Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

I don't hate Jar-Jar, I just think that if he were a little less annoying and dumb, he could've been a pretty cool character. Captain Tarpuls or even some random Gungan would've been a better choice for Senetor either way though.

Oh, and about the "racial stereotype" thing, I heard Watto had a stereotypical Jewish accent/personality. So, Jar-jar isn't the only one.

"Did I ever tell you how much I like ants huh? Especially fried in a subtle blend of mech fluid and grated gears?"
-Rampage, Beast Wars

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

saint_nasty wrote:

ya know, if jar jar didn't speak english (or basic as it's called in other parts of the galaxy) i really wouldn't have minded him at all.  for all we know, chewie could have been saying some of the dumbest crap in the world, but because all we heard was "graaaaawwwwwl," he was one of the coolest cats in the original trilogy.  but because we could more or less understand the moron babbletalk coming out of his mouth, that just made him more of a bumble*edit*.  his idiot antics wouldn't have pained me nearly so much watching episode one if i just couldn't have understood what he was saying. 

i think i may rip my epi 1 dvd sometime and redub his dialogue, just take what he says now and run it backwards or something.

slightly agreed. indeed chewy was a hell lot better than jar jar.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Thylacine wrote:

I don't hate Jar-Jar, I just think that if he were a little less annoying and dumb, he could've been a pretty cool character. Captain Tarpuls or even some random Gungan would've been a better choice for Senetor either way though.

Oh, and about the "racial stereotype" thing, I heard Watto had a stereotypical Jewish accent/personality. So, Jar-jar isn't the only one.

check out nute gunray and his trade federation toadies for racial stereotyping of china.  all george needed to do was have one of them doing sidious' laundry to complete it.

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Oh yeah and Watto's nose and sense of humor.

Wow... That film really was a bunch of racial stereotypes and stupid kids....


George must've been on Spice when he designed this film.....

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Let's face it Jar Jar was a poor replacement Chewie. But as you say, if he spoke a language we didn't understand and someone translated it would have been much better.

Mind you half the time I couldn't even understand what Jar Jar said, it was only after I watched Ep 1 a few times that I actually understood. tongue

BFFC Moderator
It was like thousands of voices cried out for a sequel and were suddenly silenced...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

I don't really see how that would work to have Jar Jar speak another language. Unless it was something sorta universally understood Obi and Qui wouldn't have been able to talk to him when they run into him for the first time, and would never have gone to Otah Gunga cause even if Jar Jar somehow understood they needed to get to a city, they wouldn't have understood that he knew of a city.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Ok. There was only one Chewie.

He wasn't part of a larger species which kept turning up plus he was the original.

The Ewoks failed cos they were just mini-Wookiee-tribesman

The Gungans failed cos thye were trying too hard to be popular.

The Kaminoians were never meant to be popular. By comparison Dexter Jettster was pretty cool.

I also didn;t like the "extra" Wookiees and the return of Chewie in Episode 3.

Chewie was better when he wasn't such a sellout.
All the books and action figures went on about it.

He Was only in it 2 minutes and he had one line!!!

I also wish Lucas didn' look quite so much like a dead dog.

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

While I don't really hate Jar Jar I don't see where he added that much to the episodes he was in. Another Gungan would've done just great. He struck me more as tedious and boring after certain point. I guess this attempt at comedy failed.
Chewie, however, has always had a place in my heart. Ever since, I first saw "A New Hope" back in 1977, I have had a hopeless devotion to Chewie. Not that he's as fascinating as Boba Fett though.

A man's worst enemy can't wish on him what he can think up himself. Yiddish saying

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Jar Jar; Please, Don'tsa kells me.
POW!!!!
Me; Thanks Boba.

Bal kote, Darasuum kote. Jorso'ran kando a tome - And glory, eternal glory, We shall bear it's weight together.

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

i hate jar jar...          All of the rest of Ep. 1 was good though, so I still value the movie as a whole...  Jar jar was just the stinkier side of it...


                                                                Beskaryc Beroya

[b]{MW}-[color=red]"Death and Destruction to Our Enemies"[/color][/b] 
[i] "I love that crunchy sound they make when they die."  ―RC-1207 (Sev), killing Geonosian [/i]

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

I can't stress enough how irritated I was when Jar Jar Binks came into the picture. Nothing about him was appealing (although I'm not necessarily sure that was the point) I was hoping for him to get eradicated in the 3rd Star Wars episode.

To look into that helmet's concealing visor was to meet a gaze as ruthless and unsentimental as his own...-Prince Xizor

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

I don't mind Jar-Jar. Though I never liked him either.

[url]http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp[/url]
Everyone should check out this movie. Too bad only chapter 1's ready.

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

TPM was definetly my favorite of the new flicks, it seems like jar jar is the only thing wrong with it. But then trying to picture the film w/o him makes it seem like there's no other attempt at comic relief (save the dialogue between Artoo and Threepio).

Maybe he was there to replace the kind of romantic tension between han and leia that was so lacking. The new films were way to serious for my taste. Cold and unfeeling... good for boba, bad for a plot.

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

I'd rather watch Episode I than *Shudder* Episode III

Jar-Jar or no...

V
IV
II
I
VI
III

And thats the way it goes...

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Humorbot5 wrote:

I'd rather watch Episode I than *Shudder* Episode III

Jar-Jar or no...

V
IV
II
I
VI
III

And thats the way it goes...

whats wrong with episode 3?

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

I must be missing something on your writings Humorbot5, what is it that disturbed you enough to "shudder" in Episode III? I think personall that The Star Wars universe culd have lived on without the appearance of Jar Jar, and that Lucas could have used another means to discover the Gungan city, rather than a high-pitched, irritating, lisping, cast-out Gungan. That is just my take on things.

To look into that helmet's concealing visor was to meet a gaze as ruthless and unsentimental as his own...-Prince Xizor

42 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Thursday, November 23, 2006 4:14 pm)

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

T-Shaped Visor wrote:

I must be missing something on your writings Humorbot5, what is it that disturbed you enough to "shudder" in Episode III? I think personall that The Star Wars universe culd have lived on without the appearance of Jar Jar, and that Lucas could have used another means to discover the Gungan city, rather than a high-pitched, irritating, lisping, cast-out Gungan. That is just my take on things.

George Lucas could've done a lot of other things, like FETT ESCAPING THE SARLACC DURING THE MOVIE. IT COULD BE LIKE RIGHT WHEN LUKE ARRIVES AT DAGOBAH IT COULD QUICKLY GO BACK TO TATOOINE AND SHOW FETT CRAWLING OUT OF THE NOW DEAD SARLACC, WITH FETT BARELY BEING ALIVE, BUT NO, LUCAS SAID IN THE DUCOMENTARY THAT QUOTE " I WAS THINKING ABOUT ADDING A SCENE WITH FETT ESCAPING THE SARLACC, BUT I FELT IT WOULD GO AWAY FROM THE MAIN FOCUS HERE, WHICH WAS JABBAS DEATH." WELL NO OFFENSE, BUT NO ONE CARES ABOUT JABBA. WE'D MUCH RATHER SEE THE GREATEST BOUNTY HUNTER IN THE GALAXY ESCAPE THE SARLACC.


and by the way i agree with t-shaped visor: jar jar ruins episode 1.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Humorbot5 wrote:

I'd rather watch Episode I than *Shudder* Episode III

Jar-Jar or no...

V
IV
II
I
VI
III

And thats the way it goes...

How can you possibly rank ROTJ that low? have you actually seen AOTC?

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

yea I agree AOTC should be second.

TW

{MW} [color=#FF0000]"Death and Destruction to our Enemies!"[/color]
[color=blue]Listen to My Rap Songs!![/color] [url=http://www.myspace.com/dinonkeys]www.myspace.com/dinonkeys[/url]

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Its actually a joint thing... It depends which one I've watched more recently...

II/IV are often fighting for control of second place.

And the reason I rate III and IV so low is cos they are awful in my eyes.

Episode III deserves a shudder because its just Anakin whining and then talking then whining then fighting then whining than turning into Darth Vader then whining.

Before I saw even Episode II I knew almost eaxctly what would happen in Episode III. i.e.

Anakin tunrs to dark side.... kills all jedi...fights Obi Wan....gets badly injured....becomes Darth Vader...

So they had extra bits like Grievous and Palpy vs. Yoda... But Yoda is an arrogant little £$%& who I wouldn;t give the time of day. So they might as well have left that out for all I cared.

And as for Grievous...well I preferred him before I realised he was a coward who runs from Jedi who he has killed so many of...

I don't like IV because the most of it is Endor. Endor was a load of rubbish.... What they were thinking when they included the Ewoks...I don't know.

and the beginning makes Fett look like a whinmy scaredy cat... ("AIIIIIEEEEEE" "BELCH")


I think IV deserves to be second right now, because when I watch it it brings me right back to 1997. The excitement and the anticipation of Star Wars.


Yes there are a lot of people that disagree with me for putting VI as low as I did and that's acceptable but III is never gonna move from last because it wasn't exciting it was anticipated. It wasn;t surprising it was obvious... Plus there was that godawful bit with Yoda making the Red Guards fall over themselves.... I'm glad later guards were trained properly....


Episode I? Well again thats one of those "That takes me back" things... You Americans got a lot of stuff very lucky with that film which you alomost certainly take completely for granted.
You know when you got that film? May 19th 1999... We got it July 16th.

Well what I'm getting at is that my family happened to be going to America a little after M<ay 19th 1999. And I saw Star Wars Episode I before practically everyone I knew.  Now that my friends is a great feeling....


Now you probably thought when you looked at my list...That was my list of them in order of best....well its not... Its in order of my favourites...

Episode I and II didn't disappoint.... That makes it better in my eyes than Episode III which disappoints me everytime I watch it. If I wasn't much of a Star wars fan and I didn't know that a fight with Obi-wan was what put anakin in the suit then perhaps it woulda been better... But I did know... just like I knew Palpatine was Sidious.

And of course V was better than all of them.

When I said "Thats the way it goes" I wasn't saying "This is the official list now agree with it and bow down to me"
I ws simply saying "Thats the way it goes for me"

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...

46 (edited by Gustavo_Perez Friday, November 24, 2006 4:45 pm)

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Humorbot5 wrote:

Its actually a joint thing... It depends which one I've watched more recently...

II/IV are often fighting for control of second place.

And the reason I rate III and IV so low is cos they are awful in my eyes.

Episode III deserves a shudder because its just Anakin whining and then talking then whining then fighting then whining than turning into Darth Vader then whining.

Before I saw even Episode II I knew almost eaxctly what would happen in Episode III. i.e.

Anakin tunrs to dark side.... kills all jedi...fights Obi Wan....gets badly injured....becomes Darth Vader...

So they had extra bits like Grievous and Palpy vs. Yoda... But Yoda is an arrogant little £$%& who I wouldn;t give the time of day. So they might as well have left that out for all I cared.



And as for Grievous...well I preferred him before I realised he was a coward who runs from Jedi who he has killed so many of...

I don't like IV because the most of it is Endor. Endor was a load of rubbish.... What they were thinking when they included the Ewoks...I don't know.

and the beginning makes Fett look like a whinmy scaredy cat... ("AIIIIIEEEEEE" "BELCH")


I think IV deserves to be second right now, because when I watch it it brings me right back to 1997. The excitement and the anticipation of Star Wars.


Yes there are a lot of people that disagree with me for putting VI as low as I did and that's acceptable but III is never gonna move from last because it wasn't exciting it was anticipated. It wasn;t surprising it was obvious... Plus there was that godawful bit with Yoda making the Red Guards fall over themselves.... I'm glad later guards were trained properly....


Episode I? Well again thats one of those "That takes me back" things... You Americans got a lot of stuff very lucky with that film which you alomost certainly take completely for granted.
You know when you got that film? May 19th 1999... We got it July 16th.

Well what I'm getting at is that my family happened to be going to America a little after M<ay 19th 1999. And I saw Star Wars Episode I before practically everyone I knew.  Now that my friends is a great feeling....


Now you probably thought when you looked at my list...That was my list of them in order of best....well its not... Its in order of my favourites...

Episode I and II didn't disappoint.... That makes it better in my eyes than Episode III which disappoints me everytime I watch it. If I wasn't much of a Star wars fan and I didn't know that a fight with Obi-wan was what put anakin in the suit then perhaps it woulda been better... But I did know... just like I knew Palpatine was Sidious.

And of course V was better than all of them.

When I said "Thats the way it goes" I wasn't saying "This is the official list now agree with it and bow down to me"
I ws simply saying "Thats the way it goes for me"

Well the only film i still watch completely from beginning to end is episode 3. the rest i just watch parts. for some reason episode 3 is more entertaining for me than all the other movies.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

If Anakin can kill children, why couldn't we at least see him kill someone that people actually wanted to die...JAR JAR!

Reality doesn't care if you beleive it

48 (edited by Dravage Friday, November 24, 2006 6:40 pm)

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

well stated humorbot5, i just can't understand how you can see how horribly episode 3 was done, but accept hayden christensen in 2. His acting just ruins it for me.

(The plus for me in ROTS was that jar-jar kept his godd*mn trap shut during the entire thing.)

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Dravage wrote:

well stated humorbot5, i just can't understand how you can see how horribly episode 3 was done, but accept hayden christensen in 2. His acting just ruins it for me.

(The plus for me in ROTS was that jar-jar kept his godd*mn trap shut during the entire thing.)

Actually he says something in the background but its hard to hear.

"Everyone has the right to be stupid, but you are abusing the privilege."

Re: Who HATES Jar Jar Binks?

Dravage wrote:

well stated humorbot5, i just can't understand how you can see how horribly episode 3 was done, but accept hayden christensen in 2. His acting just ruins it for me.

(The plus for me in ROTS was that jar-jar kept his godd*mn trap shut during the entire thing.)

Yeah well when you've acted along side the kind of actors I've acted along side you tend to phase it out a bit...

Disciple Sift Through Lies; Few Grains Of Truth Be Known...