Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Well I must say I'd prefer the original trilogy over the new ones any day. These are my reasons:

Ep I: Jar Jar Binks was one of the most annoying characters on screen. The kid who played Anakin had to be one of the worst child actors ever and they totally under used Darth Maul. He was a great character and should have made it to Ep III to face off with Anakin. Also Qui Gon was a waste of space, as it was always said in the original trilogy that Yoda taught Obi Wan. What happened to continuity of the story?

Ep II: The worst love story ever. Wait it wasn't love, it was blind lust. Stupid boy meet stupid girl and the hormones go wild (plus there was no real chemistry between them to make it believable). They should have just followed Obi Wan's story, he was far more interesting. Anakin should have just had a moment of weakness and shagged rotten Padme - hence the twins. Besides what woman would accept a man who just told her that he murdered a whole tribe of people simply because they angered him? No sane person, that's for sure.

Ep III: The absolutely painful scenes of Anakin being turned. The guy was a moron.

Other than that the movies were okay, but could have been much better stories then they were. There was hardly any characterisation. The use of characters from the original trilogy that should have been left alone. Surely C3PO and R2D2 would be seriously out of date technology wise but the time Luke and Leia became adults, if they were newish when their parents met. But then Lucas was only ever after a cash cow with the new Episodes.

I'm not saying the original trilogy was without flaws. Luke was seriously whiny. But the original trilogy had a much more family feel to it. The characters were ones you could relate to and cherish. I don't think you could say the same about the new trilogy.

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Sometimes I wonder if I may be the only person who actually likes my fandom...

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

BFFC-Mel wrote:

What happened to continuity of the story?

George Lucas.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

BFFC-Mel wrote:

Well I must say I'd prefer the original trilogy over the new ones any day.

I agree

BFFC-Mel wrote:

Ep I: Jar Jar Binks was one of the most annoying characters on screen. The kid who played Anakin had to be one of the worst child actors ever and they totally under used Darth Maul. He was a great character and should have made it to Ep III to face off with Anakin. Also Qui Gon was a waste of space, as it was always said in the original trilogy that Yoda taught Obi Wan.

I agree (Except Liam Neeson was pretty cool, even iof it did mess up contin uity)

BFFC-Mel wrote:

Ep II: The worst love story ever. Wait it wasn't love, it was blind lust. Stupid boy meet stupid girl and the hormones go wild (plus there was no real chemistry between them to make it believable). They should have just followed Obi Wan's story, he was far more interesting. Anakin should have just had a moment of weakness and shagged rotten Padme - hence the twins. Besides what woman would accept a man who just told her that he murdered a whole tribe of people simply because they angered him? No sane person, that's for sure.

I agree. Also the jokes were older than Bob Barker... "I'm so beside myself" I hate C-3PO....

BFFC-Mel wrote:

Ep III: The absolutely painful scenes of Anakin being turned. The guy was a moron.

I agree. As well as the Sith deal in absolutes line.... "DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY" is an absolute, stupid!

BFFC-Mel wrote:

Other than that the movies were okay, but could have been much better stories then they were. There was hardly any characterisation. The use of characters from the original trilogy that should have been left alone. Surely C3PO and R2D2 would be seriously out of date technology wise but the time Luke and Leia became adults, if they were newish when their parents met. But then Lucas was only ever after a cash cow with the new Episodes.

CASH COW!!!
That's OUR PHRASE OF THE DAY!!!!!

You win 4000 Kudos.


Also I agree...

BFFC-Mel wrote:

I'm not saying the original trilogy was without flaws. Luke was seriously whiny. But the original trilogy had a much more family feel to it. The characters were ones you could relate to and cherish. I don't think you could say the same about the new trilogy.

Yes... All men relate to either Han Solo or Chewbacca.... Luckily I'm the former of those two cool

Also I agree.. Luke was whiny.... "But I was gonna go to the Tosche Station and pick up some power converters"

Although I shall always prefer Luke to C-3PO.....I hate him almost as much as I hate Jar-Jar....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

BFFC-Mel wrote:

Ep III: The absolutely painful scenes of Anakin being turned. The guy was a moron.

I agree. As well as the Sith deal in absolutes line.... "DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY" is an absolute, stupid!

Exactly yodas a little fag.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

56 (edited by Humorbot5 Saturday, November 25, 2006 12:55 pm)

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Gustavo_Perez wrote:
BFFC-Mel wrote:

Ep III: The absolutely painful scenes of Anakin being turned. The guy was a moron.

Humorbot5 wrote:

I agree. As well as the Sith deal in absolutes line.... "DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY" is an absolute, stupid!

Exactly yodas a little £$%.

....No need to use derogatory terms....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Yoda wasn't bad to begin with, the franchise kind of ruined him. When he whipped out a saber in AOTC, I kind of knew it was over.

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

I agree. Yoda was good as a Mr Miyagi type character...

His puppet looked cruddy in Episode I... So the CGI version was better... But yeah the lightsaber was too sell-out...

If he'd just done  it in Episode II then I think it woulda been fine... But when you see it you just know this is gonna turn up a billion times in Episode III...

And it did....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Humorbot5 wrote:

I agree. Yoda was good as a Mr Miyagi type character...

His puppet looked cruddy in Episode I... So the CGI version was better... But yeah the lightsaber was too sell-out...

If he'd just done  it in Episode II then I think it woulda been fine... But when you see it you just know this is gonna turn up a billion times in Episode III...

And it did....

lol mr.miyagi sounds familiar, who was he again? was he from the karate kid by any chance?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Yeah Karate Kid...

Wax on...Wax Offf...

Now the actor's dead....

At leats thats what I think I heard....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Ah, Jar Jar... he made me forget how badly I hate the Ewoks.

"Reality is a nice place to visit... but I wouldn't want to live there."

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

i hear ya. ewoks suck. it is an amazing feat to be more loathsome than ewoks, but jar jar showed us it was possible.

blarg.blargblargblarg. blarga.

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Humorbot5 wrote:

Yeah Karate Kid...

Wax on...Wax Offf...

Now the actor's dead....

At leats thats what I think I heard....

wow, pat morita did die!  almost a year ago to the day.  nov 24 2005.  that makes me sad

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Yeah he was great.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

A few weeks ago I found this low-budget flick on sci-fi with Pat Morita. He played this uber giant snake hunter guy. He didn't even have the "Daniel-san" accent. He sounded... American. Do you guys know if he had the accent in real life?

And to stay on jar jar, who would win if the Gunguns fought the Ewoks. Now you're probably gonna say Gungans first cuz of the whole "Weesa got a grand army" thing, but think about the platoon of Stormtroopers on Endor:

Droid Army > Gunguns (At least in TPM before the control ship went kablooie)
Clonetroopers > Droid Army (Clone Wars basically proves that)
Stormtroopers < Clonetroopers (Because they're still the Empire, just not all Jango templates anymore)
If Stormtroopers more or less = the Clones, then Ewoks > Gunguns, right?

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

i like the way you proved that using math.

and pat morita didn't have an accent, he was born in the states and lived here pretty much all of his life.

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Humorbot5 wrote:

Yeah he was great.

yeah i remember it like it was yesterday.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

68 (edited by Humorbot5 Wednesday, November 29, 2006 12:20 am)

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Dravage wrote:

A few weeks ago I found this low-budget flick on sci-fi with Pat Morita. He played this uber giant snake hunter guy. He didn't even have the "Daniel-san" accent. He sounded... American. Do you guys know if he had the accent in real life?

And to stay on jar jar, who would win if the Gunguns fought the Ewoks. Now you're probably gonna say Gungans first cuz of the whole "Weesa got a grand army" thing, but think about the platoon of Stormtroopers on Endor:

Droid Army > Gunguns (At least in TPM before the control ship went kablooie)
Clonetroopers > Droid Army (Clone Wars basically proves that)
Stormtroopers < Clonetroopers (Because they're still the Empire, just not all Jango templates anymore)
If Stormtroopers more or less = the Clones, then Ewoks > Gunguns, right?

Has anyone read "Apocalypse Endor"? Its in one of the Star Wars tales...It pretty much proves that the Ewoks were monsters...

saint_nasty wrote:

i like the way you proved that using math.

and pat morita didn't have an accent, he was born in the states and lived here pretty much all of his life.

If he was born in the States and lived there all his life then he probably did have an accent...Only you Americans never seem to notice that....

He never had an Asian accent is what you mean. tongue

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

if somebody cut his head off who would notice?hed just sit there jabbering on as usuall.

SF is what life is all about.

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Has anyone read "Failing up with Jar-Jar Binks"?

As much as I hate Jar-Jar I love that story....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

71 (edited by Dravage Wednesday, November 29, 2006 8:39 pm)

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Humorbot5 wrote:

Has anyone read "Apocalypse Endor"? Its in one of the Star Wars tales...It pretty much proves that the Ewoks were monsters...

...

If he was born in the States and lived there all his life then he probably did have an accent...Only you Americans never seem to notice that....

He never had an Asian accent is what you mean. tongue

"You Americans"? ROTFLMAO! Tell me humorbot, is it true that everyone hates us? The only thing we don't hear enough about other ethnicities in America is Americans wink

I'm, intrigued. Tell me more about this, "Apocalypse Endor" (And what the Ewoks would do to Jar Jar).

EDIT: And "Failing Up With Jar Jar Binks" too.

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Stone Mando wrote:

if somebody cut his head off who would notice?hed just sit there jabbering on as usuall.

What was the purpose of this statement

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

i think it meant if you cut off jar jar's head he would continue to speak while his body ran around for a while longer.  like a turkey.

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Dravage wrote:
Humorbot5 wrote:

Has anyone read "Apocalypse Endor"? Its in one of the Star Wars tales...It pretty much proves that the Ewoks were monsters...

...

If he was born in the States and lived there all his life then he probably did have an accent...Only you Americans never seem to notice that....

He never had an Asian accent is what you mean. tongue

"You Americans"? ROTFLMAO! Tell me humorbot, is it true that everyone hates us? The only thing we don't hear enough about other ethnicities in America is Americans wink

I'm, intrigued. Tell me more about this, "Apocalypse Endor" (And what the Ewoks would do to Jar Jar).

EDIT: And "Failing Up With Jar Jar Binks" too.

I cannot remember why I phrased it like that seeing as I myself am half American...And yeah a lot of people over here make fun of you...call you " a country full of fat £$%$s" etc.

Not me of course...
In fact I went a day saying Aluminium your way instead of ours to annoy a friend....

Ours is (AH-LUM-IN-YUM) Yours is (AH-LOOM-IN-UM)

I also always say Z- Zee rather than Zed.


And as for the accent thing....Well the language is called English...So I like to think everyone who doesn;t sound like they're from England has an accent.... wink





Apocalypse Endor was basically this stormtrooper telling some guys at a bar about being trounched by teddy bears...

The parts which make them sound like monsters is the torture:

Drumming continuously until one Trooper went crazy and started firing his rifle around until he ran out of ammo.....Then the group never saw him again.

The Traps..

They are marching through the forest and an Ewok cuts a rope causing the ground around them to collapse....Those who didn't fall in look inside to see spikes covered in blood. "Vicious little Inhuman...."

While they were camping.


The watchmen comments on seeing nothing all day as a rope is lowered around his neck.... They find his head on a stick a few days later. "They'd done things to him"


The ex-stormtrooper at the bar then comments on never having a good night's sleep since endor.

You can find a better version of the story here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Apocalypse_Endor



Failing up with Jar-Jar Binks cannot be explained very well....As only the pictures can truly do it justice....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

saint_nasty wrote:

i think it meant if you cut off jar jar's head he would continue to speak while his body ran around for a while longer.  like a turkey.

Oh thats right i thought he meant Pat Morita, not jar jar. thanks saint nasty.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."