Re: Jango vs. Boba

draco fett wrote:

Their fire-power is not equel; Boba upgraded the Slave I. Jango was not cunning enough to shoot Kenobi and Skywalker rather than Zam. Jango had more documented jobs.

Hey but things might have turned out worse: the jedi would've REALLY investigated that. You know, I think he killled Zam instead to attract less attention. 2 jedi going down is WAY more noticable then a bounty hunter going down. If he had killed Obi and Anakin, he would've really been in trouble. So would Tyranus, maybe.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango vs. Boba

In a place like that, if he shot them wth a blaster, it would not seem too strange. Good point, though.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Hey wait a minute... I never even thought of that! Why the hell didn't Jango take Obi-wan or Anikan while they were right there? I mean Obi-was was able to cut down the saber dart, but a rocket probably wpuld have done the job.

Also, the infamous dive for Windu's saber. The fatal mistake.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Fetterthanyou wrote:

Hey wait a minute... I never even thought of that! Why the hell didn't Jango take Obi-wan or Anikan while they were right there? I mean Obi-was was able to cut down the saber dart, but a rocket probably wpuld have done the job.

Also, the infamous dive for Windu's saber. The fatal mistake.

By rocket, if you mean the missile on his jetpack, it wouldn't work. On Kamino, Kenobi managed to avoid getting killed by the missile.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Yes, but that was when they were in the midst of a battle. On Coruscant, they would not have been expecting it.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
Fetterthanyou wrote:

Hey wait a minute... I never even thought of that! Why the hell didn't Jango take Obi-wan or Anikan while they were right there? I mean Obi-was was able to cut down the saber dart, but a rocket probably wpuld have done the job.

Also, the infamous dive for Windu's saber. The fatal mistake.

By rocket, if you mean the missile on his jetpack, it wouldn't work. On Kamino, Kenobi managed to avoid getting killed by the missile.

Apparently Obi-wan can't get killed by an explosion because Jango's rocket and the Slave I's laser cannons both made a big boom, but they only made him fling a few feet. My brother and I always joke about that, especially when I was Jango in BF2 and I was shooting at Obi-Wan and he barely had any health left. Then I fired a wrist rocket that would have killed any normal person, but Obi-Wan wasn't even hurt at all even though I hit him with the rocket! All it did was make him do a flip, but he still got back up immediately and killed me!

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Hahaha! That is hilarious!

Still, concerning Boba vs Jango, I think being raised by a bounty hunter would do wonders for learning the skills of the trade, and then depending on those skills for survival would sure help someone learn them quick. Though in the books and movies I wish Boba Fett had been shown as a far more inteligent and evil-minded child. [rant] I hate the books about Fett as a kid. [/rant]

"A thousand years of space and time and I have never come across anyone wasn't important." -- Doctor Who

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Gojan Fett wrote:

Hahaha! That is hilarious!

Still, concerning Boba vs Jango, I think being raised by a bounty hunter would do wonders for learning the skills of the trade, and then depending on those skills for survival would sure help someone learn them quick. Though in the books and movies I wish Boba Fett had been shown as a far more inteligent and evil-minded child. [rant] I hate the books about Fett as a kid. [/rant]

Yes you're quite right.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

59 (edited by BobaFett243 Saturday, January 27, 2007 4:28 am)

Re: Jango vs. Boba

off topic but i thought a weird thing about the movie (ep 2) was that jango had the blades come out of his gauntlets to stop him from falling but i never saw it in any of the esseintial guides and boba doesnt have them

Re: Jango vs. Boba

BobaFett243 wrote:

off topic but i thought a weird thing about the movie (ep 2) was that jango had the blades come out of his gauntlets to stop him from falling but i never saw it in any of the esseintial guides and boba doesnt have them

Maybe Boba does have them, but we never see him use them.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango vs. Boba

This is a useless discussion IMHO, as we would never see a fight between a mature Boba and Jango for a multitude of reasons, and we all know that Boba comes out with the edge.  The only way to even imagine this hypothetically is to remove all family ties, as Jango could never kill his own son.  Boba may be able to bring himself to kill his own father, but he'd never have a reason to.  I know this is all beside the point, however, so I say Boba, hands down.

Re: Jango vs. Boba

draco fett wrote:

Yes, but that was when they were in the midst of a battle. On Coruscant, they would not have been expecting it.

Considering the jedi can use the force to know where you're going to shoot them, and considering the missile isn't as fast as a blaster and it makes a kinda loud noise when it fires, I'd say they'ed have enough time to roll away or something.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango vs. Boba

They did not see the saber-dart coming, did they? Though it was not aimed at them, but should they not have noticed it? Jango could use his blasters, as opposed to a missile. Also, why was Jango not think to use his blaster, even if, for some reason, he could not shoot the Jedi. If he shot Zam with a blaster, they would not have been able to trace it back to him.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango vs. Boba

draco fett wrote:

They did not see the saber-dart coming, did they? Though it was not aimed at them, but should they not have noticed it? Jango could use his blasters, as opposed to a missile. Also, why was Jango not think to use his blaster, even if, for some reason, he could not shoot the Jedi. If he shot Zam with a blaster, they would not have been able to trace it back to him.

There is a really small chance she would've survived. O

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
draco fett wrote:

They did not see the saber-dart coming, did they? Though it was not aimed at them, but should they not have noticed it? Jango could use his blasters, as opposed to a missile. Also, why was Jango not think to use his blaster, even if, for some reason, he could not shoot the Jedi. If he shot Zam with a blaster, they would not have been able to trace it back to him.

There is a really small chance she would've survived. O

And there is no chance she could have survived a saber dart? What if Obi-wan could heal her long enough to get info from her? The truth is, Jango was covering his own *** instead of getting the job done.

O and Jaster... The point isn't why they would fight, its IF they faught. Its a hypothetical situation, are you going to go to Bane vs Boba and say bad timeline?

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Really I think the better question would be could you imagine the damage they could do if they teamed up?
"Oh crap,there's two of them!"

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Boba by far. His gun is much better and he is much more skilled than Jango

"The tasks you must undertake as the Arbiter are perilous- suicidal! You will die as each Arbiter has before you! The council will have their corpse."-(Halo 2), The High Prophet of Mercy

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Jango killed Zam, not the Jedi, because she was about to reveal his name. Had he not done it, Obi-Wan would have a futher lead in his investigation, because all he would have to do is trace the name to its source [AKA Kamino] and boom! Episode II would be way different.

Re: Jango vs. Boba

If he killed the Jedi, they would not go any further into the investegation, and he would still have someone to do what he was paid to do.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Going back to the whole shooting the Jedi instead, there have been many occasions where a Jedi has been shot at by someone hiding or behind him and they have detected it and blocked it.  So I'm pretty sure someone like Obi-Wan could easily detect a threat to his life.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Jango vs. Boba

He could have used a sabre-dart. Obi-Wan did not detect that comming at Zam.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango vs. Boba

But that was because it wasn't endangering his life.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Jango vs. Boba

Still, the Force is supposed to be omnipresent, so if he did not sense the dart going towards Zam, he probably would not sense it going towards him.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Jango vs. Boba

But I think it was stated somewhere (not wikipedia) that it must be a threat to someone's life for the force sense to work.  Besides it's inconsistent.  They should have sensed Jango but of course as it would be totally anti-climactic to kill off Obi-Wan, Anakin, or Jango prematurely Lucas didn't do it.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Jango vs. Boba

draco fett wrote:

Greatest bounty hunter ever verses an idiot coward? Oh, I wonder.

That's not true, Boba's fled in a fair share of occasians. And for everyone else Boba is smarter but Jango is stronger.

I'm just helping Boba Fett and killing wookies for him.