Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

I don't even know what a " Spartan " is, but i'm gonna go with Commmandos.

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

Kandosii Mando Verd wrote:

I don't even know what a " Spartan " is, but i'm gonna go with Commmandos.

Master cheif from halo is a spartan



BD

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

Humorbot5 wrote:
Fetterthanyou wrote:

I believe the answer to this question involves the situation.

Lets say that you have all 4 commandos getting in a fire fight with Fett, i'd have to say Boba wins due to slightly underhanded tactics he has picked up over the years and agile movements while the military minded commandos may hae a squad based plan of attack, its impossible to forsee Fett's next move.

But if you have Sev a couple hundred yards out, Scorch as a distraction with demolitions, Fixer on support duty, and Boxx doing... whatever it is Boss does (strategy maybe). Fett would have his work cut out for him, maybe escape as a best option. Because there isn't a plan i can think of that doesn't involve his head being sniped off or his body blown apart.

And on a side note you can't really compare Boba Fett's intelligence to that of the commandos. He is totally different than them, they didn't have the same training or the same lifestyle. Bounty hunting teaches you alot different tactics than squad based assaults.

Well each commando was very similar to the Master Chief...And you reckoned he had a good chance of beating Fett...

Now if one Master Chief could almost beat Fett then surely four would beat him in a fight?

And I think the Commandos are at least fairly close to the Master Chief in terms of weapons and skills....

(Commandos Vs Fett.)


Did you get this idea from that?

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

I would say Spartans.  Master Chief rocks!!!

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

I have never played Halo. It never intrested me much. I'd probably fall for one of Characters anyway, then end up buying the soundtrack, then looking for anything relitive to it..etc. big_smile

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

6 (edited by Fetterthanyou Friday, December 1, 2006 5:00 pm)

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

Actually I don't think comandos could take spartans.

It was pretty close match up between MC and Boba (no matter who you thought would win). And since I still hold that Boba has a fighting chance against a whole squad, then I think a group of spartans would win.

Spartans are super strong, fast, have shields, and have military backgrounds for their whole lives.(called SPARTANS for a reason smile)
Commandos have good armor, great squad tactics, and training through theirs lives (but since they were speadily aged, they have less experience than spartans.)

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

But they we're drilled repeatedly into Battle Tatics and were taught by Jango.
They to have shields and have can recharge their Brothers, they have EMP'S and Thermal Dets, Anti-armor, Sniper rifles, and could probably Hotwire some rubble to explode.

They grew up together, know eatchother's weaknesses, they've got their Brothers Back.

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

Yes, they were drilled by Jango, but they were still rushed through it because of their genetics. Spartans endured a similar training except for much more time.

By recharge their Brothers i think your talking Bacta, which is a dangerous area that I hate to talk about because nobody completely understands what bacta can do. Some stories have it as a miracle healer, while other have it as nothing more than a small antibiotic.

The cool things about both groups are the stories that acompany their greatest squad accomplishments. Spartans blowing up hordes of elites and grunts with spider mines then slaughtering their ranks with extreme predjudice. Commandos knocking down droids like dominoes, trouncing over stripped wires and detonating robots everywhere.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

Fierfek!
I'm gonna have to pick up a Halo game next chance i get...or at least read about it. big_smile

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

The same amount of spartans as commandoes right?

I'm smiling because they havn't found the bodies yet. :)
I think, therfore i am I destroy, therfore i endure - IG-88 tales of the bounty hunters

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

ARC Fett wrote:

2 squards of each, 4 man in each squad.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

Fetterthanyou wrote:

Actually I don't think comandos could take spartans.

It was pretty close match up between MC and Boba (no matter who you thought would win). And since I still hold that Boba has a fighting chance against a whole squad, then I think a group of spartans would win.

Spartans are super strong, fast, have shields, and have military backgrounds for their whole lives.(called SPARTANS for a reason smile)
Commandos have good armor, great squad tactics, and training through theirs lives (but since they were speadily aged, they have less experience than spartans.)

Even if one Commando is worth half a Spartan, four commandos makes two spartans. Are you suggesting Two Spartans could not take Boba Fett....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

Well since your math is based on the assumption that 2 commandos are worth 1 spartan which I never agreed to, then i must say that I disagree with your post and your assumptions about my thoughts.

Its also tough to say the comparison between squads since Spartans have many different abilities, some are faster, some stronger, some smarter. Commandos are identical genetically and usually mentally, so they cannot use eachothers strengths to counterbalance weaknesses as Spartans can.

Good... Bad... I'm the one with the gun.
Hail to the King Baby!!

14 (edited by Sev Fett Saturday, December 2, 2006 11:00 pm)

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

I'm going to have to go with Commandos here.  Even though Master Chief and his marines are extremely cool Commandos would just make it out in the end.  When you think of it they are very, very close, but there are two reasons I would go with Commandos.  First, correct me if I'm wrong but Spartans are independent beings and prefer to work alone, while Commandos are trained in the squad based fighting system.  Secondly there is a slight bit of bias on my part being a Boba Fett fan. Lol

[i]Like I told your captain, the orphange attacked me.  It was self-defense.[/i]  -Richard the Warlock  [url]http://archive.lfgcomic.com/lfg0002.gif[/url]

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

Hmm, when you say Spartans I think of the ones from Ancient Greece in the 1st Century AD - they were serious bad boys. They were taken away from there parents about about age seven and trained as military machines. Hell they used to send them out into the woods with no clothes, food or anything and they had to fend for themselves for a year - if they lived that long. Plus they got regular beatings to make them stronger. Such a loving society.

Give these guys modern weapons and a bit of training and I think they'd whipped Commando butt. Simply because their survival instinct would be far stronger.

But I have no idea if these Spartans have anything to do with the Halo ones. hmm

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

The historic Spartans were also trained to be completely unemotional. There was a tale of a Spartan boy who had a fox under his coat. It eventually tore away his skin, and crawled inside of him. The boy showed no pain, and when he died and everyone found out, he was considered a hero. If the Halo Spartans were supposed to be futuristic versions of them, I vote Spartans.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

Fetterthanyou wrote:

Well since your math is based on the assumption that 2 commandos are worth 1 spartan which I never agreed to, then i must say that I disagree with your post and your assumptions about my thoughts.

Its also tough to say the comparison between squads since Spartans have many different abilities, some are faster, some stronger, some smarter. Commandos are identical genetically and usually mentally, so they cannot use eachothers strengths to counterbalance weaknesses as Spartans can.

The only assumption I was making was that you knew as much information on the Commandos as you did the Spartans....

What I was saying was that there was no possibility that a Republic Commando is worth any less than half a Spartan. If you are saying that Two Commandos wouldn't stand a chance against one spartan then I don't think you know enough about one or either side.

The other thing is that as Arc Fett said, they all have weaknesses and they all have strenghts...Spartans and commandos alike.... The Commandos sound different (Sev has a gruff voice whereas Scorch has a more "I don't care" voice), Smell different, have different opinions, make different choices...In fact when it comes down to it, the only thing that isn't different is the way they look. You have demolitions experts (Darman or Scorch) Snipers (Sev) medis (Fi) Technicians experts (Atin or Fixer) and then the ones with true leadership capabilities (Niner or Boss) just like the Spartans. The Spartans were trained most of their lives just like the commandos. (Although a life time for a commando is half a lifetime for a Spartan.) The Sprtans and the Commandos were both trained by the best of the best and both had the best equipment available...

Now the adavntages for the Spartans was obviously the enhancement program. The treatment that disabled some, killed others but made the remainder faster, stronger, more resistant and generally unlike any other soldiers in the UNSC. The other advantage is of course the armor. The armor does not slow them down at all. The Spartans can move as fast with the armor as without. It can withstand fairly heavy damage before it is destroyed. This means of course that it could not withstand a rocket, but can resist at least a few shots...And thats without the shield. The Shield is capable of taking anything short of a heavy shell before having to recharge. The shield has been known to withstand a clip of ammo or a grenade without needing to be recharged...

The Commandos however, also have armor. They are also super-soldiers, and they also have shields. Now the armor is not superior to the Mark IV let alone the Mark VI, but it isn't Stormtrooper armor. They won't be killed instantly due to a single shot to unprotected armor. Its relatively tough stuff. Its still made of Plastoid, but I would imagine its thicker, or is made of a stronger alloy. The Commandos are also super-soldiers. By that I mean that they are stronger and faster than any average man. Not because they had special treatment that killed half of them, but because they were trained to peak. They can travel at approximately 8 KM per hour, with their packs and with heavy equipment (Niner said he was trying to make 10 klicks an hour with a heavy load as well as his armor in Hard Contact, which probably indicates he was going 8 or 9 klicks) We're talking pretty heavy equipment so it is very impressive for someone to be able to travel at that speed for even five minutes. And they were v ery strong men, as well as being very skilled in hand to hand combat. Plus they had their shields, which similarly to the Spartan's could take a clip of (Star wars) ammo or so. Plus teammates carried bacta and parts of the armor can be taken off at will and administered to. Now I finished reading First Strike over a year ago so my memory is a little fuzzy, But I don't remember any quick healing agent like bacta being used in the field in any of the Halo books, or games for that matter. So bacta is surely an advantage.


There is no way. NO WAY that 4 commandos would lose to Boba Fett if one Spartan could almost take him.

4 Spartans could take 4 commandos...But 4 Spartans would not be able to take any more than 6 Commandos if such a battle ensued.

A Commando is worth more than half a Spartan, maybe three quarters of a spartan. I previously said half a Spartan because I figured that someone who had obviously already underestimated the Commandos would have at least accepted that....



No offence intended by any of this by the way, I'm simply seeing this as a friendly difference of opinion.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

ARC Fett wrote:

In Hard Contact Atin got hit in the chest with a giant round (dose not say what kind, just "that was not a regullar round") It might have been a anti infantry round.

I'm pretty sure it was a Verpine Shatter rifle.

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

Kandosii Mando Verd wrote:
ARC Fett wrote:

In Hard Contact Atin got hit in the chest with a giant round (dose not say what kind, just "that was not a regullar round") It might have been a anti infantry round.

I'm pretty sure it was a Verpine Shatter rifle.

I totally agree. That is exactly what I was thinking when I read that part in Hard Contact.

"None of this is really happening. There is a man. With a typewriter. This is all part of his crazy imagination."

20 (edited by Humorbot5 Sunday, December 3, 2006 11:06 am)

Re: Commanods Vs Spartans

ARC Fett wrote:

nice one man, but you also have to remember that in TZ Atin, shot fi point blank with a Verpine shatter gun, and all it did was leave a huge brusie. and in Hard Contact Atin got hit in the chest with a giant round (dose not say what kind, just "that was not a regullar round") It might have been a anti infantry round. Boss got hit with an anti infantry round, and it jsut lowered his health to medium. It multiplayer RC, i have been hit with a rocket before, and almsot died... then i got sniped. sad. but in Halo, you get hit with a rocket, your dead! so you have to think about the games, and not just the books. Based on the info I have just typed, I believe even more, that RC would win.

Peace

Vode an

I'm not saying I know everything...I haven't read all of Hard Contact and I haven't even started Triple Zero. Plus I haven't played the actual game for at the very least 4 months.

I think 4 Spartans would beat 4 Commandos in an all out fight.... In Some woods where the Commandos can rely on some guerrilla tactics though...No contest.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...