1 (edited by fett3393 Wednesday, January 10, 2007 6:36 pm)

Topic: boba vs. dengar

two good bounty hunters, one final battle to the end. Who will win?

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now.    -Boba Fett

Re: boba vs. dengar

Boba's going to dominate this battle, but I say Dengar probably could bring Boba down, if he tried hard enough. I know, Dengar said that Boba was better than him, but come on, he was trained as an assassin for Force sake, he can't be that much worse than Boba.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Re: boba vs. dengar

yeah, totally boba. He is more experienced and has more knowledge and experience of battling.

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now.    -Boba Fett

Re: boba vs. dengar

i get the impression  dengar isnt exactly the most agile hunter around.
hand to hand fett would toy with him.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: boba vs. dengar

fett3393 wrote:

yeah, totally boba. He is more experienced and has more knowledge and experience of battling.

Nah, Dengar has at least twenty years on Boba. Plus, he was trained by Imperials to be to perfect assassin and had all hindering emotions cut out (except for rage, hope, and loneliness)

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Re: boba vs. dengar

cujo wrote:

i get the impression  dengar isnt exactly the most agile hunter around.
hand to hand fett would toy with him.

Dengar does have genetically increased reflexes and strength. But then again Boba is a master of hand to hand combat.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

7 (edited by fett3393 Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:15 pm)

Re: boba vs. dengar

forget hand to hand boba totally just shoot at him with his blaster a couple of times and miss then just surprise him and take him out with his wrist blaster.

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now.    -Boba Fett

Re: boba vs. dengar

fett3393 wrote:

forget hand to hand boba totally just shoot at him with his blaster a couple of times and miss then just surprise him and take him out with his wrist blaster.

In Tales of the Bounty Hunter, Dengar dodged Blaster bolts that someone shot at him, so he'd be fast enough to dodge Boba's. Plus, Dengar wouldn't let his guard down in front of anyone, especially Boba, so he wouldn't be taken by surprise by anything.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Re: boba vs. dengar

Dude Boba would kick with his arsenal of weaponry and pure skill, he's the best in the galaxy but Dengar helped boba escape from the great pit of Carkoon (the Sarlacc), Boba would not kill him unless he got in his way of his bounty.

As You Wish

Re: boba vs. dengar

I gota agree with IG 88. O and boba killed three of the five identical set of robots (IG-88), Ig-88 could kill dengar with ease, what hope does Dengar have against Boba.

As You Wish

Re: boba vs. dengar

while the fetts are techinacally sound fighters, we know they arent much when they enter the fray. for examples of this see the sarlacc or the arena. dengar is like that burly ogre- you definitely want this guy on ur side in a bar fight, yep he's bloated and probably lost a step but im thinking he can take a punch. so this seems like it would hinge on too many variables.
fett always seemed like the smartest guy in the room, not the toughest.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: boba vs. dengar

Boba_Fett wrote:

I gota agree with IG 88. O and boba killed three of the five identical set of robots (IG-88), Ig-88 could kill dengar with ease, what hope does Dengar have against Boba.

I think Dengar would beat an IG.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: boba vs. dengar

Boba_Fett wrote:

I gota agree with IG 88. O and boba killed three of the five identical set of robots (IG-88), Ig-88 could kill dengar with ease, what hope does Dengar have against Boba.

Try not to post twice in a row.

Here, we all know what the Great Pit of Carkoon and the  IG-88s are.

I think that Dengar could certainly destroy a few IG assassin droids. In Tales of the Bounty Hunters, a half dead Boba bested Dengar.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: boba vs. dengar

Dengar may be a nearly unfeeling killer but if he realy could beat boba than he would have got in Fetts way for the bounty on Solo. it would be hard to catch IG-88 off gard as he can see in all directions and he contains an arsonal of weapons that matches Boba's.

As You Wish

15 (edited by Thylacine Saturday, January 13, 2007 6:37 pm)

Re: boba vs. dengar

Boba_Fett wrote:

Dengar may be a nearly unfeeling killer but if he realy could beat boba than he would have got in Fetts way for the bounty on Solo. it would be hard to catch IG-88 off gard as he can see in all directions and he contains an arsonal of weapons that matches Boba's.

Yeah, but Dengar teamed up with Boba to catch Solo, but they failed horribly so Dengar vowed never to work with Boba again.

Oh, and if the IG droids can see in all directions, how did Boba manage to destroy three of them? Unless he blew them up...that probably could've worked.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Re: boba vs. dengar

Thylacine wrote:
Boba_Fett wrote:

Dengar may be a nearly unfeeling killer but if he realy could beat boba than he would have got in Fetts way for the bounty on Solo. it would be hard to catch IG-88 off gard as he can see in all directions and he contains an arsonal of weapons that matches Boba's.

Yeah, but Dengar teamed up with Boba to catch Solo, but they failed horribly so Dengar vowed never to work with Boba again.

Oh, and if the IG droids can see in all directions, how did Boba manage to destroy three of them? Unless he blew them up...that probably could've worked.

IG-88 can see in all directions from his head sensors and Boba ambushed one at cloud city and paralized it with an ion cannon. information seen here is from books mostly from 'star wars the complete visual dictionary'.

As You Wish

Re: boba vs. dengar

Dengar is good but Boba Fett is one of the best bounty hunters ever. I think Fett could take down Dengar, but maybe not as easily as some think…But being that Dengar saved Fett’s life I don’t think they would want to fight.

"Stop whining. Before you really get me irritated."
     --Boba Fett

Re: boba vs. dengar

Boba is clealy going to win.

As You Wish

Re: boba vs. dengar

Dengar reminds me of a tortoise.

Boba could just knock him onto his back....Then he'd never be able to get up....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: boba vs. dengar

Well, obviously, Boba would win in the end, but it would be a good fight.  While Dengar has had his emotions cut out, Boba doesn't exactly let his feelings get the best of him, so that's not as much of an advantage as it would be in a fight against anyone else.  Dengar may be a beast, but Boba could definitely outsmart him.  He could keep him from getting too close with his arsenal of weapons, and use his superior intelligence and quick thinking to outwit Dengar in the end.  It would be a long and grueling fight, and Fett may get injured, but I'm confident in his ability to come out on top at the end of the day.  Remember, Boba has killed an unknown number of Wookies, as well as his fair share of Jedi's, so Dengar shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Re: boba vs. dengar

I think that the battle may last one second, at the most. In Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Dengar, with his emotions still removed, attacked the half-dead Fett, and Boba bested him in maybe four seconds. Boba had no armor or weapons, other than a blaster that I think he took from Dengar in mid-battle.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: boba vs. dengar

And I rest my case.
Boba wins.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: boba vs. dengar

draco fett wrote:

I think that the battle may last one second, at the most. In Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Dengar, with his emotions still removed, attacked the half-dead Fett, and Boba bested him in maybe four seconds. Boba had no armor or weapons, other than a blaster that I think he took from Dengar in mid-battle.

They didnt even have a proper fight i woud call that a pathetic scuffle you couldnt say he bested him.l

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: boba vs. dengar

Boba did not even start it. Dengar attacked the half dead Fett, and Fett rendered Dengar in checkmate.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: boba vs. dengar

All he did was take his blaster out of his holster Dengar was having one of his phsyco moments and attacking him in fury. Surely in a proper fight when he is calm and collected thne he would atleast put up a fight and would definatly survie more than a few seconds.

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters