Re: Helmet Dent

fett3393 wrote:

It has nothing to do with Jango's helmet cuz we allready decided Boba wears Jaster's armor.

wookiepedia said that boba had at least three sets of armour, repainted jango's, possibly jaster's cuz all mandalorian armour has that symbol and one of his own.

My name is Thorer,emporer demon slayer, beast of eternal darkness - Thorer to Kai, beast of dragons

Re: Helmet Dent

Dexor Fett wrote:

wookiepedia said that boba had at least three sets of armour, repainted jango's, possibly jaster's cuz all mandalorian armour has that symbol and one of his own.

I am sure that not every suit of Mandalorian armor has that symbol. Wikis are not trustworthy.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Helmet Dent

OMG Boba Fett is wearing Jango Fett's armor not Jaster Merel's!!!!
his jet pack is blue so that means he is wearing Jango's armor besides when jango wa ounger he use to have green armor!(he probaly painted it silver!)

IN THE NAME OF GOD IMPURE SOULKS FO THE LIVING DEAD SHALL BE BANISHED INTO INTERNAL DAMNATION, AMEN

29 (edited by draco fett Saturday, January 20, 2007 9:55 am)

Re: Helmet Dent

BobaFett+GhostRider=ME! wrote:

OMG Boba Fett is wearing Jango Fett's armor not Jaster Merel's!!!!
his jet pack is blue so that means he is wearing Jango's armor besides when jango wa ounger he use to have green armor!(he probaly painted it silver!)

1. When Jango was younger, he wore Jaster's armor, which he saved. He then recieved new armor somehow.
2. Could Boba not get a new jetpack that happends to be to be blue, or repaint the jetpack?
3. Boba's jetpack is not even the same color as Jango's jetpack.

Boba's jetpack:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:BFJetpack.jpg

Jango's jetpack:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Jetpack.jpg

They are not even the same type of jetpack; Boba uses a Mitrinomon Z-6, while Jango uses a JT-12.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Helmet Dent

I really don't care where Boba got the dent from, but I will say this. If Lucas wanted us to believe that Jango's dent was the same as Boba's, he would have put it in the same place. Not slightly higher up on the dome like Jango's is.

Also, try not to look too deeply into the time period he earned the dent in. You can't use comics for reference usually because an artist would put the dent in whether it should be there or not. They just want to make sure nobody yells at them for missing such a detail. And in a book... you can't see it anyway.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Helmet Dent

The movies imply that the armor he uses is Jango's, but it also implys that he has an extra pair of wrist gauntlets. But I think that most of the armor he uses is from Jango. Oh and another question: which gauntlets belonged to Jango, the red ones in Rotj or the green ones in Esb?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

32 (edited by Ursula Saturday, January 20, 2007 3:05 pm)

Re: Helmet Dent

Maltese Kentaiba wrote:

A friend of mine thinks a fan-girl did it trying to knock him out.

But yea, I heard he wore Jaster's armor as well. Can't remember where that's located at all.

Yeah, I think that's the most plausible so far. I think that comic with Vader was just a cover job for the truth. One of his legion of ladies was definately responsible. wink

***************************
[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

Re: Helmet Dent

BobaFett+GhostRider=ME! wrote:

OMG Boba Fett is wearing Jango Fett's armor not Jaster Merel's!!!!
his jet pack is blue so that means he is wearing Jango's armor besides when jango wa ounger he use to have green armor!(he probaly painted it silver!)

in empire strikes back boba was wearing a green jetpack, in rotj it got the blue, red and yellow paint job.  jango's was silver and blue

draco fett wrote:

1. When Jango was younger, he wore Jaster's armor, which he saved. He then recieved new armor somehow.
2. Could Boba not get a new jetpack that happends to be to be blue, or repaint the jetpack?
3. Boba's jetpack is not even the same color as Jango's jetpack.

Boba's jetpack:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:BFJetpack.jpg

Jango's jetpack:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Jetpack.jpg

They are not even the same type of jetpack; Boba uses a Mitrinomon Z-6, while Jango uses a JT-12.

that jetpack you're showing for jango is the arena "stubby."  in the fight with obi-wan he used the boba style jp.

Re: Helmet Dent

I think that they are the same jetpack, Janngo merely replaces the attachment.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

35 (edited by Dexor Fett Sunday, January 21, 2007 5:43 am)

Re: Helmet Dent

Yes on wookiepedia * not again!* Jango has a grapling hook attachment and a rocket launcher attachment



The Mitrinomon Z-6 was a more common model of jetpack used by the Mandalorians. Many famous Mandalorians used this type of jetpack, including Jango Fett and Boba Fett. The jetpack included a targeting computer, flight gyros, and a missile/grapple launcher.

Oddly enough, both Jango and Boba were thwarted by their jetpacks: while fighting Obi-Wan Kenobi on Kamino, Jango's jetpack detached itself and flew out of control, exploding against a column. Also during Jango's final battle, it was the malfunction of his jetpack that ultimately resulted in his death. Likewise, while battling Luke Skywalker over the Pit of Carkoon, Boba's jetpack was accidentally activated by Han Solo, launching him into the side of Jabba's sail barge and into the Sarlacc.


draco, didn't you say wikis were not trustworthy, then you go and show us pictures you got from wookiepedia.

My name is Thorer,emporer demon slayer, beast of eternal darkness - Thorer to Kai, beast of dragons

Re: Helmet Dent

Not to be rude, but we all know the third part.

I knew someone would ask me that. I used Wookiepedia because I knew what the jetpacks look like, I just needed a picture. If they were not what I knew them to be, I would not use those pictures.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Helmet Dent

ok then

My name is Thorer,emporer demon slayer, beast of eternal darkness - Thorer to Kai, beast of dragons

38 (edited by saint_nasty Sunday, January 21, 2007 10:46 am)

Re: Helmet Dent

observe the thruster placement, off to the side, identical to the mintronomon.  not directly under the fuel cell like on the stubby.  this is during the battle with obi wan.

http://www.swg1.net/encyclo/images/jango_fett.jpg

i'm not trying to be rude, my involvement in fett costuming has made me a stickler for details like that.

Re: Helmet Dent

draco fett wrote:
BobaFett+GhostRider=ME! wrote:

OMG Boba Fett is wearing Jango Fett's armor not Jaster Merel's!!!!
his jet pack is blue so that means he is wearing Jango's armor besides when jango wa ounger he use to have green armor!(he probaly painted it silver!)

1. When Jango was younger, he wore Jaster's armor, which he saved. He then recieved new armor somehow.
2. Could Boba not get a new jetpack that happends to be to be blue, or repaint the jetpack?
3. Boba's jetpack is not even the same color as Jango's jetpack.

Boba's jetpack:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:BFJetpack.jpg

Jango's jetpack:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Jetpack.jpg

They are not even the same type of jetpack; Boba uses a Mitrinomon Z-6, while Jango uses a JT-12.

Jango does use a jetpack just like boba's when he fights Obi-Wan but that one blew up so really doesn't matter

there are no star systems slave 1 can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now.    -Boba Fett

Re: Helmet Dent

saint_nasty wrote:

observe the thruster placement, off to the side, identical to the mintronomon.  not directly under the fuel cell like on the stubby.  this is during the battle with obi wan.

http://www.swg1.net/encyclo/images/jango_fett.jpg

i'm not trying to be rude, my involvement in fett costuming has made me a stickler for details like that.

I'm glad you pay attention to detail.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Helmet Dent

sometimes i do, sometimes i don't.

Re: Helmet Dent

draco fett wrote:
BobaFett+GhostRider=ME! wrote:

OMG Boba Fett is wearing Jango Fett's armor not Jaster Merel's!!!!
his jet pack is blue so that means he is wearing Jango's armor besides when jango wa ounger he use to have green armor!(he probaly painted it silver!)

1. When Jango was younger, he wore Jaster's armor, which he saved. He then recieved new armor somehow.
2. Could Boba not get a new jetpack that happends to be to be blue, or repaint the jetpack?
3. Boba's jetpack is not even the same color as Jango's jetpack.

Boba's jetpack:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:BFJetpack.jpg

Jango's jetpack:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Jetpack.jpg

They are not even the same type of jetpack; Boba uses a Mitrinomon Z-6, while Jango uses a JT-12.

I think Jango got the blue armour from his promotion to mandalore (the youngest ever).  And Boba uses Jaster's armour.  Draco's right: the jetpacks are different models.

Due to maintenance problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will not be in operation today.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Re: Helmet Dent

In Boba Fett Enemy of the Empire, Vader deflects a volley of blaster fire and one of the bolts hits Boba in the head.
Thats a suitable explaination for me but people are purists.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.

Re: Helmet Dent

I'm sure that Fett has been hit in the head more than once. That one hit does not mean that it created the dent.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Helmet Dent

I never said it did but it suits me,lol.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.

Re: Helmet Dent

Dexor Fett wrote:

Yes on wookiepedia * not again!* Jango has a grapling hook attachment and a rocket launcher attachment



The Mitrinomon Z-6 was a more common model of jetpack used by the Mandalorians. Many famous Mandalorians used this type of jetpack, including Jango Fett and Boba Fett. The jetpack included a targeting computer, flight gyros, and a missile/grapple launcher.

Oddly enough, both Jango and Boba were thwarted by their jetpacks: while fighting Obi-Wan Kenobi on Kamino, Jango's jetpack detached itself and flew out of control, exploding against a column. Also during Jango's final battle, it was the malfunction of his jetpack that ultimately resulted in his death. Likewise, while battling Luke Skywalker over the Pit of Carkoon, Boba's jetpack was accidentally activated by Han Solo, launching him into the side of Jabba's sail barge and into the Sarlacc.


draco, didn't you say wikis were not trustworthy, then you go and show us pictures you got from wookiepedia.

boba didnt die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Helmet Dent

1. Nowhere in thare does it say that Boba died.
2. There is no actual proof that Boba did not die.
3. That is not really on topic.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Helmet Dent

I would consider Mandalorian Armor proof.  No it is not 100% canon.  But nevertheless it is still credited as canon. 
And with saint_nasty's picture I believe you can faintly see a dent of sorts.

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Helmet Dent

i have another boba armor related inquiry...does he the same gauntlets as jango.
more specifically-does he have that blade that comes out of them?, as seen in the obi fight.

"mmmm, pistol whip." -Homer Simpson
[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42831046]Cujos' MySpace[/url]

Re: Helmet Dent

I don't think he does, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...