Re: Is Fett evil?

Well, most of the bounties occur in the Outer Rim, which is not official part of the Republic/Empire. So out there its more where the scum of the galaxy congregate, where most Galatic Laws are either not enforced, or do not apply.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: Is Fett evil?

Lt. Gay Ellis wrote:

I think it's pointless to argue whether or not someone is evil when it's pretty clear that in the place they're living in, assasination and bounty hunting of this sort are legal.

Remember, in our world (at least in most countries on this planet), bounty hunting is only legal when the target is a fugitive who's skipped bail, and I think the bail bondsman may even need to go to court to get approval.  The whole "bring in this guy I don't like" thing if STRICTLY illegal here.

So I guess I don't think he's evil.  In a place where there's little or no accountability or rule of law, how can he be?

Being evil has nothing to do with what is legal and what is not. What you are saying means the Emporer wasn't evil. He wasn't doing anything against the law, but he was very evil.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

alright hes neutral but still think about it killing for money

What if he doesn't survive?He's worth alot to me

Re: Is Fett evil?

Maybe,Jaster said it,but I clearly remember it in one of The Mandalorian Armor,SlaveOne,and Hard Merchandice bookseries thing when Boba has a flash back on his trial on Concord Dawn.And he went to Concord Dawn on orders given by Jango.
MACE IS THE MOST EVIL JEDI BY FAR!!!!!
Oh any questions on'hunting watch Dog the BOountyHunter,but forthelifeofme I cant remember what channel,where's TV Guide when ya need em?

They say that dreamers are an extinct breed. I say they're wrong.

55 (edited by KudarMubat15 Monday, February 27, 2006 4:34 am)

Re: Is Fett evil?

Atinvod wrote:

Maybe,Jaster said it,but I clearly remember it in one of The Mandalorian Armor,SlaveOne,and Hard Merchandice bookseries thing when Boba has a flash back on his trial on Concord Dawn.And he went to Concord Dawn on orders given by Jango.
MACE IS THE MOST EVIL JEDI BY FAR!!!!!

Nope, Jango is in none of those books. Nor does Boba have a flashback to being at Concord Dawn in them. He does however have a flashback to Concord Dawn in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, but I haven't read that book yet. Still, Jango couldn't be in it, because it was written far, far, before Jango was even invented.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

Miba wrote:

Oh, I know all that backstory, I read Open Seasons over about three or four times. But I thought I'd read somewhere OL what I said up there.

Anyway, as for the armor, Boba does get ahold of all the Mandalorian armor he finds, and he must have gotten ahold of Jasters cause the New Essential Guide to Characters says, "He possessed Jango's reflexes, Jango's ship, Slave I, and a set of Mandalorian armor that had once belonged to Jaster Mereel, his father's mentor." But earlier on, kid-Boba wore Jango's armor and then after a while he repainted it. We have yet to find out how he gets Jaster's armor.

I think that Jango had his own set of armor. Then when Jango was killed boba took it off of Jango and used it. At the time he would have been to small to use the armor at all, so he used the helmet. I read the Boba Fett series of books that what I think where boba got the armor, and he did repaint Jango's armor.

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

Re: Is Fett evil?

Boba Dude wrote:
Miba wrote:

Oh, I know all that backstory, I read Open Seasons over about three or four times. But I thought I'd read somewhere OL what I said up there.

Anyway, as for the armor, Boba does get ahold of all the Mandalorian armor he finds, and he must have gotten ahold of Jasters cause the New Essential Guide to Characters says, "He possessed Jango's reflexes, Jango's ship, Slave I, and a set of Mandalorian armor that had once belonged to Jaster Mereel, his father's mentor." But earlier on, kid-Boba wore Jango's armor and then after a while he repainted it. We have yet to find out how he gets Jaster's armor.

I think that Jango had his own set of armor. Then when Jango was killed boba took it off of Jango and used it. At the time he would have been to small to use the armor at all, so he used the helmet. I read the Boba Fett series of books that what I think where boba got the armor, and he did repaint Jango's armor.

Yeah. Perhaps we will find out how he aquired Jaster's in that new TV series...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

I hope it's good!

"He's no good to me dead."- Boba Fett

Re: Is Fett evil?

Boba with the help of Anakin, repainted the armor green

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

In the one-hundred percent Fett issue of Star Wars: Tales he has Jango's unpainted armor.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Is Fett evil?

i forgot about that. If u look at Boba's profile on wookiepedia tho it does say that he repaints the armor. Lets just asume that Jango had more than one set of armor

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

THE FLASH wrote:

i forgot about that. If u look at Boba's profile on wookiepedia tho it does say that he repaints the armor. Lets just asume that Jango had more than one set of armor

It is also possible that the pait simply wore away, as he does have numerous sets of armor.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Is Fett evil?

Both of the Fett's are just the ideal imbodyment of the Capitalist economic system.  He is only trying to make a living doing what he does best, and overall it is "for the good of the Galaxy," someone has to the dirty work right?  And as far as his personality changes from "get im dad" to ruthless bounty hunter, I think it all has to do with the scene where he's on his knees holding his father's helmet, after Mace Windu decapitated him.  That's the moment that the galaxy's greatest and most feared bounty hunter is born.  I mean he had no mother and all of Jango's relatives were murdered, he was left alone, and trained in the mandalorian ways, he took up his fathers armor and did what he was spawned for: continuing Jango's Legacy.

Re: Is Fett evil?

He isn't good or evil, he's just making money.

"As you wish."-Boba Fett

Re: Is Fett evil?

Not just for money sai, he deals justice. One who kills for money is by definition also evil.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

Re: Is Fett evil?

What people forget is that the morals and vertues are slighty different in the star wars universe than in the real world. What is moraly ambigous in the star wars universe could be a major issue in the real world. For example:Cloning

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Is Fett evil?

I don't think that Boba is good or evil. Most Star Wars fans seem to see in two colors: black and white. We forget the shades of gray in between. Boba Fett is what he is. He's one of those questions without an answer. Fett has dealt justice for some sentients of questionable alignments, but it was still justice. He's an impartial force, and gives his allegiance to only one cause. This cause isn't dark or light, it's justice, and both these extremes need it. Thus he will serve both for the right amount of money.

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

68 (edited by Dervish Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:24 am)

Re: Is Fett evil?

I liked how "Bounty Hunter" painted Jango to be an honorable individual (despite 1-2 ruthless kills). I would be inclined to think that Boba would take after Jango in many ways. I agree with several people that Boba Fett is not good or evil. There were only a few exceptional people who really saw the Empire as something that needed to be stopped. Some like aliens had good motivations, thus, you saw a lot of Wookiees or Mon Calamari go Rebel.

However, one can't take Fett's lack of empathy or affinity for the Rebel Alliance to be instant evil. He was simply a human being who saw the Empire as authority. The first thing the Empire did was hunt down the Jedi ruthlessly. The 2nd most powerful and prominent Jedi Master in the galaxy decapitated his father. So he must have seen the Empire as a good thing.

Re: Is Fett evil?

Sarin Kerivor wrote:

Most Star Wars fans seem to see in two colors: black and white. We forget the shades of gray in between.

I think it's not just SW fans, it's the most the population of Earth. wink

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Is Fett evil?

I see Boba Fett as fitting the description of an anti-hero.  At first glance he appears to be a villian, and you will usually find him associated with evil.  An in-depth look, however, reveals there is alot more to Fett. 
(I feel like I'm doing an essay)  He does not 'kill' for money, he delivers bounties for money, and he is capable of mercy.
  He does kill alot though, for self defence and justice reasons, (Which is what makes him so appealing to me) but I do not think he is malicious or evil.

If ya love me . . .And ya know me . . . And ya've seen me . . .
I'm Old Gregggggggg!

Re: Is Fett evil?

I think evil entails some degree of malice, like The Yajuta said. And Boba Fett would never kill without a perfectly good reason, unlike, say, Bossk, whom we have seen kill simply because he can.

By the way, I hear there's a Bossk Lover's Club out there. I say we declare war... *grumble*

"There is no greater good than justice," -Boba Fett

Re: Is Fett evil?

Sarin Kerivor wrote:

I think evil entails some degree of malice, like The Yajuta said. And Boba Fett would never kill without a perfectly good reason, unlike, say, Bossk, whom we have seen kill simply because he can.

By the way, I hear there's a Bossk Lover's Club out there. I say we declare war... *grumble*

I agree, and will supply thr weapons!

take it easy baby take it as it comes

73 (edited by KudarMubat15 Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:15 am)

Re: Is Fett evil?

I think if someone wanted someone else dead, and there was a good price for it, Boba would kill him. (Him being the person under bounty.) This, is what makes him evil. He will kill people, or torture people for money. He himself may not do the torturing, but that is usually what happens when he captures someone alive and he knows it. That is greed, murder, and torture. That is pretty bad.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Is Fett evil?

draco fett wrote:
Sarin Kerivor wrote:

I think evil entails some degree of malice, like The Yajuta said. And Boba Fett would never kill without a perfectly good reason, unlike, say, Bossk, whom we have seen kill simply because he can.

By the way, I hear there's a Bossk Lover's Club out there. I say we declare war... *grumble*

I agree, and will supply thr weapons!

You will supply the weapons? And how much do you know about them, exactly? Do you know the difference between a good assault rifle and an M16? The pros and cons of a Desert Eagle opposed to a Glock 17? Do you know the difference between a carbine and a submachine gun? Were there to be a war, and were there to be weapons in that war, The Yautja and I would be the most qualified to oversee them.

As for war? I'm in. Raise up the banner, bend back your bows.

"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!" - Belkar

75 (edited by KudarMubat15 Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:35 pm)

Re: Is Fett evil?

SciFifreak90 wrote:
draco fett wrote:
Sarin Kerivor wrote:

I think evil entails some degree of malice, like The Yajuta said. And Boba Fett would never kill without a perfectly good reason, unlike, say, Bossk, whom we have seen kill simply because he can.

By the way, I hear there's a Bossk Lover's Club out there. I say we declare war... *grumble*

I agree, and will supply thr weapons!

You will supply the weapons? And how much do you know about them, exactly? Do you know the difference between a good assault rifle and an M16? The pros and cons of a Desert Eagle opposed to a Glock 17? Do you know the difference between a carbine and a submachine gun? Were there to be a war, and were there to be weapons in that war, The Yautja and I would be the most qualified to oversee them.

Rofl, that post was so braggy that it was hilarious. lol

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]