Topic: Boba in the live action TV series..

Now, I am not sure if this is a rumors or if it is a fact... I heard from various sources that Daniel Logan was under contract to work in the new live action TV series that will be coming out in 2007. If he is, that means it is very likely that Boba Fett will be in it. Do you think he will be the star of it? Do you think it will increase or decrease your liking him?

I am not sure whether it will increase or decrease my liking him... There are many advantages and disadvantages of him being in it, and many more if he is starring in it. The main advantage is that we get to see more of our favorite bounty hunter. Hopefully Daniel will be able to play him right... He should probably read the bounty hunter wars trilogy to allow his mind to be poisined with that Fett effect. Other advantages are that there will be more merchadising, toys, games, hats, ect. There will also probably be more people who will make things like wallpapers and renders for him, and with all the images of Fett that will be in this, the possibilities for Fett avatars are endless. The Boba Fett Fan Club will gain popularity with the thousands of new Fett fans.
But with all these upsides there is one major downside. If Boba stars in it, Fett fans will lose a lot. They will lose their uniquity among Star Wars fans. If Boba is the star, he will be too cool to resist for any Star Wars fan. Every Star Wars fan will be a Boba Fett fan, thus causing us to lose our speciality... There is a way to prevent this however. We could just title ourselves as the "Pre-TV Fett fans", but I am not sure how the others would take that...

So, what are your oppinions on this?

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

The last time I checked (months ago), George Lucas had said that he was thinking about putting Daniel in the TV show, but I don't know if he's actually contracted yet.  I like Daniel a lot (I think he was spot on in Ep. II) but I really hope he goes with the personality in the books, instead of just doing what the directors tell him.

And as for us Fetties...you're right on both points.  I hate to imagine people thinking we only like Fett because of some TV show, but then again, we'll have a ton of new members.  If the TV show is really bad, it might make all the fans that hate us start to sympathize with us, and then maybe they won't hate us so much anymore...?

Estuans interius ira vehementi SEPHIROTH!
BFFC Moderator

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I hate the idea of any and all future SW tv shows. SW is perfect how it is, it doesn't need some corny, cheesy, half-put-together, show with bad effects that doesn't make any sense to SW and is only there to show how "cool" the characters are without having any depth to them at all. I think if they're stupid enough to make a tv series SW will die. It might not seem that way at first but it will eventually. And it will be solely because of the tv series. Clone Wars made it, surprisingly, but it has so many continuety errors I don't know where to begin.

If they make a show about Boba it will be entirely to show off his "coolness" factor, make him into some "uber super villian" where all he does is run around killing people and making explosions and saying "witty" lines as he does it and then, of course, he'll need a friend or partner/sidekick cause you can't have a silent tv show so we need someone for Boba to explain things to so the younger audience will understand as well, and there'll be some dialogue. And there'll be no real reason for Boba to be friends with this person except for the sake of the show.

Besides. Take any classic book. Would you make a tv show about it? No, I wouldn't think so that would just ruin the classicalness of it. Same with SW. It's a classical movie. It's perfect on it's own without any interferance from tv. TV's gone pretty much to hell these days, what's to make us think that won't happen to SW?

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

BFFC Chrys wrote:

I really hope he goes with the personality in the books, instead of just doing what the directors tell him.

It will be a cold day in hell when George picks up a Star Wars book.

I agree with most everything Miba said, in that making a live action show featuring Fett would butcher the character as we know him.  I'm just a little more worried that he will use Daniel Logan as a "villian" to whatever idiotic, probly Jedi heroes he stars. 
What I would like to see though, is a seperately produced anime 26-part series featuring Boba Fett's better hunts (somewhat like Cowboy Bebop.) As long as George doesn't get his fingers in it, I think the high-quality anime medium could depict Fett really well.
But that's just me....

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I don't know much about anime. I did try to watch one of my brother's tapes once but I got a headache with the subtitles. I don't think I've seen a regular English one, except once a long time I ago on tv for a few minutes. So I don't know how that would work out. I'm still iffy about a tv show no matter if it's cartoon or live action, though I think a cartoon would work much better than liveaction. So if they absolutely must make a show, I hope it's cartoon/anime.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

As long as they do it in the right format...
You see, there is a huge difference between the tv-show, episodic  mediocre-to-horrible cartoonime on TV constantly, and high-quality, 13-26 episode anime.  If George would opt for the first one...Star Wars would be destroyed forever.
But a Fett anime of 26 episodes about his best hunts, created by people who actually understand the way Boba is, and don't go crazy with their creative freedoms...that would be truly awesome.

Yeah, the subtitles were kind of annoying for me...I was watching Hellsing (another good 13-episode anime) with subtitles even though it was dubbed in English (I'm half deaf, I need subtitles).  Nothing the characters said matched up with the subtitles, as if they were completely different scripts...very fustrating to watch.
Still good stuff though.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Miba wrote:

I hate the idea of any and all future SW tv shows. SW is perfect how it is, it doesn't need some corny, cheesy, half-put-together, show with bad effects that doesn't make any sense to SW and is only there to show how "cool" the characters are without having any depth to them at all. I think if they're stupid enough to make a tv series SW will die. It might not seem that way at first but it will eventually. And it will be solely because of the tv series. Clone Wars made it, surprisingly, but it has so many continuety errors I don't know where to begin.

If they make a show about Boba it will be entirely to show off his "coolness" factor, make him into some "uber super villian" where all he does is run around killing people and making explosions and saying "witty" lines as he does it and then, of course, he'll need a friend or partner/sidekick cause you can't have a silent tv show so we need someone for Boba to explain things to so the younger audience will understand as well, and there'll be some dialogue. And there'll be no real reason for Boba to be friends with this person except for the sake of the show.

Besides. Take any classic book. Would you make a tv show about it? No, I wouldn't think so that would just ruin the classicalness of it. Same with SW. It's a classical movie. It's perfect on it's own without any interferance from tv. TV's gone pretty much to hell these days, what's to make us think that won't happen to SW?

I have always wished for a Star Wars TV show ever since I was young. I always felt that Star Wars just seemed to end when you watched the movies. With a TV show it can help you get in to it, and make it's popularity last more than 2 months... I do agree it would be difficult if it had no dialogue. Perhaps Boba will be in it, but as a side character instead of the star. Then the stars would be a bounty hunter team... Perhaps 4-lom and Zuckuss...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

There's always the books, they explain much more than a tv show could, and have a much better story than one could and with books you don't have to worry that the cast and crew will totally mess everything up. And you don't have to make sure you're home at a certain time to watch it. And you don't have to have commercials.

Besides, look at all the previous tv messups: The Holiday Special. The Ewok Adventures (liveaction), Ewoks (cartoon), Droids (cartoon). Ewoks is decent. But Droids just makes you confused and doesn't really stick to canonity a whole lot. And The Ewok Adventures? Well the first episode was really bad, but the second was at least a bit better than the other. But I think they've more than proved that SW is not meant for tv. Clone Wars even, people think it's canon but it just messes up canon. It's faster to watch a show than it is to read a book and so people will assume the tv shows are canon when they're not and SW fans will be devided even more and more fights will break out and eventually we'll all be a bunch of nitpicking, pathetic group of people who used to be fans of something that was the greatest thing at the time but is now nothing more than something you watch when you want a laugh.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I only watch Clone Wars half the time. I really don't like the Genndy Tartovosky style. He just makes everything really ugly and deformed.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Yeah, I don't like how Anakin looks, or Mace, or a few other people either. Obi-Wan and Asajj looked ok, to me. Yoda was ok too, I think.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

You could always Ask Daniel and see what he thinks, after the next batch of e-mails go out to him.

aaron@bobafettfanclub.com

12 (edited by THE FLASH Monday, February 20, 2006 1:13 pm)

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

For the star wars show i see a kinda of stargate style of live action. Shown on Sky one about 8 at night on a weeknight (this will only makes sense to ppl in the u.k). I've heard that each episode is going to be about a different minor character. I would love to see a two parter for the first episode featuring Boba. But i can't see how they could do episode after episode about Boba with out changing the character. To me Boba is more of a comic and book charater, where his point of view is his internal monlouges rather than him interacting with others in a vocal way. And it would be nice to see minor characters from all 6 movies too.

As for the whole issue of other ppl becoming Boba fan's cus of the show, then the more the better. I'm not bothered who does or does not like boba fett or why. All that matters is i like and what character means to me.

"This is where my theme song would kick in, if I had a theme song. And not that Flash Gordon movie thing, either." —The Flash

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I think that every few episodes should be about Fett, with plenty of cameo apperances. I also think that D'harhan and that Legionare droid should work with him.

take it easy baby take it as it comes

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

draco fett wrote:

I think that every few episodes should be about Fett, with plenty of cameo apperances. I also think that D'harhan and that Legionare droid should work with him.

Oh yes, there is an interesting thought... D'harhan could be in the episodes. That would be cool...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I'd probably feel better, too, if the show was an anime. I wouldn't want it to be an American cartoon because guess who'd get the job again? >.> I'd also prefer it better if it was done by the same people who made the manga's. But thats just me.

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Miba wrote:

I don't know much about anime. I did try to watch one of my brother's tapes once but I got a headache with the subtitles. I don't think I've seen a regular English one, except once a long time I ago on tv for a few minutes. So I don't know how that would work out. I'm still iffy about a tv show no matter if it's cartoon or live action, though I think a cartoon would work much better than liveaction. So if they absolutely must make a show, I hope it's cartoon/anime.

My husband turned me on to Animae. I first watched stuff that had dubbed English. Yes, I'm a heathen. If you ever get a chance, check out a film called "Riding Bean" (it's the precursor to The Transporter, with a vaguely Fett-esque guy with fast car for hire), a series called "appel seed" ( dark future, with a cop turned robot, and his fem fetale partner. Really well done, kind of Blade Runner feel to it), or a series called Ranma (this is a crazy series. A man and his son go on a Kung Fu quest against the wishes of his wife. They fall into these cursed pools: one turns the man into a giant panda, the other his son, into a girl)  THe man hides out at his best friend's dojo while they try to figure out how to reverse the curse. They change forms when hit with water. I can't even tell you how funny it is.  From your posts here, I think you'd get a kick out of it.  One of the beautiful daughters is this butt kicking karate girl who fights with Ranma.  There's this nutty kid who's obsessed with ancient sword fighting who's in love with 'the little red headed girl', what Ranma becomes when he's hit with water.

I agree with you on your cautious approach to Lucas and Television.  If he can make it dramatic on par with Battle Star Galactica, I think I can buy it.  The intervening years before ANH should be gritty.  If he goofs it up, or makes Fett a foil for the Jedi padawan of the week, I will be back to sticking pins in my Flanneled One Voodoo doll.

***************************
[url]http://museunplugged.blogspot.com/[/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

CeciliaCrimsondragonFett wrote:

I'd probably feel better, too, if the show was an anime. I wouldn't want it to be an American cartoon because guess who'd get the job again? >.> I'd also prefer it better if it was done by the same people who made the manga's. But thats just me.

It is not a cartoon. It is a live action tv series.

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I know that. I didn't say it was an anime. o_o

Half Dragon, half human, 100% Fett!

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I don't think they're making a cartoon, I think I read some where that Lucas wants to make and animated Star Wars show that's kinda like Toy Story, that sort of animation.

As for the live action Star Wars show, I don't think Boba will have too major of a role that will end up ruining everything he stands for. It will probably focus on Luke and Leia growing up or something... or is the TV series supposed to take place during another time frame>?

-BFFC Manji aka Jess

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Manji_Ninja wrote:

I don't think they're making a cartoon, I think I read some where that Lucas wants to make and animated Star Wars show that's kinda like Toy Story, that sort of animation.

Nobody ever said it was going to be a cartoon, just that a serious anime would be nice. 
By Toy Story, you probably mean Computer Generated Images animation, CGI.  That would be pretty expensive to do if he wanted anything with higher quality than the Adventures of Jimmy Neutron.
Might be counting on the millions of Star Wars fans who would watch it no matter how bad it is.

"If you don't want me to eat you.....SAY SOMETHING." 
-Captian Murphy

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

Luke and Leia's Childhood + TV Series = Disaster. To me anyway.

Ursula, you can find these in a regular rental place? Cause that last one sounds good.

Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.
[url]http://www.townparkradio.com[/url] - Video Game Remix Music

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

BalanceSheet wrote:
Manji_Ninja wrote:

I don't think they're making a cartoon, I think I read some where that Lucas wants to make and animated Star Wars show that's kinda like Toy Story, that sort of animation.

Nobody ever said it was going to be a cartoon, just that a serious anime would be nice. 
By Toy Story, you probably mean Computer Generated Images animation, CGI.  That would be pretty expensive to do if he wanted anything with higher quality than the Adventures of Jimmy Neutron.
Might be counting on the millions of Star Wars fans who would watch it no matter how bad it is.

I heard they would be doing a TV series of the Clone Wars in CGI as another thing on Cartoon Network. I am not sure when they would be showing it though...

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

I hated the animated Clone Wars thing. It was like 5 min. for each episode. In my opinion they were terrible!

"He's no good to me dead."- Boba Fett

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

But, a Boba Fett one (if done right) would be great, I would watch that anyday (of done right that is)

"He's no good to me dead."- Boba Fett

25 (edited by KudarMubat15 Tuesday, February 21, 2006 1:57 pm)

Re: Boba in the live action TV series..

What I meant was, they will be making new 30 minute episodes of CGI clone wars, and then they will have another TV show being the Star Wars live action TV series.

BTW: There is an edit button, so you know. smile

[url=http://s7.invisionfree.com/starwarsplanet/][b]Please check out my message board, Star Wars Planet![/b][/url]