Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

Miba wrote:

And then of course there's the EU characters that are in the movies, like Aayla and Quinlan Vos. And I heard a rumor that there's a bust of Vergere in the library in AOTC, but I've never seen it. And then that one guy in ROTS is a representative of Garm Bel Iblis. And in AOTC one of the Jedi extras looks an awful lot like Mara Jade would if she had black hair. (or at least I think that) And there's several others but I'm a bit too tired right now to think of them.

Aayla was already in the movies, didn't even get the one-line speaking role she was promised. I don't know much about Vos, is he the guy with the dreadlocks?  I seriously doubt there's a bust of Vergere anywhere in the library...she wasn't that big-time.  Nobody's quite sure what she looks like anyway.  Did Bel Iblis say anything in the movie? 
What I meant was something like a good reference to a post ROTJ EU planet (other than Kashyyk, which they hardly did justice to the five-mile+ high trees), or even a bit of foreshadowing of Thrawn or something like that would have been awesome.  So many great planets, and George has his guys come up with new ones for ROTS....
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

27 (edited by THE FLASH Tuesday, February 21, 2006 3:24 pm)

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

My biggest thing about BHW (which i have just recenlty purchased and i;m reading at the mo) is that boba talks to much. The book even mentions that he normaly dosnt speak. So dnt have him speak that much. I love the fight scenes n how Bossk was constantly humiliated.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

Yea, that would be embarrising, having your organization split in two, being scared off your own ship. Wow, that is a huge grudge to hold!

"He's no good to me dead."- Boba Fett

29 (edited by Miba Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:43 pm)

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

BalanceSheet wrote:

Aayla was already in the movies, didn't even get the one-line speaking role she was promised. I don't know much about Vos, is he the guy with the dreadlocks?  I seriously doubt there's a bust of Vergere anywhere in the library...she wasn't that big-time.  Nobody's quite sure what she looks like anyway.  Did Bel Iblis say anything in the movie? 
What I meant was something like a good reference to a post ROTJ EU planet (other than Kashyyk, which they hardly did justice to the five-mile+ high trees), or even a bit of foreshadowing of Thrawn or something like that would have been awesome.  So many great planets, and George has his guys come up with new ones for ROTS....
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Was Aayla already in the movies or was I imagining things when, before AOTC came out, a lot of fans were really excited that an EU character would be in the movie?

Vos was the one in the line "Master Vos has moved his troops to Bos Pity." (or however that planet's spelled) He was a comicbook character before that.

I have no idea who Vergere even is, it's just a rumor I heard.

And, once again, Bel Iblis was not in the movie but his aide was. His aide had several lines in the book and deleted scenes, and Bel Iblis is mentioned in the novel.

They are good references, what'd you expect, for the reference to jump up and down waving a neon sign saying, "LOOK! LOOK! I'M AN EU REFERENCE!!!!!!!!!" Besides, the entire name "Coruscant" was an EU name originally.

And the Kashyyyk from the movie is correct with canon, if my memory's correct. In the Han Solo Trilogy it says that there is a small part of Kashyyyk that has water and is on the ground.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

danny wrote:

Jeter was very detailed in developing his characters, as well as developing any element of the book. It showed that Fett wasnt invincible, and can in-fact be bested. I liked this aspect most of all. Also, as someone mentioned, it showed Fett as more of a thinker instead of a straight-up killer who always mystically appears in the right place at the right time.

I totally agree with you on Jeeter's character development.   I liked seeing the thinking side of Fett.  It shows how very dangerous he is, how quick to exploit  even the smallest opportunity.  It's his mind, as well as his skills, that create the dangerous edge to Fett.  I think Jeeter's great with character and character interaction.

***************************
[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

Miba wrote:

They are good references, what'd you expect, for the reference to jump up and down waving a neon sign saying, "LOOK! LOOK! I'M AN EU REFERENCE!!!!!!!!!" Besides, the entire name "Coruscant" was an EU name originally.

And the Kashyyyk from the movie is correct with canon, if my memory's correct. In the Han Solo Trilogy it says that there is a small part of Kashyyyk that has water and is on the ground.

Corellia, Kuat, Camaas, Bothwathiu, Mon Cal, Nal Hutta/ Nar Shadda, Myrkyr, Wayland, Byss, Ryloth, Sullust, all great planets that could have been used.  Chiss, Ssi-Ruuvi, Yevethans, the Corporate Sector, Hapes, the Corellian Sector w/ Centerpoint, would have been nice to see even mentioned offhandedly by a main character instead of making new things up.
As for Coruscant, I'm very, very glad that George uses it, but if every Coruscant scene were filmed on what little ice caps the planet has, would you consider that an accurate description of the topography of the planet as a whole?  What makes Kashyyk so cool is that from their tree cities, YOU CAN'T SEE THE GROUND THEY'RE UP THAT HIGH. 
I know it's a bit late to change things...I just wish George would use more of the perfectly good stuff that's already there.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

Where would all those planets fit into the movies anyway? The only real new planets were needed. Mustafar, lava planet, it was needed for Anakin's burning. Utapau, it was a cool planet, I loved it. Where would you rather Grevious hid? Nal Hutta? Mrykyr? I can't really see anywhere else for the EU planets to be. Maybe the Jedi Purge scenes, but if we had a recognizable EU planet we wouldn't be concentrating on the Jedi's death we'd be concentrating on how cool it is that an EU planet is in the movie, which would take away from the movie. Yes, a few of those planets would be cool to see on screen, but otherwise they don't have to be, IMO.

Well, there would be no point to have our filmed areas of Coruscant be the polar ice caps cause the Jedi Temple, the Senate, Padme's apartment, and the various city areas we see (outlander club, speeder chase, etc) wouldn't have fit there. It would have been very hard to have a battle take place miles above the ground in trees. You can't have ships attacking cause they'd hit the trees. Speeder bikes would prolly be no good cause the repulsers would have nothing to push off of unless they wanted to push off of trees in which case they'd need to be Jedi to keep track of the trees and the battle at the same time. So, I think it was smart to use the land part.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

BalanceSheet wrote:
Miba wrote:

They are good references, what'd you expect, for the reference to jump up and down waving a neon sign saying, "LOOK! LOOK! I'M AN EU REFERENCE!!!!!!!!!" Besides, the entire name "Coruscant" was an EU name originally.

And the Kashyyyk from the movie is correct with canon, if my memory's correct. In the Han Solo Trilogy it says that there is a small part of Kashyyyk that has water and is on the ground.

Corellia, Kuat, Camaas, Bothwathiu, Mon Cal, Nal Hutta/ Nar Shadda, Myrkyr, Wayland, Byss, Ryloth, Sullust, all great planets that could have been used.  Chiss, Ssi-Ruuvi, Yevethans, the Corporate Sector, Hapes, the Corellian Sector w/ Centerpoint, would have been nice to see even mentioned offhandedly by a main character instead of making new things up.
As for Coruscant, I'm very, very glad that George uses it, but if every Coruscant scene were filmed on what little ice caps the planet has, would you consider that an accurate description of the topography of the planet as a whole?  What makes Kashyyk so cool is that from their tree cities, YOU CAN'T SEE THE GROUND THEY'RE UP THAT HIGH. 
I know it's a bit late to change things...I just wish George would use more of the perfectly good stuff that's already there.

BalanceSheet, I totally agree with you about the whole Kashyyyk thing. When I went to see the movie, I was HOPING to see what the trees looked like. I was a bit disappointed that the trees were, well, so SMALL.

"Whoever is a highly evolved, super-genius raise your hand."  *raises hand*   "Oh."     
-----[color=#FF0000]Rodney McKay[/color]

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

Miba wrote:

Where would all those planets fit into the movies anyway? The only real new planets were needed. Mustafar, lava planet, it was needed for Anakin's burning. Utapau, it was a cool planet, I loved it. Where would you rather Grevious hid? Nal Hutta? Mrykyr? I can't really see anywhere else for the EU planets to be. Maybe the Jedi Purge scenes, but if we had a recognizable EU planet we wouldn't be concentrating on the Jedi's death we'd be concentrating on how cool it is that an EU planet is in the movie, which would take away from the movie. Yes, a few of those planets would be cool to see on screen, but otherwise they don't have to be, IMO.

Mustafar could have easily been Sullust, but that's not a huge deal.  I liked Utapau also, very interesting environment.  It's just the Jedi Purge planets, mostly, when George sat his concept boys down and told them to come up with brand new planets, which would each be seen for only about ten seconds, when there were so many out there already.
And I don't think having an EU planet would be that distracting...would have made the movie better for me, but...that's just me.

Miba wrote:

So, I think it was smart to use the land part.

Probably right.  But I think they could have been creative with such an unique terrain...would have been nice to see an arial battle through the trees around the capital city, droids clinging to the trees, MT-AT precursors blasting droid fighters, gunships...and a longer fight than what was in the movie.

One thing I did like about the ground battle...they used JUGGERNAUGHTS!  George pulls an old concept drawing out of the closet, widely used in the EU, and puts it in his movie!
Very happy to see that...

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

Only the name Coruscant was taken from the Timothy Zahn. The actual concept of Coruscant was created by Lucas (interestingly enough, it was originally named Alderaan before being renamed to Granicus), but it was never used in the movies (he had created the concept prior to A New Hope).

Before writing...Return of the Jedi I think it was, he again brought back the Imperial city-world idea, but this time named Had Abbadon.

When Zahn wrote Heir to the Empire, he merely took Lucas's concept and gave it a final name, which Lucas then adopted when making the Special Edition of RotJ.

"I am one acquainted with the night. As a phantom I see all but light."

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

smile I know that, that's why I said, "The name 'Coruscant'". I think before it was named that it was just called Imperial Center, I think?

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

The idea is good, BalanceSheet, but think of the costs to make a battle like that. Not to mention even with todays technology it'd still be a hard scene. Nah, I think its best they used a ground battle.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

38 (edited by danny Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:07 am)

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

My bad, Miba. I'm just so used to people saying otherwise. smile

As for it being called Imperial Center...it's possible in the earliest of the earliest drafts. Or maybe never even in a draft, just GL's head. But there is nothing that I know of confirming it.

"I am one acquainted with the night. As a phantom I see all but light."

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

smile It's np at all.

And thanks, lol, I'm not sure where I got the name Imperial Center anyway.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

Well, either all of Coruscant, or maybe just the area around the Emperor's Palace, was known as Imperial Center even while the planet was known as Coruscant. That could be what youre thinking.

"I am one acquainted with the night. As a phantom I see all but light."

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

Ooh, probably.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

While the Empire was there...they prefered to call it Imperial Center, (as the official name), but most people still called it Coruscant.

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

The idea is good, BalanceSheet, but think of the costs to make a battle like that. Not to mention even with todays technology it'd still be a hard scene. Nah, I think its best they used a ground battle.

Not any more expensive than the Battle of Coruscant.  It would be about the same level of complexity, but with giant trees and Wookiees.
Probably would have cost a bit more to put some effort into it...but George is filthy rich anyway, so...should have sprung for it.  It would have gotten quite a bit of "Wow" factor out of the audience if done right.
Budget-wise, you're probably correct...that's part of the reason the ground battle on Kashyyk was so short.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

jedijaster wrote:

I definitely don't agree with the changes he made (the world of concord dawn became concordawn?)

Wha-wha-what?  When and why and where did this happen?  Does anyone know anything about this?

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

Miba wrote:

smile I know that, that's why I said, "The name 'Coruscant'". I think before it was named that it was just called Imperial Center, I think?

It was called (or renamed) Imperial Center when Palpatine came to power.

"He's no good to me dead."- Boba Fett

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

I read the blur on Slave Ship and it mentions Boba fights an enemy that feeds on human spirt(or somthing along those lines), i've recently read Slave Ship, but i couldn't figure out which enemy that was. Did i miss somthing??

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

You mean the blurb on the cover?  That thing makes no sense at all, seeing as none of the other books in the trilogy have cover blurbs.  Really weird...but it doesn't mean anything.  It's just some idiot cover designer trying to get people to look at the book.
Anzati feed on human spirits though.  They call them soup. smile

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

47 (edited by BFFC Chrys Thursday, March 2, 2006 7:30 am)

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

jedijaster wrote:

Greetings Sentients,
   I am new to this site, but not to fett fandom...

*Jaw drops, eyes get big*
MAN, in all my time being a member of this fan club thats the bigest post I have EVER SEEN! That must have taken a long time to type up

{MW}--[color=#FF0000]"Death and destruction to our enemies!"[/color]
"I wonder what the weather is like on Kamino right now?" Delta 62, Scorch.

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

BalanceSheet wrote:

You mean the blurb on the cover?  That thing makes no sense at all, seeing as none of the other books in the trilogy have cover blurbs.  Really weird...but it doesn't mean anything.  It's just some idiot cover designer trying to get people to look at the book.
Anzati feed on human spirits though.  They call them soup. smile

On the back of mine it  say's" .....For in order to gain his freedom he must outwit a sentient weapon that feeds on human spirits...."

Did i miss somthing lol

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

When they put the covers together, the blurbs on the back are, 85% of the time, crud that barely reflects the content of the book, (ex.  Our heroes face a dark spectre that threatens to consume the galaxy...).  I would say that the Slave Ship blurb you speak of is a metaphor of Kuat of Kuat's trap for Boba Fett, the human spirits part being a metaphor of Kuat's greed or something like that, Kuat himself being a "sentient weapon" that wants to destroy Fett.
It's stupid, but most of the people who write that stuff just want you to buy the book because the blurb looked intriguing, when the book may not be that exciting.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: K.W. Jeters, scourge of the galaxy?

Yea, whats with that.

"He's no good to me dead."- Boba Fett