for beating them....Although he didn't wipe them out....

There wernt any other wars as far as i know.

Boba deffinatly has killed Jedi not necceceralyl with his bare hands but he could since his hand to hand combat skills are better than Jangos.

Actually, Jango was physically stronger than Boba is, and Jango's hand-to-hand combat skills are better. But I don't really like Jango much anymore..... he seems kinda weak to me now.....after what I read about him........

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Boba does rely on his mind more than Jango did, but how do you know that Jango is stronger? Gojan, the heads were in a comic.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

I read that there are only a handfull of men who could beat Boba in hand to hand combat.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

1. That was about Boba exclusivly, so you cannot compare that to Jango.
2. What you read was Solo saying "There are only a handful of people who can beat Fett in a fair fight."
3. The quote was in a semi-canon "Tales" comic.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

22 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:21 pm)

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

draco fett wrote:

Boba does rely on his mind more than Jango did, but how do you know that Jango is stronger? Gojan, the heads were in a comic.

Well visably Jango looks much stronger. Of course Boba is cooler, but I'll have to give brute strength to Jango.

IG-88 wrote:

I read that there are only a handfull of men who could beat Boba in hand to hand combat.

Name 3.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Well, that could just be the actor, Gustavo.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Gustavo_Perez wrote:

Well visably Jango looks much stronger. Of course Boba is cooler, but I'll have to give brute strength to Jango.

Look at the Terminator movies, and look at Arnold. Then look at Bruce Lee. First impression, Arnold is huge... ala he would kick Bruce Lee's ***? Never. It doesn't come down to strength or looks, it comes down to skills and tactics.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango Fett...Dissapointing...hmmm...

Not to be a party pooper, but haven't we all ready had multiple conversations about this?

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars