Topic: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

Well since we couldn't figure it out on Vader vs Palpatine we decided to make this....
so... who wins

personally i say palpatine because of the previous battle

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

... and I think that you can't base two beings skills based on one battle, in one scenario.

Everyone dies.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

ok so new scenario then why would yoda win the second time around?

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

Say they are under water, no that's stupid.

A scenario where palpatine doesnt have infinite things to throw.  A scenario where palpatine doesnt have storm troopers rushing to his aid.

Although Yoda fell down so far, he was no where near done fighting.  He had to leave because of the lack of time.

Everyone dies.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

lol so what do u want a damn square box give me specifics and tell me why yoda would win

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

Haha, no.  All I'm saying is... I don't think it's just to base one fight on how good someone is. 

okay, anakin owed mace, although it may have been a cheap shot, but obi wan owned anakin... so... does that make obi wan better than mace?

It just doesn't make sense.  It happens to story, not to skill level.  Star Wars isn't an RPG.

Everyone dies.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

well i dont techincally consider Anakin cutting mace's hand off owning him, so no there and yes obi-wan is better then vader so i still disagree, i say it the one fight counts if they actually fight for examples....
Yoda vs. Dooku.... Dooku retreated

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

Maybe dooku didnt want to kill him.  After all, he is a political idealist, not  a murderer.

Everyone dies.  I bow to no one and I give service only for cause.

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

lol which that jedi was wrong because they were debating if Count Dooku was behind senator amidala's assassination which he was so there....

and why wouldn't he want to he tried to he failed and saw a glimpse of defeat he knew this and used anakin and obi-wan as a decoy

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

Ugh, more senseless arguing. First off, that panzy Anakin didn't own Mace. Sidious did most of it. Anakin only cut off his arm. Saying Mace got owned by Anakin is like saying Jango got owned by Mace, or Boba got owned by Han, or Obi-Wan got owned by Vader in A New Hope. Secondly, we can only base Palpatine and Yoda on the episode 3 duel because it's the only time they ever fought each other. 3rd, there is nothing wrong with using the terrain/area to your advantage is Sidious did. Sidious defeats Yoda.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

thank u exactly what i was saying but once question how did jango not get owned by Mace?

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

Mace_Windu_ wrote:

thank u exactly what i was saying but once question how did jango not get owned by Mace?

Well look at it this way. Let's say the reek didn't trample Jango and decided to go somewhere else. Jango's jetpack now works. What do you think would've happened then? The only reason Mace managed to kill Jango is because of that stupid reek. That doesn't sound like owning, does it? It would have been an own if Jango had taken Mace's lightsaber and STILL been killed by Mace. That would've been an own. Do you understand and agree with what I said?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

yah to a certain extent but i also disagree in the fact that he shouldn't have got ran over by that damn thing in the first place he always blows up his damn jetpack lol

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

Mace_Windu_ wrote:

yah to a certain extent but i also disagree in the fact that he shouldn't have got ran over by that damn thing in the first place he always blows up his damn jetpack lol

Lol.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

15 (edited by Fett_II Thursday, February 22, 2007 10:51 pm)

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

lol, that would be like in south park, where somehow kenny always dies. Instead, Jango always wrecks his jetpack and gets a new one.

If you look at it, Anakin really has no skill. He's a n00b, always getting the cheap shots.

List of cheap shots:
Had to use Zam's gun while it was in her hand to crash her ship
Kills the two Tusken Raiders when they're not looking (cuz them Tuskens owned his mama!)
Cut's off Dooku's hands because he held them together
Cut's off Mace's arm when he's about to kill Palpatine
Chokes Padme after she looks at Obi-Wan
Cut's off Obi-Wan's head when he puts his lightsaber up after looking at Luke
Cut's Luke's hand off after twirling it around
Grabs Palpatine from behind (although Palpatine got him for that) and throws him overboard

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

obviously(spelling) palpitine would win. he was even toying around with yoda and still won with ease.

"The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous- suicidal! You will die as each Arbiter has before you! The council will have their corpse."-(Halo 2), The High Prophet of Mercy

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

the outline wrote:

obviously(spelling) palpitine would win. he was even toying around with yoda and still won with ease.

I really don't think he was toying with him. He was staying at a distance because he knew that yoda couldn't do anything back. In 1 on 1 combat, it would have been much closer. I do believe that Mandalaorian is right in saying that one unbalanced battle should not determine who is better. But I don't think that Yoda could take Palpatine anyway. Palpatine just had such an overpowering command of offensive force powers along with amazing lightsabers skills. He did completely destroy the 2 jedi masters in less than 3 seconds.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

Fetterthanyou wrote:
the outline wrote:

obviously(spelling) palpitine would win. he was even toying around with yoda and still won with ease.

I really don't think he was toying with him. He was staying at a distance because he knew that yoda couldn't do anything back. In 1 on 1 combat, it would have been much closer. I do believe that Mandalaorian is right in saying that one unbalanced battle should not determine who is better. But I don't think that Yoda could take Palpatine anyway. Palpatine just had such an overpowering command of offensive force powers along with amazing lightsabers skills. He did completely destroy the 2 jedi masters in less than 3 seconds.

yoda is no match to emperor palpatine, and at some parts palpatine didn't go his full on attack and just blocked yoda probably just to tire him out (btw thats wat i meant by toying with him) and you can clearly see that yoda was having extreme diffuculty while palpatine at some parts was just laughing. It's needless to say that if there was another match yoda wouldn't stand a chance. Even in star wars the visual dictionary of episode 3 it says that yoda is no match to palpatines superior skills

"The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous- suicidal! You will die as each Arbiter has before you! The council will have their corpse."-(Halo 2), The High Prophet of Mercy

Re: Palpatine Vs Yoda round 2

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
Mace_Windu_ wrote:

thank u exactly what i was saying but once question how did jango not get owned by Mace?

Well look at it this way. Let's say the reek didn't trample Jango and decided to go somewhere else. Jango's jetpack now works. What do you think would've happened then? The only reason Mace managed to kill Jango is because of that stupid reek. That doesn't sound like owning, does it? It would have been an own if Jango had taken Mace's lightsaber and STILL been killed by Mace. That would've been an own. Do you understand and agree with what I said?

i don't know gustavo, i have taken ur words into thuoght though. if jango hadn't gotten run over by the reek the battle could have gone either way mace is a great jedi and jango is a great bounty hunter it would  be very close.

"The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous- suicidal! You will die as each Arbiter has before you! The council will have their corpse."-(Halo 2), The High Prophet of Mercy